Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

macOS Ventura

Hi All,I have just upgraded from Monterey to Ventura, has anyone seen where after the upgrade there is a list of items/app that was added to the "Login Item Settings"Is there a way to suppress these?  View more

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 19.36.34.png
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

PreStage Enrollment Mac Activation - Request timed out

Hello, When trying to activate a new Mac that was added to the PreStage Enrollment we get the following error : Mac Activation - The request timed out. Which ports needs to be opened in order to activate Mac for PreStage Enrollment on our Proxy?Would...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get AccountExpires from AD to Jamf Pro

Hi all,I am trying to create an Extension Attribute to get users Account Expiration date into Jamf.The end goal is to create a smart group of users that are expired and are due to hand in the client etc.Users on the Mac are local only, but in my head...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timely machine restart

Dear Community! I am having a hard time finding a solution for scheduled machine restarts. I have plenty of mac devices in my fleet and my users tend not to restart their machines once in a while so I wish to set a two week / 1 restart schedule for i...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with saving

Hi, for some time now my jamf Pro instance has had problems with saving. For example when I try to change scopes or really anything with policies it will just not save the changes when I click save. I have to try multiple times (up to six) so that th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restricted software actions

Has anyone found a way to trigger something other than a message when a Mac violates a restricted software policy? Is there a simple way to see how many times the same machine did that?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ventura Mass action software update command

Hi All hoping someone might be able to help. We have been struggling with pushing out OSX updates for sometime.It does appear Apple want to make this more difficult than it should be. I understand on Ventura, mass action software update commands will...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and Shared Devices

I am using shared iOS devices using Setup/Reset and Microsoft Authenticator.I would like to get one of the profiles the ability to delete and reinstall apps on demand due to the problem of app configs only being deployed as a part of app deployment.I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS Deferral

Hi,I need to block all Mac OS upgrades for 30 days. I followed the document below to build a new Configuration Profile to defer updates of Only major software updates.Deferring a macOS Update - Managing macOS Updates | JamfI cannot find anything that...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Security Connector iOS 16

I have been using Cisco Security Connector for iOS without issue for the past year. After updating to iOS 16, it is no longer filtering Safari. It does appear to be filtering system level web traffic, but Safari is bypassing the filter. Has anyone el...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dealing with pending policies that won't execute

Good afternoon,I am doing some research into why a small number of machines in our fleet were missing a specific product that should have been installed upon enrollment. I've determined a couple of things already but there are a number of endpoints t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with a config profile that shows cancelled

We have a restriction profile set and we're modifying the defer software updates, so users don't see any notifications. It's not deploying all devices, when you go to the log, at a certain point, the devices start saying it was cancelled and it won't...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Familiarity with setting up AJA in JAMF

I am working with a new graphics team trying to support AJA on a 2019 Mac Pro running Monterey. AJA does not seem to have great familiarity with a managed environment let alone Jamf. I have set up Approved system extentions for all of the known exten...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management

Hi,I've been trying to automate my package Management using AutoPKG but I could not find a solution to automate the Patch Management completely. I am using Title Editor for my patch definitions.However, I can not find a solution to automate the creat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO with Google Workspace and Secure LDAP Groups

Hi,my goal is to manage Jamf users in Google Workspace and not have to set up users in Jamf Cloud. For that, I have set up SAML SSO and the Google Secure LDAP Integration. Both separately work fine.Searching and matching users to groups via LDAP in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proofpoint Extension attribute

Jamfsters, am trying to setup an extension Attribute that will tell me if proofpoint is running on the system. After looking at the activity monitor is under logger (4599) I am new to scritpts can someone point me in the right direction?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pairing with no-supervision configured host

What does this setting in the configuration profile do? its under software restrictions. "Pairing with no-supervision configured host"I have a few ipads which are not functional, their mdm profile is so old that its red and it wont communicate with j...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Files and Processes Execute Command Permission Denied

Hello All,I am trying to get Cylance to install in a prestage enrollment and have been making slow progress thanks to all of you. Cylance requires the user to put in a token when installing. I have followed this post https://community.jamf.com/t5/jam...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading MacOS - Best Practices?

Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I'm just looking for a little guidance in what avenue to pursue for upgrading my fleet and keeping everyone on the same page moving forward. Jamf Pro seems to have a few different methods for doing this. Document...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Zoom drops - Zscaler related?

Has anyone had issues with Zoom infrequently disconnecting when Zscaler is running using wifi or lan?Zoom and Zscaler deployed via Jamf Pro. Currently both on latest release version and macs running Ventura. Issue also happened when the macs were run...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mozilla Firefox Auto Updater

Hello folks,how do you deal with Mozilla Firefox and the Auto Updater if the users are not local admins and cannot install the helper tool? is there a way like with google chrome?Cheers  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit existing config profiles

Hi all,I have 3 config profiles that are deployed to over 6K systems. I need to remove a duplicate entry under the systems extension payload..What's the best / easier way - Should I create a new one and slowly migrate over or just edit and re-deploy?...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preference Key Reader

A copy-pasta function to output all vendor preference keysBackgroundWhile implementing feedback from Søren Theilgaard, we needed an easy way to output every key / value pair from any vendor’s preference files, in either the user or system domain. # r...  View more

Preference Key Reader.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New To Nudge

Does anyone have Nudge experience? I would appreciate some help to get it set up. :)  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors