Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SKEL Monitoring/Reporting - Extension Attribute?

Has anyone done any work towards getting SKEL status into an extension attribute? I'd love to be able to see which kexts are whitelisted or blocked from loading, if SKEL is active, etc. Luckily we only have one security app that uses a kext, and I im...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How Do I Invalidate a FileVault Recovery Key

I would like to test a script to re-issue a FVRK to any enrolled device with an individual recovery key that is not valid. So, on my test machine, how do I invalidate a key that is already valid so I can verify that the script will reissue a valid ke...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

high sierra smb and spotlight

On our 10.13 macs, multiple machines, we're having a new SMB issue with search results. The files are listed as results, but the icons blank out to generic. For a second you see the real icon, but then they blank out. The results are also now inacces...  View more

5b4c7680367f4c79a6f9ec432d49dfed 3272dcb110484f8994d98c91f3892cab fdd61afc8f7a486884ae97c11e772dcd
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Initiated Enrollment with Jamf cloud

Finally able to dive deeper into our deployment. Was wanting to test User Initiated Enrollment. Is the URL different then the listed example. https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/enroll I have tried a few variations using our jamf cloud url for the organiz...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Caching Bug

When applying a "Security & Privacy" config profile to a Mac with High Sierra with any combination of settings the Content Caching service is automatically disabled. I can work around this by applying a Restrictions profile and enabling "Allow Conten...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf 10 Patch Management experiences?

I installed JP10 on our internal test server to play with Patch Management. Added Mozilla Firefox 56.0.2 to Jamf Admin directly from the dmg I downloaded from Mozilla and added it the PM policy and set it to distribute via Self Service. When I ran th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

HP OpenView?

Does anyone know if there is an HP OpenView client/agent for macOS? Has anyone installed/used it in production?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autolaunch Safari Webpage problems

Ok guys...call me crazy, insane in the membrane or...downright stupid, but, for some reason Safari will not launch an actual window when I have it configured as a login item. Safari will open, but no window until I click the icon. I have also tried u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Test environment?

Hi all. I’m after some information from like-minded colleagues, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at ways we can improve our test environment for our Mac management system. Currently, we have a test instance of the management pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels via JSS

Hi All I'm hoping someone can provide me with assistance with installing Parallels in JSS. I have the autodeploy package, added the dmg of Parallels Desktop 13 into the "Autodeploy.pkg and then tried uploading this into jss, but when its uploaded it ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying High Sierra 10.13 with Casper Imaging

Hi All, I thought i would share with the community my method for deploying High Sierra with Casper Imaging.The method basically consists for two scripts. I have tested this with a 10.13.1 Netboot Image created with AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI restoreMa...  View more

• 86 replies
  • 18 kudos

High Sierra upgrading Newbie advise

So for the first time ever we are wanting to not have to run around to everyone's laptop and manual upgrade. I am looking at in place high sierra upgrading by caching the installer on the machine then using a script to launch the upgrade process. Or ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

SMB Share mounting and which way is right for me.

I have found many scripts here and on the internet but I am not having luck creating a policy to mount a network share. We have a basic drive that everyone has access to, I want to basically have a script that mounts this drive automatically for our ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

eraseVolume fails, could not mount disk after erase

I have a simple script that erases a volume and them sets the permissions so that anyone can access the drive: #!/bin/sh #erase and reformat Volume_name partition sudo diskutil eraseVolume JHFS+ Volume_name /dev/disk0s4 #change drive permission sudo ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

List MDM Capable Users in Extension Attribute

Hi all, I've had a few issues where VPP applications would not install and after a fair while of investigation i found that the uername listed under MDM Capable Users is not the same as the login username, in most instances the AD account had been in...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script Not working in JSS but will work via ARD

Hi I have simple command lines that I've used to clean up our Lab based mac minis, deleting files deleting files in the following locations. rm -rf ~/Desktop/rm -rf ~/Downloads/rm -rf ~/Applications/rm -rf ~/.Trash/ I can run it them all at once with...  View more

9e0cf8a6fde846d1a807cbb509e3be20
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to tell what Apple ID an app was installed under?

I have an interesting situation where a student has purchased a piece of software under his personal apple id, and is reselling it to other students by signing in as himself, installing it, then signing out. I found this out by attempting to update t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deferral Options for JSS Policies

I want to edit a policy for OS updates that I current have in self service and make it a weekly policy for all machines. On Frequency, I do have the option of once ever week. However, it appears the only option for user deferral (see attached screens...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

OneDrive Implementation

I have onedrive implemented for users that received new notebooks (manually pushing the app and our preference files), and now I need to push it out with JAMF to all the desktop machines. Below are the unix commands I have been manually entering in T...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it just me, or does this bother you too?

I keep a short cut to the Casper tools in my doc for both my prod and test environment. Does it bother anyone else that the folder icons are now noticeably different? Or is it just my OCD? K. Thanks. Bye.  View more

d7f017a90b0e4d23b86415f4e1d3bf64 5d024083a96a45efaaf634f26235b4c3
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

silent install pkg mac os x with custom install

hi all - i'm trying to do a silent install on anyconnect client 4.5.x. it's in .pkg format. typically i would execute the following command: sudo installer -verboseR -pkg "/somelocation/somefile.pkg" -target / however, the installation has several op...  View more

12ba759b3804405eab0636b0f8c8e446
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Branding Header image tint (yuck)

The new Self Service Branding Header image seems to be delivered to the client GUI with a dark tint applied. (no bueno) I'm pretty sure this was being discussed in the beta forum, and I thought the JAMF response was this would be reduced, lifted or m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Battery level not updating

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with their iPad battery levels not automatically updating during an inventory update? We have to do remote restart of the device to have it register it's actual battery level.Any help/suggestions wou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble w/ VirtualBox Deployment

Been searching for others might have done this in the past but no results on Jamfnation, so I gave it a whirl as a test. I have Virtual Box and a Windows VM created on my device working 100%. Then created a new pkg via Composer that includes the Virt...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors