Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

iOS App Store Updates with App Store Restricted

Is there a way to push iOS App Store updates with the App Store restricted? Currently our users are on iOS 8.1 (with automatic app updates turned on) and we are running Casper 9.61. We are able to push out new apps fine. The App Store will appear for...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID for Students Batch Upload Error

Hey everyone, I'm getting an error when attempting to upload a batch of students into our Apple ID for Students portal. The error is: Unable to retrieve your institution details. Please contact your apple administrator. My first guess is that the stu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite: Outlook for Mac Exchange Setup Script

Does anyone use the Outlook for Mac Exchange Setup Script from talking moose with Yosemite?Version 4.5.2 - https://github.com/talkingmoose/Outlook-Exchange-Setup The dscl query dos not work, so it appear the Error: DSOpenDirServiceErr This is the scr...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Versions field not updated

Hi All! We recently initiated a rollout of Yosemite. Since then we have had a couple of machines where after an inventory update it still displays the OS version as 10.8.5. This machine is deffinitely on 10.10.0. For one of these machines I removed t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins November 2014 Meet Up

To All Sydney Mac (and iOS) Admins, Our next Meeting is scheduled for Thursday 20th of November. We have a booking at 6pm at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks. Any one who has an interest in managing OS X or iOS is very welcome t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus - Notify students to turn down iPad

We have been approached by a teacher inquiring if there is a way from Casper Focus to notify students when they need to turn their iPads down on their tables. There's times when a few kids are too much into using the iPad that they don't hear instruc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Radius Networks iBeacon and Yosemite

Just picked up a couple of their iBeacon USB adapters and got them configured using the app. I've put the iBeacons in our JSS. I created a computer policy specific to our test computer using the how to video on JAMF's YouTube page. I can't get the po...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems enrolling Yosemite

We are having issues enrolling Yosemite. It is a clean installation as if the computer was out of the box. So far none of these options have worked: -Local Enrollment via Recon app -QuickAdd Package made through Recon-User-Initiated EnrollmentWith Ma...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Upgrade not Working

Is anyone else running into an issue with Yosemite not being able to verify? I have tried to install using the instructions provided by JAMF and I have tried downloading it separately and running it. I have scrapped the download multiple times, check...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Classes

Since updating to 9.60 and then to 9.61 the number total for classes is missing. Is this supposed to be normal now? All of my classes are imported every morning from our SIS and it was very helpful to easily find out if all of the classes had been im...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Server addresses into a policy

Hello All, I once again turn to the JAMF Nation for some more guidance. So, on a mac when you hit command K, you can enter in the server address. Here's my question... is there a way to make this a policy and roll this out to end users? So everyone i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding Single Computer Status across multiple logs

Is there a way to filter across multiple logs to check the status on a certain computer across multiple policies? For example, I have many policies running and I want to quickly see what policies have completed, failed or have not yet completed on on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software - Multiple Warning Pop-ups

I'm running into an issue trying to pop up a warning message for the Yosemite installer: the message is triggered properly when the app launches, but a new warning dialog box is created every 10 seconds. They stack on top of each other and need to be...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding image to Self Service

This is my first post here on JAMF Nation Discussions so thank you in advance for looking at my post. Currently our self service is set up so you have to login to download anything. I wanted to create an image and put in place of the "No Self Service...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite

Anyone interested in talking about their Yosemite rollout. Breaking down all the settings files and whatnot. I would, but mine is not built yet, I am in the process, and would love to see anyone who has nailed it down. thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exporting Configuration Profile for use in the JSS

Hey guys...I've made a configuration profile using profile manager on OS X Server 3.2.1. I'm making it there so my 3rd party preference panes don't get greyed out with restrictions in configuration profiles as they do when made on the JSS directly. I...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Browser Version in Self Service Policy

We collect an extension attribute to display browser versions for Firefox, Chrome and Safari. I'd like to create a Self Service policy so users can determine their browser versions in a single pop-up window (either jamfhelper or Cocoa Dialog). Anybod...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF/Apple training needed in Philadelphia

We have 6 (or more) people in our teams who need to get JAMF training (CCT*/CCA/CCE/CJA) and Apple training (ACSP/ACTC) in the coming months. Currently JAMF offers Casper training in a bunch of different cities, unfortunately none are in the Philadel...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Require Password from Screen Saver Help

Good Morning, I am building out my Yosemite Workflow, and one of the issues I see is the "Require password after Sleep or Screen Saver" is on by default. I have it in my first run script after imaging, to disable this using the following command. def...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Capable User Field

I am not sure what this field is and what the contents mean. It is being populated with about every network user that log into the stations. Imaging a laptop does not clear so it is not based on current user accounts. So far there isn't a problem but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple expands Device Enrollment Program

So, will you start making use of it?! Now that it is available in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy,Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden,S...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Volume Free Space EA

The current Boot Volume Free Space EA on Jamfnation doesn't deal well with > 1 TB drives (the field it references uses a varying unit).How are these updated?I am using a variation on the script it contains. free=$(diskutil info / | awk '/Free Space/ ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors