Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

AD Binding-Failing During Imaging Only

Using the built-in AD binding in the JSS, imaged machines are failing to bind. Once restarted, we can use the same credentials to bind successfully through Directory Utility. Here is what we get in the console log: Mon Dec 10 15:12:14 cr-imac102874 j...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

setregproptool versions

Ok, long story short, we have an SMC problem with a bunch of our computers. The Apple engineer I'm working with seems pretty convinced that it's because we used the "wrong" version of setregproptool to set a firmware password on the machines. He says...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 with AD users

I recently saw Rich Trouton's presentation on FileVault 2 deployment from JAMF National Users Conference, and have been working on a deployment method that can be used for my enterprise. The issue is that we are also in the process of moving our mach...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

surpress iMessage setup in messages app

I have been scratching my head on this one for a while now. We are getting ready to deploy Mountain Lion, and a lot of our users use jabber in iChat in Lion that they will need to use in messages as well. I created a configuration profile to create t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS connection timed out

We have seen this time out issue recently. We couldn't connect to JSS via Casper Admin or Casper Imaging app for few hours and it gave this error message "Connection timed out while connecting to https://mycompanyjss:8443, Check your network connecti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin Account Creation (Without Casper) using Script.

I have created a local admin account using below given script and its working fine for me. #!/bin/sh#Creating a new user.dscl . -create /Users/test6#Setting users default shell.dscl . -create /Users/test6 UserShell /bin/bash#Setting up users Full Nam...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Issue

I'm having an issue with netbooting to a server on the other side of the world. An IP helper was put in place so another site could get to the netboot server. I don't think the issue is latency, as pings between the netboot server and the site where ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon opening very slow, DNS

This morning when opening Recon it was awfully slow, ridiculously slow actually, I thought it had crashed. Then I remembered we are on a new domain. Made sure the "Search domain" in System Prefs > Network > Advanced > DNS was set to the new domain. R...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Servicing a FileVault 2 MacBook

So we've just hit our first snag since implementing FileVault 2 on our new Teacher MacBooks. How the heck do we service them without the user's password? We have some data to copy over for a Teacher but don't have her account info, she's unavailable....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

multiple packages

hi guys I have 3 pkgs in a folder and i wondered if it is possible to install them via the command line with a for statement. does anyone know if this is possible and how to do this? Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can you set a "preferred" SSID on an iPad?

We have a brand new JAMF environment with only 40 clients. We will ultimately have about 1000 iPads on the network. Our thoughts on how to roll out a new client (we are only using iPads at this point) is to get the iPad on our temporary SSID (as the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper experience in India

For those of you who operate globally, what has your experience been with finding individuals in India that can assume a 'Casper Administrator/Engineer' position, interfacing with US clientele? Trying to gauge how rare that might be?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Direct SQL Queries—what primary keys to use?

Disappointed with the built in reporting (specifically the inability to query installed applications against a single group), I thought the way around this would be some direct SQL queries joining the tables relating to computer group memberships, co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Background

Hi All, I've been asked to set the desktop background ONCE on all clients (10.6 - 10.8). These are AD users, so no MCX due to https://my.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4953.. I'd also like it set for both the Mac's screen & external display (whe...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Antivirus 2012

Any thoughts / experience with corporate enterprise Antivirus solution on the Mac these days: I see good things from Intego Virus Barrier and can be deployed / managed from the JSS? We currently have Sophos (does not look that good), but I am sure it...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disappearing Profiles Lion Computers

So I just started seeing computers that previously had many profiles installed just showing the MDM profile. Casper thinks all the other profiles are still installed however they are not shown in pending or on the client computer.Anyone else seeing t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Plugin bundles

Hey all, I was curious to know what other casper admins are using the plug-ins feature for? Currently we use it for easy access to our wiki, links to share point, and some helpful apple resources for new users. I noticed there was an ability to add a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete SWF files script

Hello,We have many students playing SWF games on their desktops and in their documents is there any way I can put a script out that searches for this and deletes the files? Thanks!Nicholas  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Install Failing

JSS v8.62 on Linux We've been using prestage imaging quite successfully for the last six months, until today. Now for some reason I have not been able to find, the autorun part of the imaging process is not working. The process goes like this:Fresh m...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packing individual Adobe applications

We purchased educational volume license of CS6 Design Premium. We used AAMEE 2.1 to create separate installation packages for each application, because most students only need 1 or 2 applications, not the entire suite. We then put the packages on sel...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to 10.7 or 10.8?

We are still on 10.6.8 and I plan on upgrading everyone to a new OS next year. Should I just upgrade to 10.7 or skip to 10.8? Or does it depend or hardware?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors