Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Purge memory?

In a discussion someone mentioned they use purge memory in self service. Unfortunately I can't find the discussion. If it you please can you tell me how you did it? I cant see options in self service so I take it you must have a custom script Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flushing Caches Best Practices

Hello, I have a topic regarding Casper maintenance options and could use the community’s assistance. Recently at Extensis we’ve encountered customers who have chosen to run the “Flush (User and System) Caches” on their machines at startup but are not...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Networked Account UID Issue

Ok, so here's the long and short of an issue that's beginning to creep into our setup. Last year we were on 10.6.8 server and clients. We had roughly 600 machines in use and all users were networked with Mobile Home Syncing occurring. In the last 2-3...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaged machines not enrolling

[JSS 8.62, Imaging 8.62, OS X 10.8.2 from a 13" Retina MBP] The punchline is that I'm getting a machine that won't enroll after imaging. Here are the details: I'm imaging a 13" Retina from behind a Thunderbolt Display (registered as a Removable MAC) ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Client Proxy setup Using MCX

I want to check the function.Somehow IT can disable proxies setup for student's laptop using Casper suite.Because many students bypass our webfilter using web proxy server.Can you give me some idea how to solve this issue?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife 11 not updating in my 10.8.2 image

Huge problem discovered yesterday. I found out my iLife 11 series, is not getting updated on the 10.8.2 image I've created. Specifically iPhoto, it's stuck at 9.3.2. When I attempt to manually update, the updater says 9.1 is required. When I manually...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy execution based on network segments

I am looking to create a policy that will run with 2 options. One option will run if the device is within a specified network segment in Casper and if not found in a network segment then the other option will work. Background:We have a content filter...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of framework breaks OSX WGM

We have had OSX WGM managing preferences for the computers for a while very successfully. The installation of JAMF broke the setup. When the RemoveFramework script was activated all JAMF software was removed but the clients are not responding to WGM ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf flushPolicyHistory for specific policy?

Is it possible to flush the policy history of a particular policy from the client? Something like [code]jamf flushPolicyHistory -id 217[/code] ? Just wondering, and thinking it might be handy when testing...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging adobe reader 11, plugins ONLY

Hey everyone, Any way to package the adobe reader 11 plugins for Safari only? I don't want to have to rely on Reader.app or Acrobat Pro.app to be installed on the Mac. SO far I haven't had any luck with this. TIA!Andrew  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to push Apple Software full URL?

I'm having a problem with Casper's built in Software Update Server setup. I want clients to use the full URL pointing directly to the catalog of our software update server (http://software.server.edu:8088/index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding-Failing During Imaging Only

Using the built-in AD binding in the JSS, imaged machines are failing to bind. Once restarted, we can use the same credentials to bind successfully through Directory Utility. Here is what we get in the console log: Mon Dec 10 15:12:14 cr-imac102874 j...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

setregproptool versions

Ok, long story short, we have an SMC problem with a bunch of our computers. The Apple engineer I'm working with seems pretty convinced that it's because we used the "wrong" version of setregproptool to set a firmware password on the machines. He says...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 with AD users

I recently saw Rich Trouton's presentation on FileVault 2 deployment from JAMF National Users Conference, and have been working on a deployment method that can be used for my enterprise. The issue is that we are also in the process of moving our mach...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

surpress iMessage setup in messages app

I have been scratching my head on this one for a while now. We are getting ready to deploy Mountain Lion, and a lot of our users use jabber in iChat in Lion that they will need to use in messages as well. I created a configuration profile to create t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS connection timed out

We have seen this time out issue recently. We couldn't connect to JSS via Casper Admin or Casper Imaging app for few hours and it gave this error message "Connection timed out while connecting to https://mycompanyjss:8443, Check your network connecti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin Account Creation (Without Casper) using Script.

I have created a local admin account using below given script and its working fine for me. #!/bin/sh#Creating a new user.dscl . -create /Users/test6#Setting users default shell.dscl . -create /Users/test6 UserShell /bin/bash#Setting up users Full Nam...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Issue

I'm having an issue with netbooting to a server on the other side of the world. An IP helper was put in place so another site could get to the netboot server. I don't think the issue is latency, as pings between the netboot server and the site where ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors