Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

iOS 9 payloads, options missing

Hi everyone, With the recent JSS 9.8 update, we see the new iOS 9 payloads are there, but some features are still missing that were announced (we're probably misunderstanding something or have missed it). We don't see a way to: block the user to upda...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Server

Hi I am try to setup a Netboot Server and integrate it into an existing office network which the hosts are on a different subnet than the server, DHCP helpers on the particular test VLAN are in place yet I cant get the hosts to boot to the netboot. T...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMovie broken after iOS 9 upgrade

I know this isn't a JAMF-related issue, but since this is the biggest community of Apple professionals, might as well give it a shot. So we just ran into an issue where iMovie stopped working these days. Here is the issue: iPads are running iOS 8.4.1...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile, new JSS and wifi

I have set-up a new JSS on CentOS 7. We have made a dns change so all MacBooks will now point to the new JSS and now all the MacBooks are checking in. However, we are unable to push out configuration policies, we believe this is to do with MDM Profil...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Update Magic 2.0

Hi everybody, I've completely rewritten "Auto Update Magic," my guide to methodically distributing third-party software updates using AutoPkg, AutoPkgr, JSSImporter, and the Casper Suite, in case you're interested. The new guide focuses on a standard...  View more

407696b9fb17472682b5e87d2b19a337
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 Linux error, JSS Startup Suspended?

I'm trying to set up a test JSS here, using Centos 7. Fresh OS install, up to date; latest MySQL 5.6 CS; downloaded the 9.8 installer & ran, no issues...but when I open the web browser to finish I get an error: JSS Startup Suspended The JSS can only ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corrupting a hard disk

Strange request I know, but I want to corrupt the volume header, or file count on a hard disk so I can see the errors. I had a corrupt hard disk this week and my first reaction was backup (failed), attempt repair with Drive Genius (successful), backu...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd and "Enrollment Complete"

I am migrating Macs to a new JSS and deploying a new QuickAdd package to do so. I have a policy set to run at "enrollment complete" but it doesn't seem to be running on these Macs during my initial testing. Does "enrollment complete" apply to a Quick...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Cloud and locally-hosted distribution points

We are investigating switching from our locally hosted JSS to the cloud solution and are trying to work out the best way to handle distribution points. Or initial plan was to have one external-facing (the goal being HTTPS access only) and one interna...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to disable login timeout for AD users?

Experts, I am dealing with a problem of timing out from logged session. For example I use AD bounded account and I am kicked out afer some time. I would like completely disable that, so I can manually log out. Thank You  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login/logout policy not applying

I've got a lab with 20 computers in it and configured login and logout script policies. They are ongoing policies triggered by login or logout respectively. They've been working great the last month. However, as of 2 days ago, a seemingly random half...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Texas Admins Networking Lunch @ JNUC 2015

Hey Texas admins! Let's get together during a lunch hour to socialize, trade business cards, talk about how hot it is in Texas, what the heck the Cowboys are doing without Romo, the merits of burnt orange, traffic in DFW, resources available in your ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger a Check In - Printers

Good Morning, I'm trying to create a script that is accessible in Casper Remote for wiping the printing system and re-applying the printers. We have our policies set to "Once per Computer" for applying printers at each site, I tried a script that jus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OD Network Home Shortcut on Dock or Desktop

Hello, we are taking down WGM at one of our sites that is utilizing OD (normally we use AD which helps us out by mounting the network home on the dock). I am looking for the simplest way to have an alias on the desktop or dock to their OD Server Home...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Devices not checking in after 9.8 upgrade

I have 51 devices that won't check in out of 268 after the last update. I can manually connected to the machines and run jamf recon and it works but the check-in never completes. They also seem to not be getting policies either. Any suggestions? Than...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll Page no longer working

Hi Guys;running 9.65. Enroll page worked fine a month ago ( https://casper:8443/enroll). When access is attempted, page loads,asks for credentials, then just refreshes. Tried using safari, firefox, chrome. cipher update done. anyone see this before? ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS appliance not enabling Netboot service

Hi all, I'm having an issue with getting the Netboot server operational. I created the .nbi, uploaded it to the server, and added the subnet via the web interface. When I click Enable Netboot, the page just refreshes and nothing happens. No error, an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clients losing their enrollment

We have had a few machines that seem to have lost their enrollment and consequently their connection to AD. The clients are all 10.4 with JSS 9.7. An example log file for an affected machine: Wed Sep 23 10:08:12 MSTKPNE119-0302 jamf[9826]: Informing ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't capture OS Package in El Capitan Beta

I'm trying to create an OS Package to test El Capitan to see what problems may occur with current software if we decide to roll it out in the next month - in composer its only letting me select an attached USB or the Recovery Partition. Is this a bug...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Icon for

Hey guys, I have been playing around with popup dialogues and came across osascript. Im trying to figure out if there is a way to specify, replace, or use a different icon than the default one that pops up(see screenshot). osascript -e 'tell applicat...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow users to change the computer name

I use Casper Imaging 9.73 to image computers. If I try to change the computer name on an imaged computer under System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name, the computer name reverts back to the name that was set when the computer was imaged. Is ther...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Venue?

So, the question is, where do we hold the "First Annual JNUC Beer Swap"? There are not many restaurants that are BYOB that would be convenient. There was some discussion of the Aloft hotel lobby, but I am not sure how they'd feel about outside booze,...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sync password from AD when password forgotten

Anyway of forcing the password to sync from AD at login? I know it usually works but I have a machine that is at a blue login screen. Is this screen a pre-boot for FV? How can i get the OS to load normally so it syncs the new password? No recovery ke...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single click not working in 10.10.5

I've seen this happen twice now and still investigating but figured I'd ask here as well just to see if anyone has encountered this before. Using an AutoDMG built OS image, two different computers are exhibiting weird behavior when using the touchpad...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Password Caching

Hey All, Scenario: User has a windows machine on our AD and a Mac.User changes password from windows machine and is confused that the new password doesn't work on new Mac due to cached credentials. The only thing I have told them to do for now is to ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors