Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

NetIQ Access Manager and Enrollment of iOS devices

I've been given the task of trying to implement remote enrollment of iOS devices outside of our network. Our Systems manager suggested we use the existing NetIQ Access Manager to securely implement this as the alternative is putting a hole in our fir...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verdiem Surveyor, Anyone?

As part of a green initiative, My company has asked me to take a look at a product called Verdiem Surveyor, which handles power management across all devices in an enterprise. I had not heard of them before, but they do have a Mac client, and they in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt display doesn't show serial number

Hello. I collect display serials via an extension attribute. Recently I was looking for a display serial number and noticed that the serial number of the attached thunderbolt display was not showing in the extension attribute. So I ssh'd into the mac...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS or MySQL error

I originally posted about having issues with response times on 10/31/12 but didn't get anywhere. Here I am late May still with the same issue and it seems to only be getting worse. I'm using Casper Suite 8.7 on Mac OS 10.6.8, Xserve (Late 2006) Here ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion Apple ID and iCloud Prompt at Login

I know this is old hat, but we are just now deploying 1200 new Mac Mini student computers and the teachers are pretty tired of having to explain to skip the Apple ID and start using the Mac prompts. I'd like to get rid of this setup window at first l...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile to Enable Screen Sharing?

Hello,We are getting ready to configure ~60 Mac Minis for use on our iPad carts. As part of the imaging we want to enable Screen Sharing, so that the person in charge of these carts can remote in to administer them. I'm not seeing a Configuration Pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Startup Disk via Self Service

Hi. We have a Policy in place that allow the people to verify there Startup Disk.Is there anyway to provide feedback about this to the user after the policy run? We are using the Checkbox under Advanced in our Policy that is provided by Jamf to "Veri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup file specified in options is no longer available

Whil i am trying to supervise the iPads i am getting error "Backup file specified in options is no longer available". Actually these devices were supervised before but students Erased everything on the iPad so the Supervised profiles were also erased...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditional Package

I apologize if this question has been answered on another article but i haven't seen anything like it. I want to know if it's possible to make a conditional software package in self service. Example: I want to build a single Summer Update package tha...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x -319 error

Installing 802.1x profiles on a newly imaged 10.8.3 Mac is normally trouble-free. However, when attempting to renew an 802.1x certificate, I often get the following error: profiles install for file:'mac.mobileconfig' and user:'(null)' returned -319 (...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Trigger - At App Launch?

We're (FINALLY) moving towards a larger picture plan with our Mac workstations, and allowing local mail applications to run on our Macs as opposed to a Citrix session. Our security team wants to display a pop up message at launch of MS Outlook (the c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Binding in Inventory

A client of mine would like to find out which of his client machines is bound to which OpenDirectory Server. Is someone in possession of an Extension Attribute to get this information from the client machine?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 and password?

I'm currently testing out FileVault 2 on one of my test machines and so far it's pretty straight forward. But there's something I can't understand or get my head around. When I use the private recovery key to unlock a drive it prompts me to create a ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Continuous integration - Jenkins?

It sounds like if you setup Munki with a Jenkins CI server you can get some pretty cool auto-packaging and deployment done. Has anyone gotten this to work with the Casper suite? Figured I'd poll the nation before I gave it the ol' college try...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Apps After Mountain Lion Upgrade?

Hello, We are looking at the process for upgrading our Lion MacBook Airs to Mountain Lion and have run into a situation where an application needs to get installed right after the Mountain Lion upgrade for logins to work properly. Is there a way to q...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs are finally first class citizens!!!!

I just had to make a post bragging a little. After almost 5 years of begging, pleading, blood, sweat, tears, and long nights of banging my head against the desk IT Management has finally acknowledged the need to start handling Mac purchases and offer...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 excel spell checker

So we've been deploying office 2011, with a slightly repackaged version that incl SP3 back in March. It just came to my attention that Excel's Spell Checker errors out ("Cannot initialize spelling checker.") when you try to use...the only customizati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors