Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Roland Cloud Manager deployment

Has anyone had any success deploying Roland Cloud Manager software? The vendor doesn't have documented steps and I was investigating the best way to deploy the app and desired Instruments/libraries.Thanks!Lee Hoselton  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Thanks to all

Hello community,thank you all for your engagement and the time, you spent here to help me and others. I wish you all a Merry Christmas with your families and a happy, carefree 2023. This will be my last post so far, because we have decided to use a d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Last Inventory Update

Just looking to get some thoughts on what might be happening here. We have devices that were picked up by our e-recycler in 7/22. They send us a list of serial numbers they have and we then take them out of JAMF. However, a handful have updated inven...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 10.32.55 AM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook not accepting password, Google Workspace LDAP

Hello, We are using google workspace & all the MacBooks are connected to Google LDAP for Login. Recently I saw an issue where the device are not accepting the password. It simply reject the password even if its correct. Initially I found out that if ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API connection output error

nwresolverstartquerytimerblockinvoke[C1] Query fired: did not receive all answers in time for API ADDRESSShows the same error even while using HTTP or HTTPS.Error persists even after updating info.plist with the security settings of the app transport...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service Error

Hello,We have been having lot of iPads in our school district getting an error in self service that states " Error loading Content". We updated configuration for self service, updated self service and removed self service and added it back. Removing ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf and user information from google cloud

HiHelloI am looking for a solution to the problem of retrieving user information from google cloud.The problem is that I am connected to Cloud Identity Providers -> company name - mapping. I can perform a test and find people from my organization the...  View more

SzymonManiurski_0-1671462003884.png SzymonManiurski_1-1671462064608.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure Active Directory ID colums are empty

Hi All,I did integration between Intune with JAMF pro with could connect. Both sides the connections show as the active state. But mac machines "Machine Azure Active Directory ID" , "User Azure Active Directory ID" and "conditional access inventory s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf first enrollment fails on reimaged macbook

I have a test macbook that was enrolled into JAMF. I reimaged it via macOS Recovery, which installed a fresh new OS for Ventura. I thought maybe this was a Ventura issue, so I rolled back the OS to an earlier version (Big Sur) and the same issue occu...  View more

IMG_1988.JPG
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 Apple Silicon pkg installation failed

I've read through a few posts already, stating to compress the pkg as a zip first, then upload to JAMF, but I'm having the same issue. When I try to install the package directly on the machine, it works fine. But if I install it from JAMF via a polic...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Patch Management

Wondering if someone could help me with Patch Management on Jamf Pro on version 10.42.1, Currently I am associating InstallAssistant.pkg's for the version i want to update to in patch management, i.e. installpackage.pkg for 13.1 from MrMacintosh's we...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro AD CS Connector Setup

Trying to get Jamf Pro AD CS Connector working... keep seeing these the Jamf Pro logs. Does anyone know where problem is?2022-12-17 04:23:20,017 [ERROR] [na-exec-122] [dmControllerProcessorImpl] - Could not create MDMResponseAction, returning 5002022...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring iPads recently

This is more of a heads up post… after talking with Apple support today I have found that there is an emerging issue regarding USB-C to lightning cables, MacBooks, and restoring iPads. If you find yourself frustrated, restoring iPads with such a comb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows defender 365 no licence found

We are currently in the process of changing our antivirus software and deploying defender 365 on every mac in the office.The problem is that randomly on some macs there is a message that says: no licence foundIf anyone knows the solution or has exper...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro on Prem hardware

Is anybody here still running their JAMF pro instances on-prem? Our management is very anti moving things to the cloud.I am a super new Sys-admin for our Mac stuff and management has tasked me with researching what to replace our current hardware rel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe apps on Mobile Devices

Hey there, Does anyone have any experience with installing Adobe apps like Fresco, Reader, Photoshop, etc to a mobile device (iPad Pro)? I'm able to install other apps by adding them through VPP and scoping my device to them but with Adobe apps it do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Declarative Device Management

Can someone explain what "Declarative Device Management" is? All I can find are vague descriptions and I just don't understand what it is. With that, what's the deal with this failed command? DDM is not showing as being enabled on any of our devices....  View more

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 12.00.24 PM.png
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is wrong with forced OS Updates?!

I'm having a really hard time consistently getting forced updates to work through Jamf. I finally was able to get a upgrade via packaged policy to work yesterday but I'm not having a lot of success using the Software Update payload within the policy ...  View more

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 9.58.01 AM.png Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 10.45.47 AM.png Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 10.45.55 AM.png
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Inadvertent MacOS Upgrade

We had a really weird hiccup the other night - On the evening of the 13th I sent a command to our lab Macs to update to macOS 12.6.2. I did this as I've always done in the past - by going to their smart group, viewing it, clicking "Action," selecting...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erase-install question

I'm been running the script with success as long as the end user doesn't restart their mac before hand. I have a test mac on 12.3 and I deployed 12.6.2 via the script. I see in the logs that it selected 12.6.2, but the in the morning when I checked, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors