Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Video Study materials for Casper Suite/Jamf Pro

I have decided that I want to go for the JAMF Certification. In order to prepare for the training classes I want to study as much related material as possible so that I can better absorb the material in the classes. I am looking for video tutorials t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

.mobileconfig settings for Sidebar not sticking

So I'm using mcxToProfile.py to create .mobileconfig files that my company will be pushing to all the Macs in our lab. mcxToProfile.py takes a .plist and turns it into a .mobileconfig file. One of the preferences we are trying to set is the Sidebar i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage Engine Desktop Central

Hi Admins, Who here use Desktop Central Patch Management piece for their Manage Mac's to patch 3rd party apps? What are your experiences? Agent Installation process? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing Departments into JamfPro from a CSV

Hi all! The Departments in our JamfPro instance were a mess, Nothing was pulling from AD because of all the miss matches. I've cleaned all of that cruft out and now I want to add the Departments as exported from our AD. The question I have is, can I ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question re: log retention and flushing

Trying to determine if things are working "as intended" or if something is up with our JSS: I have all logs set to flush automatically after 6 months. Definitely working for things like the change management log, earliest entry there is exactly 6 mon...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Process Hanging

Recently, we noticed that many of our new laptops were failing to open Self-Service (bouncing in the dock) and that many of our software restrictions weren't being properly applied. Looking in Activity Monitor, we would notice anywhere from 2-4 JAMF ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Safari & Chrome homepage without locking

Hello, I've searched numerous posts about this and every solution seems to be outdated because it doesn't work. Has anyone been able to set the homepage for Safari/Chrome without locking it? We are rolling out a new intranet and want to temporarily s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ChemDraw Professional 16 Suite

Has anyone successfully packaged this using Composer insofar that launching the program doesn't prompt you for a Name, Organization, Serial Number and Registration Code? Thanks in advance for any advice!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft login redirect Safari plist?

I've discovered that our school can bypass the Microsoft login screen with a redirect, bit of an explanation on this site. https://chamonixvue.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/how-to-bypass-the-office-365-login-redirect-page-with-adfs/ Basically, our student...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cylance Unisntallation

Hey Guys,I'm having difficulty figuring out how to use Casper to uninstall CylancePROTECT silently for individual mac. Uninstaller is password protected and I'm not getting any option/Terminal command to send password for the uninstallation. Can some...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Tinkering with Web Scraping

I'm tinkering with web scraping in bash, and I'm getting a result, but it's inelegant and, I suspect, unreliable. What I'd love to learn how to do is to take the Xth table from a given web page, and place the contents of its rows and cells into a csv...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location of CasperShare in the Linux filesystem.

I am migrating 9.98 JSS from Mac to a Linux server and I am having problems with the web server getting "Forbidden" when I try to download a package from it. Can you tell me: What path do you use (what location in the filesystem) for your CasperShare...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Profiles - Mac & iOS

Hi, We push down all of our wireless credentials via profile to our Mac and iOS Devices. I have noticed that sometimes the wireless profile from the Mac syncs over (via iCloud keychain) to the users iOS device. I know I can restrict iCloud keychain, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Doc items being cleared out?

I have a singular policy that runs on log in once per user to add self service to the end of the dock, but it seems to be clearing the dock of all stock apps and leaving only self service and finder. anyone know of what could be causing this?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

n house client backup

Hi, We are evaluating an in house hosted client backup solution and have narrowed it down to code 42 crashplan or commvault v11 (simpana). Has anyone experience with one of the systems? It is hard to find any information about commvault on Mac system...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSx and DEP Wi-Fi question

Hi, i've been imaging apple computers using Deploy Studio, however rumors running around that might be impossible in the near future i've started looking at DEP even for OSx (already running it on iPads). However i've run in to a bit of a problem, si...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Certificates not trusted

----- Warning for Beginner problems and possibly stupid questions ----- I'm getting a user certificate from our Microsoft Certificate Authority (CA), Everything is working great and the certificates are imported via a configurations profile. The trou...  View more

9f71afd913dd41dc91da6f55efa2da16 8a6e983930134dffacb446522b45a11f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil on the new 2017 iMac

Hi all, first post after using Casper for almost 12 months.Having a problem with dockutil version 2.0.5 on a new iMac 2017 running 10.12.6 casper version 9.96, the same script runs perfectly on older iMacs but on the new one the only item that seems ...  View more

1ed43e83c1584e15aa6b89e20ec09090
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trust Certificates

Hi All I have a certificate that I would like to push out to our iOS devices. I have imported the cert into the system keychain and set it to always trust. I've exported the certificate but when importing to a new device it's not trusted.Am I missing...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Display Company Logo as Home Screen

Hello, I have recently enrolled and deployed all our Apple TV's to conference rooms. I want them to display our company logo on the home screen. This would be from the time you turn it on until someone uses it for Airplay. In many tutorials about App...  View more

0b29c799958a40d8b8f76fb486e7e052
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors