Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Mass Update Operating System Not Working

Hi All, Apologies here I am new to JAMF Pro so forgive me if I have missed something obvious:I have followed this guide here:https://trainingcatalog.jamf.com/update-macos-1/372407This is about doing a mass update of the OS. I have followed all the gu...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Swiftdialog

I was planning to send a message to end user through Swiftdialog via a JAMF policy but it has to be after a specified time like after 50 mins or 80 mins. Any way is there? I cant see any such flag in Swiftdialog, if anyone knows about it please let m...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP or preload?

We have used LDAP enrollment for years, but im wondering if preload would be easier and save classroom time the first week of school. So I have a couple questions-1) With LDAP, it uses their Active directory usernames. But- does it actually just pull...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

inventory preload - Remove some data not all

Hello !I'm managing the inventory preload for our organization. I wanted to remove an entry as the computer is no more there. I select the entry then click the delete data button but it removed everything ! I then searched how I could remove only the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Device Compliance / Intune / Azure

Hi GuysI am struggling since multiple weeks with this new feature device compliance in jamf PRO und Azure Compliance.Everything is setted up like described here: https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/technical-paper-microsoft-intune-mobile-devices-current/pa...  View more

SCR-20230323-manc.png SCR-20230323-mbdx.png SCR-20230323-mcfh.png SCR-20230323-mhnn.png
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package was not successfully downloaded. -1200

Hello,I've noticed all of my package downloads are failing with error -1200. I checked the PKI cert, the Tomcat SSL cert, and the IIS cert (it's an on-prem windows server) and all are good. If we go directly to the link, we can download the file. It ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro logs to SEIM

Is it possible to push the Change Management Logs and Jamf Pro Access Logs to a SEIM like SumoLogic? We currently have a ComputerCheckIn webhook event that's set up to send data to SumoLogic but I don't see an option under the Webhook Event types for...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Teacher on Mac, distribution

Hello everyone,We starting to use/distribute Jamf Teacher. We don't have any problems with device at all. But when it comes to Macs the app gets installed but you can't use it. When starting it prompts for server adress, username and password as show...  View more

jonros_0-1679568566156.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

display log file in terminal window

Hey I want to achieve the following. If a certain local user logs in to open a terminal window and show the jamf.log file.What I have done so far create a policy. with the trigger Login that executes a script that looks the following #!/bin/bash# Che...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming Macbook with count up script

Hi JAMF Nation We're starting to use JAMF in our business and so far, everything is working smooth. We have a special namingconvention for our Windows notebooks and now also want to mirror this naming convention to our Macbooks - so they would start ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Mac Store App not Installing

We deploy a licensed Mac Store app through Jamf Pro. I had to send the device off for repair recently and so unenrolled it from Jamf Pro, and uninstalled the program. When I went to reenroll the device, the app will not install. There are no associat...  View more

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.23.32 PM.png Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.23.45 PM.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf self service to add user to Azure group

Hi All. I’ve tried searching but haven’t found any hits based on the search queries I’ve given, so i’ll try posting instead. I’ve been tasked with writing a script that can be run from a Jamf Self Service action to add users to a specific Azure AD gr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is "The key to include is Forced"?

Hello everyone, I am trying to configure Screen Saver Corners Are Secure -tr-corner ( https://www.tenable.com/audits/items/CIS_Apple_macOS_13.0_Ventura_v1.0.0_L2.audit:d8e594473ad878254160a22990e7bb3a) and for solution I can create a profile.But ther...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install apps on iPad - Device was busy. Will try again.

Hi,I try to install VPP apps on an iPad, but the following message appears: Device was busy. Will try again. It is the same with the automatic installation of the Self Service app. iPad : battery :more 90%unlocked, but temporary session onlyconnected...  View more

Capture d’écran 2023-03-22 à 16.15.43.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.45 - Release Notes Video

Customer Education is back again with our second Jamf Pro Release Notes video! Join us for an overview of some of the new features and enhancements that are available in Jamf Pro 10.45. We hope this new resource continues to provide additional detail...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Importing certificates to Java Home for Non Admins

Hey all,I just wanted to share something I have been working on. In my environment we have a lot of developers with many versions of Java installed. Of these users none of them are local admins. In an effort to cut down on the users reaching out on a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2.1

I am using AC2.1 to move an iPad to supervised state - I go through the migration, see the iPad in ABM and edit the MDM server to JAMF pro, as well as I see it in Prestage enrollment in the MDM as assigned, but on the actual iPad I get to the remote ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display Message (0.0.7) via swiftDialog

Leverage switftDialog and Jamf Pro Policy Script Parameters to easily display engaging end-user messagesIntroductionUsing Bart Reardon’s swiftDialog and Jamf Pro Policy Script Parameters, creating engaging end-user messages is easy.When you really wa...  View more

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.12.26 AM.png Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 6.51.15 PM.png Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 6.51.12 PM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone switched from Intune to Jamf on IOS ?

I am trying to force a switch from Intune to Jamf on IOS - on Macbooks etc we already use Jamf.Just wondering what other did to switch and with what reason.My overall opinion is that with Jamf and Apple you get 2 players that are close to eachother a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EDGE plist settings cannot be modified by user

I'm publishing an EDGE plist, that were created by iMazing Profile Editor. Defined the "RestoreOnStartupURLs" setting. Set to 4 (open a list of URLs). Additionally added the setting "RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled" = true. Problem is: The User can a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive steals focus from active windows

We're seeing a strange issue for a few weeks now.The active window starts to lose focus randomly, which is a bit hard to explain, but for example, while typing every 20 seconds the textfield greys out for 5 secs then it's active again, which makes it...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors