Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Purchased Composer from JAMF

I am new to the Mac support community so please excuse my simple question. After I buy Composer from JAMF where do I download or install it from? Do I wait for JAMF Nation to send me link? Thanks, Tom  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Profiles in El Capitan

Is anyone else having issues with automatically enrolling workstations with an OS X Server or 3rd party enrollment profile? I've done everything I can think except for rebuilding the server from the ground up. I've tried using the DeployStudio automa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM demo and User Log-in

Hello All, Since attending the JUNC, I was wondering if anyone knew how IBM was able to have user's log-in with network account credentials and create the first account after the DEP notification?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

app list

Is there a way to export a csv file from the JSS app catalog with the app name, app version and who it is scoped out to  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Self Service users

Hi, I am about to send out VPP invitations to users. During some testing I have noticed that the user name that shows up in Self Service is not the user logged in. This means a user might get an invitation that they shouldn't. How can I rename this? ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Server won't accept logins till reboot ?

This has been a lingering problem for me that I can't quite figure out. We have a mac pro running server 10.6.8. It runs all our mac services including open directory. Every few days or so it stops accepting open directory logins and will not let any...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable ICloud prompt for frist user log in

I have some applications that have to install post imaging such as the office 2016 Volume installer. However when i check install on boot drive after imaging. and the Adobe account auto signs in Icloud pops up asking to sign in ofcouse i skip it. is ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple in EDU Update

Didn't see this posted on the forums, so I figured i'd share for those who haven't seen it. Big things happening: http://www.apple.com/education/preview/ edit nevermind, I found the thread.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best place to temp folders for use in policy

I have a couple of scripts that I'm looking to tidy up a bit and I've noticed that with El Capitan's release Apple isn't super fond of folks adding folders where the user doesn't normally have access to. Currently, I'll drop files into /private/var/t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reality check: Software Update Process

Curious what others think - we're about to move to "Production" with our JSS implementation, and would appreciate input on the approach we're taking. We're fairly "patch-happy" in the sense of regular patching and tight requirements/deadlines for add...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Policy MDM

I have a password policy Configuration profile set on our machines that only use Local Accounts. What I am wondering after someone puts in the wrong password over 6 times it disables the user. How does that work? Do they get put in a disabled users g...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Updates via self service

Hello Everyone, I am not sure HOW to frame this question so I hope this makes sense. We are trying to allow our faculty/staff Macs to be updated when the employee clicks on the "Update My Computer" self service policy I created. This policy will upda...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

is there a way to remove a PKG that was pushed out

Hello JAMF nation, I have goofed once again and I turn to you guys for help. I accidentally pushed a pkg out to the enitre company and I'm trying to remove it. I can see the check box to " allow the package to be removed" and I re-indexed the package...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API access?

Does anyone know how I can get more info on the JAMF APIs that are listed on the JAMF site here: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/developer-resources/ Calling JAMF has some folks claiming they don't know anything about the APIs, and others claiming I need...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image won't block level on netboot

Following on from my - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=18390 question. I can Netboot happily but the install won't block copy. The image is set to diskless. The drive is dismounted and quickly comes back. Casper images shows bl...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

completely remove an asset from the JSS

I am trying out some things and I want to start from a totally clean state. What is the best way to remove an asset from the JSS and remove all traces of Casper from that asset. Thanks loads.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building FlashPlayer Policy and AutoPKGr

Hey everyone, How do you package Flash Player to include both NPAPI and PPAPI? Any pkg that I find from AutoPKGr only includes NPAPI. I usually just build a DMG manually using composer to include both NPAPI and PPAPI together. Today, this is giving m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO/Shared Drives/AD Binding Best Practices

Hello, I am looking for advice regarding best practices when dealing with the above technologies. Currently, we have an environment where we are bound to AD but the only thing remaining we need it for is shared drives. We currently have apple scripts...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux JDS enrolment error

Hi guys, I'm tying to install the JDS-Linux-Installer-9.82.run on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server in our vCenter, but I'm getting an error after providing the installer with the details it requests. The error displayed in the terminal is:error: (35) ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Mac App Store or not?

Hey there, i was looking for some best practice and references around the Mac App Store. Are you allowing the Mac App Store to be used by your employees or not? cheersjomo  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors