Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Problem with JSS

Hello, i'm new here and currently running the trial of Casper, butright now I'm bashing my head against a wall out of frustration. WhatI'm seeing is that inventory doesn't seem to update properly, i'musing 8.31. Here's what I get when running jamf re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Separate Users Partition - PROs & CONs

I'd like to hear your opinion on having the user homes on a separate partition (in case you are using mobile accounts).So far i have been partitioning disks with a script that runsbefore imaging, creating a 60gig System partition and filling the rest...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 and Changing local user passwords remotely

Hi. Has anyone tried changing the password for a local administrator user remotely and not by going through passwd on a FIlevault 2 Lion system? We need to change the password securely on about 200 hosts without having to type it in each system. Our ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Off Topic] Acrobat Pro v9.x

So got a bit of an off topic question... Got a user that is trying to use Acrobat Pro to create a new doc from ablank page. When they do that it crashes, we've tried 9.4.2, 9.4.3, andnow 9.4.6... they always crash. However, if we install cs4 off the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off network policies - epic fail

For those of you also still reading the JAMF Listserve please excuse this duplication. I have been experimenting with a policy assigned to two network segments that are not included in our internal networks. Not being a network guy I am not sure if t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off network policies - epic fail

I have been experimenting with a policy assigned to two networksegments that are not included in our internal networks. Notbeing a network guy I am not sure if these are configuredcorrectly but here are the network segments I configured in thejss Off...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage and Computer Names

All: Has anyone come up with a way to use the Computer Name Assistant inPreStage to include part of the serial number from the computer? I'mlisting all of the serial numbers in the Scope and now I'd like to grab thelast 6 characters of the serial num...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Networks, Biggest Challenge, Biggest Benefit

For those who have embraced a Lion environment in an Active Directory environment, (and are in the mood to talk about it) could you share your experience? Do you have a mixed environment? What are the biggest benefits.....what are the biggest challen...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Question - Video content

Is it possible to push a movie content to iPad using Casper? - I think I know the answer is no, but it's worth asking. As it may trigger some ideas... Target here is to view video off line. Any input welcome! Cem  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Mac Mini screen resolution.

We have several classrooms around campus with a variety of video and switching hardware built-into our cabinets. One issue we run into is the Mac video resolution is not always set optimally for the projection system. Has anyone found a way to set (e...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

List Serve Going Away

Todd, The list serve will be going away at the end of the month, this based on areply by Jake Mosey on one of the discussions. The archives of this listshould be imported into the new JAMF Nation website. Perhaps Jake canconfirm again. Please go to h...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Cut Pro studio

has anybody had luck packaging FCP studio on Lion with composer? is it possible? I installed, updated, and then ran the package generation for installed software, and when i install i get an error launching all the apps, was hoping to get a serial nu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use Entourage email address to fill JSS Location

This script will determine that Entourage is running then it will collect the Exchange email address and it will populate the JSS Location. Only way to do this when Entourage is running. So I didn't want to freak out users by just running Apple Scrip...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

N/A machines..

Does anyone know of a way to create a smart group for machines which have N/A denoted as their Last Contact Time? I've been combing through MySQL but have found no corresponding keys within any of the tables which reflect this.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Sync files from AFP volume to SMB volume

I am in the process of moving my file server from an AFP volume hosted on OS X server to an SMB volume hosted on Windows 2008 Server R2. I need to get the data, about 8 TB of it, moved over, but I'm having a difficult time with file/folder names in t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

missing...

Does anyone know of a way to create a smart group for machines which haveN/A denoted as their Last Contact Time? I've been combing through MySQLbut have found no corresponding keys within any of the tables whichreflect this. John McLaughlinTechnical ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Create QuickAdd.pkg

When attempting to create a quickadd package using Recon I get the following error. Couldn't create quick add packageCouldn't create quick add package: pax: pax: Ustar header field is too small for uid 1604993965, using nobodypax: Ustar header field ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FCP

OK I have avoided packaging FCP as long as I can, maybe.I installed the previous version where you didn’t have to use the apple store to buy it have disks and everything.ran all the updates.used composer to make the pkg, which I did in dmg format. of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Driver Package

Is there still a generic print driver package out there? I would like to preinstall the print drivers on my users machines, as they are currently able to add the printer because i have added them to _lpadmin, but they do not have admin access so they...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

$3 versus ~ variable

Hey all, I have this script that I cobbled together from a few sources. It's designed to clean up the Lion sidebar and remove items. I plan to scope it to run at login to clean up the Finder window. My problem is getting the $3 variable to pull out t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tips and Tricks: JAMF CLI binary embedded in apps.

This is not really documented but I thought it was neat. This is how I test scripts while in netboot with my netboot server and my NBI file. Since when you invoke scripts manually to test them, Casper does not assign those handy parameters and some o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.x + Adobe CS4 + Patches

Has anybody tried Lion with CS4 + Patches? When I load just the CS4 it's fine, but if I push down the patches andreboot the system will bring up the login screen, allow me to put in mypassword, then the screen "flashes" and goes back to the login scr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors