Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Exclusions in Restricted software

So I have noticed that when using restricted software records in JSS on computers, the exclusions can be a bit "buggy".When you apply a restriction to an application, like Chrome, to all devices, once every device has applied the record, when trying ...  View more

2fe389901f0a40c89b601174e52c6fe1
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Best way to deploy without Apple DEP?

We have a large number of products that we may not be able to provide reseller information for. What is the best hands-off way to deploy and capture all our machines given we won't be able to use Apple DEP? Build an image and then some sort of Netins...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirDrop: custom computer name?

Does anyone know how to customize the computer name used in AirDrop without renaming the computer itself? Our corporate naming convention isn't well liked AirDrop user. When users rename their Mac to something AirDrop friendly, AD binding breaks. I'm...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting Wallpaper

Hi, What would be the best way to set a wallpaper but allow the user to change it, I already have a config profile to enforce wallpapers on shared machines, but for our 1:1 machines I want to set a default wallpaper but allow the user to change it af...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 2 kudos

Self Service + Zendesk

I've searched all over Google for this one, but I'm still at a loss. And forgive me if this is easy as I'm relatively new to Jamf and Self Service. What I'm trying to do is create an easy way for a user to submit a ticket to our Zendesk ticketing sys...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

mdm check-in file?

We are in the process of redeploying several older macs (but newer than 2012). The process is to erase them, install Sierra, enroll them in our DEP (since they were never originally in DEP), and then turn on the computer and our pre-enrollment config...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac management comparissons?

Hi, I've searched for some sort of comparison information in regards to Mac management and am really having trouble finding what features and functionality differentiate the different providers. Does anyone have an accurate and detailed comparison ch...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Imaging Issues

thanks in advance for reading. I recently got in 30 new 2017 iMacs with Mac OS Sierra (10.12.5 Build 16F2073) pre-installed. I have my own 10.12.5 Build 16F73 image built with AutoDMG that has been working on older models of Macs (anything not shippe...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

What Antivirus do you use at your Company?

Hello All, been a while since I posted here. Currently at my Organization we have adopted Trend Micro antivirus and it has worked fairly well. We used to have SEP and it was kind of hit and miss, but could have been due to configuration on the server...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying users via JumpCloud in order to activate MDM

Hi, So with the changes in Sierra meaning that only 1 local account per machine is MDM enabled we have hit a wall. As we did not have a Directory Service in place beforehand we are trialling JumpCloud. However their user provisioning appears to be th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

self-service macbook jss script to flush client dns?

wondering anyone has a working script to flush the end user's DNS? The terminal command for sierra is: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder but I need a script so it will run without user auth. Scenariowe are a huge apple school, over 2500 clients, we rec...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Converting desktop.ini files to .DS_store files

I wanting to be able to use desktop.ini files in MacOS. Names of Network printers and drives that show as the hidden name in MacOS. I would like a script that would allow those FIles to still display as a Normal, Functional name that users will under...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile reporting inaccurate?

I'm noticing re-imaged machines are showing configuration profiles installed by the previous user of the laptop... this is throwing off my reporting. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM profiles not installing

When imaging my new machines they aren't grabbing the config profiles or managed preferences. Both are scoped to the department that the machines are a part of. When running sudo jamf policy or sudo jamf manage -prompt It says "management framework w...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Queues

Hi all, How do you manage print queues for a bunch of printers? I am going to assume like most you use Casper to push the printer info and driver, and the staff print directly to the printers. Or do some use Bonjour and use ExtremeZ-IP? Trying to get...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Problems

Hi Folks, I have JAMF's NetSUS appliance running in VirtualBox on a MBP. I've created and uploaded a netboot image and am able to boot an iMac successfully. When I try booting an entire lab - about 16 iMac's - they all hang. I enabled verbose boot mo...  View more

4ef688255f774051b0f9a5f79116eb0a
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping Home Folder

I am wondering how everyone is handling mapping home folders in Yosemite and up. Previously the school used a custom Package that would run a script to mount student home folders. This broke after upgrading to Sierra. Currently I have the option "Use...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect Certificates

We currently deploy Cisco AnyConnect with a user certificate stored in the login keychain. Because the login keychain is often recreated by our admin users as part of password troubleshooting, we are looking at authenticating against a device certifi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Austin Apple Admins Social

Hey y’all! We’re pleased to announce our next event celebrating the second anniversary of the Austin Apple Admins meetup group tonight! Deets linked below.[http://austinappleadmins.org//2017-06-09/second-anniversary-happy-hour/](link URL)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do I need memcache for all my servers

This is our test setup:-JSS 9.98 Clustered environment2 clustered web apps behind a load balancer for internal clients1 internal web app for management tasks (master)1 external web app in the DMZ for external clients We are considering building 2 mem...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors