Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

When using fstab...

When using fstab and mounting a second partition as /Users/ do you guys get the icons still in finder? On the desktop and finder side window? external image link external image link  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player Question

Hi All, I need to know when new update for flash player (Miner) available for install from Adobe. Does it uninstall the previous version of Adobe Flash Player and install available version?Or does it overwrite the update to the previous version? Rega...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profile - Mounting SMB Share @ Login -

Hi I'm a new user to the JSS/Casper and im having a little difficulty in getting an smb mount to mount during login. We are an AD environment our mac image we are rolling out is 10.8.2. Our jamf server is running on a windows box and is currently ver...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Updates Help

Fellow JAMFers, I am looking for best practices or creative solutions for updating Java through a policy. I was able to get my smart group created, but unfortunately when I manually run the policy to my test group, I am met with the following return ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Techtool Pro?

Was just informed that we have purchased numerous licenses, and I'm supposed to evaluate & prepare training materials for our staff. I'm aware of the program, but have never had cause to use it. Anyone have experiences with TTP to pass along?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable LDAP Server without erasing

Anyone know if you can disable an LDAP serve without erasing it? I have a server that appears to no longer be needed, but I would want to disable it rather than totally erase it. Anybody else ever have this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing 802.1x profile at imaging time

Hey all, We're moving our wireless security over to certificate-based 802.1x authentication. On our Macs and iPads that are already enrolled in the JSS, this was as easy as pushing out a Configuration Profile with the certificates. This doesn't help ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually setting the brightness of a Mac screen

Hi All, I have a interesting issue where we have to set and keep the brightness setting of a set of photography iMac's. I have to set the luminance of the screen to 120 so as to make the iMac's confirm to some working ISO standard for photographers, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profile per payload

Wondering what people's preferences are on Configuration Profiles. I am looking at either creating a profile per payload such as a profile just for wireless settings, but I also thought about doing it all in one. What is the common preference on this...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing Record Info to Scripts?

Disclaimer: I've only spent about 30 minutes researching this before posting, but I haven't seen it covered yet. I would like to have a client run a script and pass in fields from it's computer record. For example, I am managing a lab and I have an e...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM profile installation failed

just installed JSS to manage our iOS devices, I get this error when I try to install the MDM profile, the server certificate for invitation=14336..................... is invalid.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Healng Help

I'm trying to configure self healing and can't get it to work.I have a policy that installs .conf files along with running some scripts to enable and configure SNMP on my Mac 10.6 clients.We have an issue where when we upgrade from 10.6 to 10.7 the c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App plists

What is the best way to deploy application preferences? I am currently using Configuration Profiles to manage my 10.7.X Mac. I am looking to beable to deploy setting for Microsoft Office, Firefox, Reader and others like that to 10.7.X Macs.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS question

Hi all,I have just started to test NetSUS appliance and it works great performance wise. But I have couple of issues so far.I don't think NetSUS has showing Mac OS X Updates for 10.7 and 10.8 and I am not sure issue is related to this... Also I can o...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Duplicates in Inventory JSS 8.62

Hi folks,sorry for my stupid English i have a problem, my Server is JSS 8.62 when i Inventory with Recon 8.62 he shows my Applications sometimes double or even triple. For example: Firefox Version 16.0.2, Firefox 3.0.14 in /Applications/Firefox.appis...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image to use for giving away machines.

Whats the best way to build a deployable image that prompts the user for account creation on first boot ala Apple. It must me non managed as well. This should basically be an image that is deployed that performs like a new machine.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount DFS Share under 10.7 and above

I'm trying to mount a users Active Directory home drive and DFS share's when a user logs into Lion or Mountain Lion. The home drive mapping was easy to do. A simple change in the Directory Utility "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT-Adobe Creative Cloud Team Ready... Do I bother?

Hi guys My colleague and myself aregoing to an event in December about Adobe Creative Cloud. From what I gather for an enterprise, sales peeps are going to try and sell me Creative Cloud Team Ready. Its for existing TLP customers (were clp!!!) To ins...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting/Searching on Configuration Profiles

Hi, We're looking to push out Wifi settings via Configuration Profiles to 10.7 and above machines. In testing and pilot this is working well. When we go live to the rest of the campus we'd like to be able to search/report on devices which do and don'...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting .app

Is there anyway I can restrict or block all applications using the restricted software option in Casper and then create a list of allowed or exempted software? I work at a school and I'm looking for a way to block kids from playing games or having so...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of Profiles on iOS devices

I know it is possible to add, but I am unsure about removal. Does anyone know if using Casper you can remove an iOS config profile from an iPad? The profile I am concerned with was added by configurator, but needs to be changed slightly (it is a Wi-W...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors