Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Chrome x86 games and extensions

Anyway to stop extensions in Chrome? Based on their wiki http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/trunk/permissions.html#types extensions can't be blocked? Am i right? How are others out there blocking the x86 game execution in chrome.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas for a "break open glass" USB drive

So we're thinking how a mobile user would get back into the company if their company-issued laptop were stolen or damaged. We thought a "break open glass" USB thumb drive that would be included with each machine may be a good idea. They'd have this t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas for locking out usb ports for keys and drives

Head of security has asked me to investigate whether its possible to restrict the use of usb keys and firewire drives on company macs. Anyone got any ideas or had any exposure in this area? Of course can't fully disable them because of keyboards & mi...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: iBooks Author for business use

I'm watching the JAMF webcast and they're stressing the upcoming iBooks integration.. Anyone using iBA to create training materials or other non-edu content? What's worked, what hasn't? What surprised you?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

terminal command policy

Does anyone know of a way to convert a terminal command into a policy?? I'd like to run this command for users when they login: chflags nohidden ~/Library  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Installation Woes

Hello everyone! Our CSO has tasked us with installing Sophos(V7.3.9) onto our iMacs on our network. Our consultant has created an MPKG that has our settings included within it. I am trying to install it onto a test machine and I have had little to no...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Kiosk Mode

Here's an interesting profile you can load on iPads... It locks the iPad into kiosk mode, much like they use in the Apple Stores. http://zchristopoulos.com/2012/02/how-to-disable-ipad-home-button-kioskstore-demo-mode/ John  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Appliance - IP setup

I am having issue configuring the ip address in the Appliance. I have set it up manually with ifconfig but it does not seem to stick. I am also unsure on how the best way to pull up the webpage once i have it set up. I have tried to connect directly ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: totally awesome 'defaults' find

Perhaps everyone already knows this, but I just found this to be awesome: So, I'm mucking around in /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/users. There's lots of users' plist files. Now, I want to see the contents of one of these so I do a defaults nobody.pli...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Times?

I'm testing self service being utilized more broadly in our environment. I'm surprised how long the installs are taking (similar times for AFP and HTTP). Taking self service out of the mix, I ran the policies manually using command below and saw simi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get Version from Application Plugin

Hi folks, we use Casper to get Informations about installed Plugins for indesign CS5 and Incopy CS5. My Problem is how to get the Version of the Plugins if they are build as a framework? That means the Info.plist is not in Contents but in Versions - ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Credant vs. Filevault 2?

Does anyone have any experience with Credant for Mac vs. Filevault 2? Pros/Cons? Any information would be helpful, as we are implementing Casper Suite soon and we would prefer to manage FileVault 2 instead of Credant. Thanks muchly,Susan  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pros and Cons of vendor packages?

Does anyone have a quick rundown of the pros and cons of using vendor pkgs as opposed to making a snapshot pkg? Aside from lacking something like JAMF DMG's ability to set preferences for new and existing users by populating existing and new user pre...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

can't browser for Windows printers

* Can't BROWSE for Windows Printers * Good day to all. Our Macs are joined to our AD domain. Our Windows Server printers are shared out through AD. Our Macs used to be able to browse for the shared Windows printers in the Add Printer dialog within Sy...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Parallels w/preferences set

We can deploy Parallels with the untouched dmg downloaded from the Parallels web site with Casper. But we need to be able to lock down the preferences. After we have set the preferences and create a new snapshot and dmg using Composer we can't get it...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packing new version of Xcode

Hi everybody maybe this one have been post before, could anyone help me to package the new version of xcode. I am a beginner of Mac OSX and casper suite. Please show in steps. Thank you in advance  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symlink

Hi guys,I have a script error when I ran a policy using the mountnetworkshare.sh Script Result: /private/tmp/mountNetworkShare.sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'/private/tmp/mountNetworkShare.sh: line 1: `' I was advised this is...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

nbi and netboot

Hi Gentlemen,Recently I have problem netboot new iMac. They seems to ignore the netboot server but my old iMac stills works. I was told I need to update the NetBoot Image so it can recognise the lastest hardware. I am not quite sure what to do at thi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Plist Question

Does anyone know which plist this option for Apple Remote Desktop lies "Allow control of this computer when this application is running". I would like to create an MCX to make that option active. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch an app after installation

Hello, How do I have an app launched after it is installed by Casper remote without user interaction? Running "open /path/to/app.app" or "sudo -u [shortname] open /path/to/app.app" in a pkg postflight.sh didn't work. Running "sudo -u [shortname] open...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors