Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Applescript at Reboot problem

We have a script set up in Applescript for user creation, drive mapping and program installs for post config but it won't kick off from Casper. I've set it for "on reboot" and still nothing. Privileges all seem fine on it, if I create a shell script ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set local machine password policies?

Has anyone setup JSS to deploy password policies to local machines? First the basic stuff like "Must have letters and numbers, must be X length", then (and I'm not sure if any of this is even remotely possible) secondarily more complicated policies l...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mouse right click on iMacs

I have a lab of iMacs where mouse right click isn't enabled. When I go to system preferences I can see that both left and right side of the mouse are set to primary. Using composer, I created a DMG (using new and modified snapshot) option to get the ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Distribution Point for Pre-Stage?

Hey all my fellow JAMFers, Just curious if it is possible to set a local distribution point for a Pre-Stage on computers that will be imaged on network? or if you can somehow copy the autorun settings to my local DP and have machines use it i.e. If I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging overload?

We're in the process of attempting to image sets of 31 new 2013 iMac's in school labs all across our district and we're running into a ton of grief.. Has anyone out there experienced problems imaging too many systems at once? When we NetBoot all 31 i...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC Full Suite Distribution

I have used the Creative Cloud Packager to create a package to install the entire CC Suite. I am attempting an installation (stand alone, not through the suite) and It says it's going to take 26 hours to install and growing... I've done this once bef...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy for a Specific User Group from AD Server

Hello all,I'm missing the possibility to create a Policy for a Specific User Group (Assign to Specific User Groups - Add User Groups - Lookup Groups) from the Active Directory Server like in Version 8.7. The binding to the AD Server is configured and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable iPad Restrictions form JSS

I was able to create a profile with the desired iPAD restrictions, but the profile does not ENABLE restrictions. I am having to manually enable restrictions on the iPAD. One restrictions are manually enabled, I then see the profile settings I configu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic iPad User Assigment

Is there a way to automate the assignment of iOS devices to AD Users? Can I import a csv file with the the iPad serial numbers and AD username for each device? Thank you.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to JAMF...What method do you guys use for imaging?

Hey Everybody, We are new to JAMF and have been using DeployStudio for imaging which used a slimmed down OS NetBoot Image and/or the same image on a flash drive, but with our move to JAMF we are wondering what method you guys are using for imaging yo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Root User Suddenly Not Working

Last week we updated our JSS from 8.62 to 8.71. Since then, any Macs we image (Casper Imaging) fail to have the root account enabled. Enabling root as part of a configuration has been working for the past year or more. We use the command: /usr/sbin/d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute: Computer Names Matching AD Objects

Hey all basically made a script for people with OCD like me who like the Sharing Names to match the AD Object Name. The first script I will post is just for reporting. Ill post another script that will fix any computers with mismatches. Essentially, ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute: Computer Names Matching AD Objects

Hey all basically made a script for people with OCD like me who like the Sharing Names to match the AD Object Name. The first script I will post is just for reporting. Ill post another script that will fix any computers with mismatches. Essentially, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Compliance reporting

I am not sure if this has been asked as a feature request or not but is there a way to create a baseline (OS, app versions, policies etc other than smart computer groups) and then run a compliance report against it? Being able to do compliance report...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a "mother of all images"?

A couple of years back i was told that if you make a base image on the best and newest Mac you have, it basically covers all hardware back then. It was true. I made a 10.6.8 that i kept updating now and then from an iMac (if i remember correct) and t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger policy when login window is up?

Is there a way to have a policy triggered when a computer is at the login screen? This is not to be confused by the login/logout trigger. Basically I would like to have a policy check to see if the computer is at the Login screen and if so, to run a ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute script execution

I cannot find the documentation on when exactly extension attribute (by script) are executed. I don't see a way to control it so I am wondering what triggers these scripts? I have one I would like to run on a timed interval. It is not that important,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas Area User Group Meet Up

Sorry for the delay in getting the group together again, but I wanted to wait until after school started since we have so many EDU folks in the area. We are set to meet on Thursday 9/12 at 6:30 pm at Kinetic Technology Group. Check the User Groups se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels DT 8 Won't install via TMI

I'm deploying 50 laptops with parallels for a customer. I built the deployment package and added our enterprise license. Tested the package and it works fine. However, when I deploy the same package via Target Mode Imaging (TMI) Parallels, and only P...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Names on Server Volumes

This question is not JAMF related. It is targeted toward anyone that can provide more information about a problem that I find little information about, but can cause big issues; file names. EnvironmentWe have about 600 Macs working in a publishing sy...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

storage solutions -- your opinions please

Hello all, I am fairly new into the world of Jamf, and currently running off of some XServer hardware for the NBI & JSS, however distro point is coming from SMB shares on windows 2012. About half of the time my imaging fails to complete because of an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors