Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Collecting User Data

Is there a way to prompt for users to enter some items like their username and room location? We've distributed computers to a number of people and want to ensure they're in the right spots. Thanks for any help.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airplay Apple tv to Macbook Lag/Delay

We are having issue airplay Apple tv 4k to macbook, everytime we airplay our macbook and watch some youtube there is a Lag/delay on the video and sound but if we remove it on the airplay mode everything is working fine. We tried to restart the apple ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Mac Application not populating on one computer...

We have an issue here. Our VPP is set up by to assigning hardware here to a static group for a particular application (if used by many). For the one off pieces of software, scope the computer to the software. As a whole, it has been working well. The...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications

Is anyone else suddenly getting notifications for discussions that they've never been a part of? In the last few days, I have started getting posts sent to me out of the blue.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7 Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hey Jamf Nation, In case you did not see the release email this morning for 10.7, here is the same information for you. Enjoy! ### Jamf Pro 10.7 includes compatibility and key features for iOS 12 and tvOS 12 in support of Apple betas, so your organiz...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Disconnecting

Jamf Nation, Background: We are setup on a TLS network. The network/wireless settings are set by configuration profile. We are bound to AD, using Kerberos and we use Apple Enterprise Connect. Issue: We have users who will randomly see their wireless ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Wifi Policie

Hi, in our company we have a assure that all MACs must have the wifi disable but i couldn´t make it. Please your help with the script or policy, Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to launch self service from policy

Documentation and course materiaal provides this script to Display a message to a user, if they click OK, then open Self Service. messageToDisplay="$4"policyToExecute="$5"policyAction="$6" buttonClicked=$(osascript << EOFbutton returned of (display d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

10.7 Bad Checksums

I've already notified Jamf but the 10.7 checksums are wrong right now and they're working to get it fixed. Just thought I'd let you all know.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Install Switched to APP STORE

Hello! We are having a couple of apps within Self Service (Puffin Academy, Kahoot, Jamboard, and Quizlet) whose "install" buttons read "APP STORE" now. When the student clicks on the the button it directs them to the app store which we have removed f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conversion to InnoDB

When using the Jamf-Pro binary, to make a conversion of the database to InnoDB, I am encountering new settings for MySQL that I am unfamiliar with. InnoDB buffer pool size says to choose around 70% of the total system memory and will automatically do...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Dropbox when whitelisting its kext

I have the Dropbox kext whitelisted via Jamf, but on first run Dropbox still prompts the user to approve it in System Preferences and won't proceed until they do (which of course they can't, since it's already approved). The only way out is to close ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP App not installing on some machines?

Trying to find rhyme, reason, and solution here. I've got iMovie pushing out to 170+ devices. According to JAMF, it's installed on all of the targeted machines. BUT, for about a dozen macbooks, if you type 'imovie' into the Finder, it opens up the ap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set PersonalHotspot in a custom profile

Hi all, I want to switch off the ability to use mobile devices as a hotspot. I read that if I generate a mobile config with PersonalHotspot set to false as payload, this would do. I managed to edit an existing mobileconfig file and uploaded it into t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf 10.7?

Any news on release date. We need JAMF 10.7 for Mojave as Self Service does not function correctly.I know JAMF always say they are day one ready but we need to test, and then schedule time to upgrade.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 12 new setup testing

We are Testing deployment on iOS 12 to make sure everything is going ok. We have noticed that it wants you to sign in to an Apple ID to install self service. We have self service set up as device based app so it shouldn't need an Apple ID. Anyone awa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

EDU profile will not appear on 5 of our ipads

I am about to scream. After several hours on the phone with ASM and JAMF, and after being moved up the chain about three times, the issue is not resolved. All my info in ASM is correct and synced, the 5 students show up in all their classes as offlin...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help getting FileVault going

Im having a heck of a time getting FV2 going. I was working on our initial test but now its not. I have a default encryption config created in settings (personal key) I setup a Policy to Apple Disk Encryption, 6 six logons* Set scope and go The promp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf books available?

I'm new to Jamf and also new to using the MacOs. We had our JumpStart which was great for setup and basic tasks but I need something to help with the more advanced features and best practices. Are there any other forms of reference besides the Admini...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script runs fine locally but not through Jamf

I have a script that's supposed to run at the end of enrollment and it asks a tech whether they want to run an "Initial Setup" Policy, which if run would trigger a bunch of apps to install. It uses Pashua and the API so that if the user clicks a butt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec DLP causing Chrome and FireFox to crash.

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone is having the same issues as us where Chrome (69.0.3497.92) and FireFox (62) crash on DLP version 15.0.0107.01001. When it crash the DLP (EDPA) will spike the CPU to 100% and the whole computer would freeze up. We...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prevent Mac from sleeping - Best Practise

Hello, what is the best way if i want to disable sleep for 3 hours while installing on macs which have a configuration profile which sets sleep to 15 minutes. The profile is installed at enrollment after this i run a policy by custom trigger which ru...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detailed Information about Policy calling scripts

Hello, we enroll our macs with a policy activated by a custom trigger.In the policy is a script, which calls different policies by custom triggers and has some additional commands like echo. Question: Is there a way i can see the outcome or echo of m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 12

With iOS 12 coming out next week, and this being my first OS release with JAMF, what can I expect?I know typically Apple won't push the update for a couple weeks, but it'll be available to iOS devices that check for it. I'm deferring updates right no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors