Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Work wants to replace Jamf Pro with Intune

We currently use LANDesk/Ivanti for Windows management, but they're moving towards Intune. With that, they want to have one MDM for all devices. In the meeting I was just in, I explained briefly that when we tried that years ago pre-Jamf it was an aw...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment failed - "different server url"

Have a Mac that's lost contact with Jamf...Trying to update the MDM profile with "sudo profiles renew -type enrollment" but end up with a "different server URL" error. (I guess the prestage changed)sudo jamf removemdmprofile didn't work - maybe becau...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to upgrade Tomcat Apache on JSS server?

Hello Team,The project I am currently working in, has got some vulnerabilities with installed Apache Tomcat into the JSS serverThe Apache Tomcat needs to be upgraded. Could you please guide with the instruction process of upgrading the Apache? Thanks...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Think-Cell Script help

Hey all, i was hoping to get some guidance on deploying Think-cell. I have the package from the vendor and i need to script a license key go along with it. The vendor has the instructions here: How to deploy think-cell in a larger company :: think-ce...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovering deleted Procreate app data files

Hello! I accidentally modified the Scope on my installation of Procreate, and by the time I fixed it, the app had been uninstalled and re-installed. The new installation works fine, but all of the saved app files (".procreate" art project files) are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eliminating Local Administrator

We'd like to remove having a local administrator account on our computers but I'm wondering how you might've addressed the issue of SSH/Remote Management/Screen Sharing access in your environments. The obvious answer seems to be a policy to create a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstike Falcon ventura

Hi All,Has anyone come across Crowdstrike Falcon failing to install on macOS Ventura? I have downloaded v6.44 from the Crowdstrike console and when trying to install it manually on my systems it fails.. It also fails on v.645. ThanksRob  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy does not work at recurring check in

But the policy will work if I run it from self service or if I issue the sudo jamf policy command at terminal. All my policy is running one command "kdestroy -a". Regardless of where it runs from it does not report any errors but when the command is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

logout.html

I'm sick of JAMF timing out and already upvoted the feature request for adding a session timeout...My issue is that the logout takes me to a page (https://mydomain.biz:8443/logout.html) and I have to goto the address bar, remove the logout.html and h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

News mac studio machine build

I have been trying to setup a new Mac Studio and i am getting a Login but will not let me continue i have tried different user and password combinations nothing working i have even tried deleting from Jamf Cloud and readding to cloud nothing changed....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check-in succeeds, inventory fails: "An unknown error"

Look for some strings to pull at with a few machines that regularly check-in but never update inventory.If we re-enroll them they'll update inventory on enrollment but never automatically after. Occasionally we can run sudo jamf recon but eventually ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy an alias to every desktop

Hey all!I'd like to have an alias that points to Self Service available on the desktop of all Macs across our fleet. I guess there are several ways of doing this. Just looking to get some ideas on what a quick and easy method would be.Thanks!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

New laptop can't connect to our JAMF servers

Hi there, Whenever we order a new batch of laptops and we turn them on with hardwired internet, it doesn't go to the Remote Management screen. It goes from Accessibility to Migration assistant, essentially allowing someone to create a local account. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Send mail to smart group ?

Can not find much on this, but hoping to find a way to send email to the assigned user of a client, as soon this client becomes part of a specific smart group.The user assigned to the device is in jamf Pro, so should somehow be possible. Wondering if...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Low Power Mode

We are a K12 private school. Our high school and middle school students are all using iPads to complete their schoolwork. Lately, we've had students come into our tech office that is having trouble taking and/or submitting tests. It turns out that qu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to push iOS updates to devices

Hello,Has anyone followed the following guide on creating a iOS update group and then pushing out the update? https://docs.jamf.com/best-practice-workflows/jamf-pro/managing-ios-updates/Updating_iOS.htmlHow was your experience? Did it work? Did you r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service failures - Device Signature Error

Been noticing that Self Service has been failing and saw this in /var/log/jamf.logDevice Signature Error - A valid device signature is required to perform the operation.I'm not seeing any expired certificates anywhere, in fact they were just renewed ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best methods to search for the existence of a file

Good morning,I am wondering if anyone has any tried and true method for searching for the existence of a file on a specified scope of machines? We are being asked to look for a specific file that would determine if a certain add-on pack is installed ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Deploy Policy Setting"

I'm reviewing our Jamf user settings and permissions and I see something I never noticed before: "Deploy Policy" and "Deploy Policy Settings" After granting myself full access to those, I logged out and back in again, I searched the interface and can...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 365 Updates - MAU Not reporting update

Deploying O365 with full pkg inc Teams.Auto update via config profile. Looking at https://macadmins.software/ I can see what the version numbers are, along with tracking in JAMF via Patch Man. Both MacAdmins and JAMF show Teams as version 1.5.00.2855...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors