Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quick Self Service Install Scoping Question

Getting ramped up with our initial Self Service setup. Want to prevent users who already have X software from seeing X software's installer in Self Service. Is the only way to do this to setup unique smart groups for each and ever preinstalled softwa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Class 3 Certificates

I'm finding a lot of problems with our MAS saying it can't connect to the app store. When I run a softwareupdate -l I get the NUURLDomainError -1012 error. The only thing I've found to resolve it is to go into Keychain Access and set all Class 3 Cert...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PaperCut LoginHook not starting

After having installed and turned on the login hooks option on the JSS I discovered that the PaperCut Client PCClient.app is not starting automatically - consequently the students aren't able to print. Has anybody found a solution for this and is kin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service asking for admin user authentication

I'm using Self Service to install a few things, and I've made sure the setting in Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Self Service are setup to "End users do not need to authenticate locally to install Self Service Items" Most package...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat freezes at same time everyday

I'm trying to figure out why Tomcat goes on the fritz everyday shortly before 10:00 AM. I have the backups happen 12 hours before hand, there is no purging of logs right now due to compliance and I'm looking into moving them out of the server and hop...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Scoping

I am new to self service and experimenting with it. I cannot seem to figure out how to scope the delivery of the self service app to just certain machines in the JSS. Is there a way to do this? I can see how to scope the policies but I don't want all...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Scripts not working from 10.7 to 10.8

I used the mountNetworkShare.sh script from the Resource kit and modified it a bit to work for my 10.7 clients as a login policy. It pulls in the username, share (defined in the policy), and volume name (defined in the policy) to make a folder in the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default PKGs settings for all users?

Good morning/afternoon everyone, I have been begun to fill our casper repository with all sorts of software but I am still unclear on the correct way to make the packages custom settings(.plists, custom settings, etc) default for all users when the m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad upgrade best practices with using iCloud

I have recently discovered that there are some best practices that may need to be followed in situations that involve upgrading iPads with iCloud. Going from an iPad 1 to an iPad 3 requires that both have iOS 5.x if users are going to be utilizing iC...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile and SUS setting

I'm managing Configuration Profiles using the JSS on clients running 10.7.5. The profile is installing and displaying properly. The setting for the local SUS is not, however, being applied. I can set the SUS via command line without a problem. Is the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Conference Adobe Presentation- Feedback

Hi Everybody, Those who attended the Jamf User Conference just gone. Did you catch the Presentation Jody Rodgers done about Self Service and CCM ? If so would you be so kind as to let me know what you thought , what you think would / would not work i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 Package and Extension Manager

Has anyone figured out how to stop Adobe Extension Manager from opening at the end of an install for Adobe CS6 created with AAMEE? I've seen this problem mentioned in a couple of places but no solutions have been offered. I tried skipping the 6.0.4 u...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Explorer X Packaging Advice please

Hi there, I'm testing Font Explorer X currently with a server-client configuration. Does anyone here have experience with packaging the client and if so how you would go about it ? I'd be interested to hear any advice for both a imaging scenario and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos TGT and single sign on

ive been looking at these http://emeadeployment.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/107-and-108-clients-do-not-generate.html http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5385 Below Works fine Find the line: auth optional pam_krb5.so use_first_pass use_kcminit Add the key "defau...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script runs from secondary server, but not from master

I have "borrowed" my first script, thanks Rob, and started to learn how to do things the easy way. This script counts the number of cycles on the battery. My issue is that the script runs on MBPs that are on network segments pointing to a secondary s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

mysql CPU usage

I've noticed on my JSS in Activity Monitor that the process "mysqld" runs as if it's using 130-140% of the CPU sometimes. During that time policies do not run, Self Service takes forever to load, and the JSS web interface is incredibly slow. I am ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exporting configuration profiles

For reasons beyond of my control push connectivity is not permitted in our organization, so I cannot enable configuration profiles from my apple server. I was able to manually configure JAMF to enable configuration profiles but I would like the abili...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 1.2.1

There's been some discussion about the lack of functionality in Apple Configurator 1.2. I was doing some testing this morning and 1.2.1 is now available in the app store. I'm not done with my testing but there have been quite a few issues I was fight...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Trigger Ideas?

I want a policy to trigger when a user logs in to a machine for the first time (imagine a new user getting a new computer). I don't want the policy to ever trigger on machines that are already existing in the JSS, only a machine that has been recentl...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic iPad enrollement in Casper from configurator

Hi I have been looking to many post... and trying many things... looks like i can get something to work... We have Casper Suite since a month... and here's what i want... We have a Cart with iPad.... they will be managed from a laptop on the Cart, no...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors