Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

QuickAdd enrollment failure

Trying to enrol laptops with the QuickAdd.pkg we are getting this error even when using the terminal command to install the package. FHSALZ1500:~ hitadmin$ sudo installer -pkg ~/Downloads/QuickAdd.pkg -tgt / -verboseRinstaller: Package name is QuickA...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loop script question

We have a loop that works fine for user jdoe or bsmith... for u in $over500 ; do if [ -e /Users/"$u"/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Word.plist ]; then log "com.company.plist for "$u" exists, setting backward compatibility..." defaults write /Users...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happens when the Apple Configurator Certs Expire?

So I was looking at some iPads I deployed sometime ago using Apple Configurator. Last summer I brough them all in (about 220 units,) wiped them, used configurator to install iOS 5.1, all supervised, and named according to the Teacher they were given ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regarding updates

I have a questions regarding updates and admin accounts. I work as an IT-technician in a Mac environment and our users have admin accounts to their clients because it takes to much time for us on the IT-department to run around to all the users and u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service refresh/home via command line.

Is there a command line equivalent of clicking the home button in self service? We have our apps in self service scoped to smart groups to only appear if they don't have them already. However after a users installs an app it still shows as available ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service refresh/home via command line.

Is there a command line equivalent of clicking the home button in self service? We have our apps in self service scoped to smart groups to only appear if they don't have them already. However after a users installs an app it still shows as available ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

VMware Fusion 5

Does anyone have a successful script that imports a prebuilt VM into Fusion While keeping the list of vm's that are currently in vmware.? The deploy documents from vmware don't work and the jamf ones don't talk about this.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfAgent missing after fresh install????

I really hope someone can help me. we ran the removeFramework opetion, rebooted and ran the quickadd package we are getting this error on the system.log May 16 13:38:09 COMPUTER com.apple.launchd.peruser.69211[626] (com.jamfsoftware.jamf.agent): Thro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall and reinstall a Trend Micro for Mac

Hello,I had a master image with Trend Micro applied. I now found out that the software is dependant on the OS and cannot be part of an image file. I have a mpkg file for uninstall and reinstall. Is there a way to execute these items to uninstall and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB Share limitation (if it exists)....

I'm having a little problem replicating some Adobe Installer pkgs to a Linux Ubuntu Server I recently configured as a Distribution Server. The server has 60Gb of free space. It shows up in Casper Admin, every other pkg and dmg (including the MacOS.dm...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for more Information regarding SWID

Hey All, I'm interesting in knowing a bit more about SWID and how I can best utilize it to track software licensing. I reviewed the following discussion (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4528) but I'd still like to know a bit mo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Account Restrictions

A little background:We have begun deploying iPad minis to our stores for use with an ordering app we wrote. We have run into an issue with a number of our store managers picking these devices up and trying to put their email and such on there. The pr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Self service Items

Setting up self service, I seem to missing something. Adding an item for self service including an icon, no items can be seen either on the web site or via the client app.The web site shows this error: "No Self Service Items are availableNo Authoriza...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application usage - deleting unused applications

I would like to be able to cut down on licensing costs by tracking which applications are installed but not used. My thought was to create a few smart groups for a few apps that would populate if the app hasn't been launched in 90 days, and then crea...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for AD info

Do anyone know of a command that I can use to find the computer account of a bound mac to AD I use this sudo dsconfigad -show but would like make a Extension Attribute to only show computer account.  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to revert effect of "-secureSSH"?

Is there a way to remove an ACL created by -secureSSH (using jamf createAccount command)? We are working on a project where we are being asked to create a local hidden admin account with ACL to lock down SSH. The final part of the project will be to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable LAN auto 802.1x

Is there a way to disable the auto checked "Enable Automatic Connection" 802.1x pref for LAN in 10.7/10.8, either through policy or script?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API for dummies??

Anyone got a good dummies guide for the JSS API (or REST). I want to query a devices assigned peripheral. (We have some software that is licensed to the macs induvidually.. So I'd like to add the license as a peripheral & then query the JSS for it).  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging OSX

I am building a image of 10.7 and was wondering if anyone had installed the Quickadd image in there package. I am also going to be installing some other apps for example ms office.  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking application on 10.8.3 Firewall

Hi.We provide some applications through Self Service where we want to deny the traffic for it on the systems firewall. We tried the following to block the application sudo /usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --add /Applications/APP.appApp...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors