Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

11.3.1 Lost Mode

We're new to Jamf Pro (yay!). We have model MR7F2LL/A which is Wi-Fi Only. We were playing around with Lost Mode yesterday morning during our Jump Start and noticed that despite being connected to Wi-Fi and location services being on... we are unable...  View more

37ce8f78178a455dafe45f47a1f2378e
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catch-22 whitelisting KEXT ID with config profile

I'm working on a policy that will automatically install the Sophos Endpoint Protection client on Macs that are missing it. It installs a kernel extension, which in High Sierra, end users get prompted to approve. I want it to silently install in the b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual Install on RedHat 7 & server.xml issues….

I’m doing a manual install of the JSS on Redhat 7 with Tomcat 8.0. I’ve edited the server.xml and included our SSL certificate and navigating to the JSS URL indicates that at the SSL cert is being used however the JSS WebApp isn’t showing the cert as...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I upload file to the cloud distribution point?

Hello All,I'd like to upload a file to the cloud distribution point(Jamf Cloud Distribution Service) with CUI(Command line User Interface). I tried uploading a file by executing the following API. curl -u username:password --tlsv1 --header Accept:app...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regarding Intune connection

I found such document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/conditional-access-assign-jamfYou can't remove a Jamf-managed device from Intune. You have to remove Jamf-managed devices from Jamf Pro, which will then remove it from Intune.I did as in...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount different network drive for different accounts

I have no scripting knowledge, found this script below which works for me for mounting the same network share for every user that logs in. But for our lab we have multiple local accounts and each connects to a different share folder. Is it possible t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.5 Beta Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.5 beta adds new features for managing Apple TV devices, includes a new script editor, and enhances various workflows. IT admins managing Apple TV devices will be able to easily utilize the AirPlay permissions feature of Jamf Pro to cr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 9 kudos

Upgrading to 10.13.4

Hi, we've been using the following script provided by Jamf support to upgrade our Macs to High Sierra. We've had no issues with 10.13.2, but when we try to run this with 10.13.4, it stays stuck at the Jamf helper screen. I've been trying to figure ou...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely set time server

Hi all!New to the scene. This seems like an incredible support group. I've just proposed Jamf - we'll see how that goes. Anyway: The time server was manually set on systems in the environment I inherited. I have to correct it because the specific ser...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetBoot Issues

We have Gateway Manager for GSX installed on a Mac Pro. Also, we have macOS Server setup on it as well. Everything used to work just fine for net booting. Suddenly, it stopped allowing Netbooting. I'm thinking it had to do with the Server App update ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf's nomad script

I've noticed that Jamf's nomad install script that's supposed to grab the latest nomad version and download it is not grabbing the current version. I opened a bug on the site a week ago but no response :( Anybody have a quick and dirty fix for what's...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles privileges

Does anyone know the exact privileges that are needed in order to see configuration profiles under computers, I can't seem to get this to show up for some custom group access accounts.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Issues of APNs via proxy

The company have a security network, Jamf server and apple devices on the corporate network are not allowed to reach the Internet except via proxy server, but APNS does not ordinarily permit the use of proxy servers for push notification providers, s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group May 2018 Meeting

The 24th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2018 4:30 to 6:30 PM at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 Join us as we discuss all things Apple and Jamf. We'll talk about how the latest ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

problem with installpkgfromdmg

hi i am trying to install office 2016 using this method the o/s is 10.13 jamf is version 10 alsoi firstly cache the pkg and that works the script then runs but errors, i downloaded the script from here i think its to do with the location for the jamf...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

ios apps not installing

Trying to set up a new iPad this morning and many apps are not installing. Failing with an error of No license was found for app ........ Anyone else seeing this today?  View more

9f480c8139354b17a1b9df7781302dd1
  • 40 replies
  • 2 kudos

API help requested

Given a random package (either by ID number or name) in the JSS, I would like to get an output report of what policies in the JSS already contain said package. That alone would be wicked cool, but I know some of the folks on here have push the API tr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Chrome Updates

I know this has been asked about a thousand times, but I wanted to try asking to see if there is info out there that I don't have. I SPECIFICALLY would like to get chrome on mac to say "Updates are disabled by your administrator." I do not want it to...  View more

0a4332805e7f4d26a18c04719884f684
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

High CPU utilization after image deploy

I've got a head-scratcher. I built a new image with 10.13.4, installed a few of our common apps (Office 2016, etc), applied some common settings, then ditto'd the account to the User Template (following this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/macsysadmi...  View more

57bd44b4fd824cd99b4b83c460b20593
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Way to Detect macOS Device Lockout

We have a password configuration profile that locks the macOS device when the maximum number of failed attempts reaches 5. This works great. However, the user is never notified when their device is locked nor is there a way for Jamf to notify admins ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPad Device Names / Profile Conflicts

Hello: I use student usernames (essentially, their email address before the @ sign) for their device names. For now I have them enter that name in when they receive their devices as part of the enrollment process, then I update a profile that says th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors