Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Auto fill Purchasing fields using info from DEP

Is there any way to pull purchase information from DEP into the purchase information fields in the JSS? We use our oder numbers to add our stuff to DEP so purchase dates etc is already there it would be nice not to have to fill it out for each device...  View more

055fbdf3c60a4b1e81f0d3109bc35cf2
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to change LDAP server with config files?

Hello I'm just wondering if there is an possibility to modify some XML or .conf file to replace wrong LDAP servers. Once my corporate colleagues turned off old domain controllers I lost ability to access JSS website due to LDAP connection error. Acco...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5.5 Premium with El Capitan

Just want to check with everyone if they manage to get Adobe CS5.5 to work with El Capitan. I heard its not compatible with El Capitan.I personally tried to install it but ended up with a pop up that a process (I think its a safariplugin something) n...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

HipChat deployment (suppression options)

Never heard of HipChat but the consensus seems to be it beats the pants off of Campfire. Good with that, loving how it is a simple drag install, unfortunately haven't found any info on suppression. Other than a checkbox in it's preferences that is of...  View more

5039ca073fa742b7b5cbff7314c13710 7cee0bdfe39049a2a8ff9f956f61d30d
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing JSS URL without migrating

Hello, I've been asked to change our JSS URL without migrating our server. Is this possible? Current: jss.crop.domain.com Outcome needed jss.domain.com What I was thinking: Add a DNS entry = jss.domain.com Create a policy changing the URL on the clie...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

IT Assets unique ID JSS Computer ID

Hello, I am working on an integration between casper and our IT Asset management system (servicenow).I was able to query the computer reports resource url to pull in data, this is working great! We were planning on using the Serial Number as the uniq...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Computer Record Expiration

I know the default for a computer record expiring is 14 days in OS X. My question is, what triggers syncing? I don't know AD well at all. Does a Mac periodically "check in" with AD or does this communication only occur when you try to do something li...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus issue

Our trainers sent us a video recording of an issue they are experiencing with Casper Focus on a set of 30 iPads. The video shows two iPads cycling through several apps in a perpetual loop. They said force restarting doesn't resolve the issue. We'll b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Silverlight update script

Thanks to @mm2270 and @rtrouton I have taken Mike's update script and Rich's adobe flash update script and figured out how to make the Microsoft Silverlight script. #!/bin/sh # Silverlight Lastest Version URL ############################### silLightC...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service hanging on login for AD Users

Trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem.Our laptops are running 10.10.5 and we are on JSS version 9.8.1. This morning a large portion of our users who all use AD accounts could not login to Self Service. When they would type in their c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.11.2 update for El Capitan is available

Apple released OS X 10.11.2 update for El Capitan Improves Wi-Fi reliability Improves the reliability of Handoff and AirDrop Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect Fixes an issue that prevented Mail from deleting messages in an...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications to End Users

I like notification center for non-obtrusive messages so typically use Yo, Terminal-Notifier, or sometimes AppleScript. Sadly JAMFHelper takes focus so any message interrupts what the user is doing (typing an email..?) and get unhappy. Looks like tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking access to OneDrive from OneNote?

With Office 2016, OneNote allows you to save to either OneDrive for Business or (Personal) OneDrive. Is anyone familiar with a plist value to lock-down these options? I'd like to present users with only the option to save to ODfB, but I haven't been ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to set search domain?

In order for our systems to bind to AD and map network drives they need to have a specific search domain set (i.e. company.com) and we do this via a 'initial system settings' script which runs when a system first enrolls. However, we find that the re...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Not encrypting Recovery HD

Hello, I have a few MBAs and MBPs in my JSS with encryption enabled. However it looks like FileVault isonly encrypting the Boot Partition and not the Recovery Partition. Therefore, I cannot grab the recovery key from the Management tab. Any ideas why...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on policy still pending??

I have a need to create a smart group that is based on whether or not the client(s) have run a policy. For instance, we use Adobe's RUM command regularly, monthly. I would like to do, is find all of the computers that HAVE NOT run the RUM command. I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiding the AirPort Menu Item

All Our desktops use Ethernet exclussivley, and thus I want to make sure the "AirPort" menu item doesnt appear on my desktop Macs after imagaing. Obviosuly, I want the Wi-Fi menu Item to be active for laptop users, but there is no reason to show the ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Infrastructure and Scaling

I know every environment is different, but JAMF doesn't have a ton of info on this topic so I'm hoping maybe to get some insight into how different places have scaled their infrastructure. The reason I ask is because we recently completed a project t...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Evernote through Self Service

Hi Guys, Anyone tried putting the dmg downloaded from Evernote website into self service. I tried this but its at the end of the installation it just gets stuck and does not complete the installation. Is there a better to do this? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accèsimessage Face Time

BonjourUne élève à un souci concernant son application imessage et Face Time sur ma tablette, elle n'arrive plus à y accéder. Laure-Marie Pirès 2nde 5Identifiant apple : lpires@notre-dame-reze.frMot de passe apple : NQxg7462 Meci pour votre aide  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resource URL Computer Inventory Collection

Hello, What account role and permissions are required for an account to access the "Computer Inventory Collection" API resource url? I was provided with an account that has access to many other resource urls already, but not that one. As an example, ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper MySql query for inventory tracking

Hello, I am building an integration to Casper with our IT Asset Management database. I am connecting directly to the MySql database and will need to run queries to retrieve asset data. Where can I find a schema map of the Casper database? I would lik...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Activation Time and Local Time?

I can't seem to find an answer to what seems like a simple question, so I'll ask here. When you set an activation time for a policy... let's say 8am... I know it sort of vaguely says "based on the settings on the JSS host server" but on each client, ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are my policies failing because jam binary can be found?

Sending Wake On LAN command...Opening SSH Connection to xxxxxxxx...Authenticating...Successfully authenticated.Verifying Computer's Identity...The MAC Address has been verified.Checking Operating System Version...Running Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)Verif...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server Script: Runaway Policy Report

This is something that I made for my own use, but I thought I would post it in case it were useful to others out there. Essentially, I needed a quick way to know about trouble policies that are executing over and over again - what I termed "Runaway P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors