Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Casper Imaging and AutoDMG and Packages

Hello All, I'm pretty new to casper, but not Mac or Imaging (Former DeployStudio user). I built a scalable image using AutoDMG and AutoCasper NBI. If I image the base OS down, everything works great, boots perfect, no rights issues. If I load the bas...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on existence of a file?

We've got some security software that only consists of a single binary in /sbin and a launch daemon in /Library/LaunchDaemons Some of the installs were done by our security team manually (outside of Casper) and I've been asked to make it deployable. ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbooting brand new Mac's

Hello guys, Is there any way a brand new, out of the box Mac can Netboot directly without manually going through the setup assistant? Current process: New iMac shipped from Apple Unbox and plugged in the ethernet cable and go through the setup assist...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change the default media player to VLC

Helo JAMF, Currently, the default media player for "insert video" is Apple DVD Player and we would like to change that to VLC. Is there any scripts, managed references or config profile that can do that? I've searched JAMF nation and the web and coul...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot: Appliance VM vs MacMini

Hello,We have been netbooting our imaging systems off of three Mac Minis. I was hoping to speed up the process by implementing the Netboot/SUS appliance. Our VM infrastructure uses XEN, so I extracted the OVF file to get the VMDK and created a XEN VM...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Segments and Default DP

Hi Guys, We have some small network segments defined for offices around Europe. We then have a catch all segment for just Europe. If we have a specific DP assigned to the catch all Europe segment but not the smaller offices I'm not the seeing the beh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP under iOS for a total newb.

Hi all, OK, my understanding of SCEP could be written on the head of a pin. I'm looking for some sort of guide that would explain to me how to fill out those fields in the JSS si I can push the required for my iPads using SCEP to authenticate to WiFi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Due to the lack of "blocking apps" in JSS...

Is there a graceful way to push Office 2016 to a logged in user who might have any/all of the suite's applications open during the push? I wonder if JSS 10 will provide a way to warn users to close any apps that shouldn't be open, (ala "blocking apps...  View more

0e93ac830a5f4e878e4e87038e23ca88
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X: Energy Saving Profiles Suddenly Not Working?

Hello, Once we upgraded to Yosemite for the school year, our Energy Savings Profile stopped working. I confirmed with the logs that it wakes up in the morning, but does not shut down. When I go to System Preferences to confirm that the profile being ...  View more

71a611f4884d40e5827e71efd19c081c
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Private Key for built-in JSS CA? (traffic shaping)

Client with multiple JDSes around the world. Their JSS is configured with a new Tomcat keystore, and a certificate issued by their Active Directory Certificate Authority. This is being used for client-to-JSS and web console connections. However, the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF vs Everything else

Warning this is a rant. Does anyone else the general feeling that both convergence and idempotence as strong features in most configuration management products (Chef, CFEngine, etc.) being a giant weakness in the JAMF suite of products at the moment?...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kernel Panic When Quitting All Applications

Hello JAMF Nation, I've been experiencing a few instances lately where user computers will kernel panic when attempting to quit all applications rapidly. The crash report is listed below: Anonymous UUID: D355DE2A-F4F0-AFED-F47C-54AD48D588DB Fri Sep 2...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Mobile in Education environment

Hello, I'm trying to decide whether our school system should switch from Self Service web clip to the mobile app. "If it isn't broken..." What are the major advantages of Self Service Mobile?CategoriesThe ability to Reinstall an app (would this retai...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package being deployed to remote users Issue

So i have a 500mb pkg file that creates a recovery partition. Im connecting to my internal network via our guest wifi and vpn to make it appear as if im one of our field users. When i watch the activity monitor and force a jamf policy update. It down...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS version

This maybe an obvious newbie question for most of you guys... how do I find out what version of SUS I have on my netsus server? I am pretty sure It is not version 3.0.2 because it is not working for my Yosemite clients (it is however working with my ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive and JSS managed printers

We have been having an issue with printers that are managed through the JSS not cooperating with the Chrome browser. For whatever reason some printers disappear and then show back up at random intervals, and only when the person is trying to print ou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Search for Applications

Hi, I remember we had a Advanced Search for applications in Casper Suite 8.x. It used to provide Application Name, Version and Application Path. I am not seeing the option in 9.x. Does Casper Suite 9.x have the option for creating the Advance Search ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Things to do in Minneapolis? Pre-JNUC

Hi All, so I land into MSP on Saturday afternoon and was wondering what are some must do things in Minneapolis? I have to do a little birthday shopping for the wife (i'm away while it's her birthday) so will go down to the mall of america. I was hopi...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors