Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Darktrace cSensor Extention Attribute

We have had the Darktrace cSensor running on our macs for months. I am currently tasked with creating a report that pulls in all machines with DT sensor and its running. I found a script that I could use with extension attributes to report that the s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Identity Provider Search Test Fails

I have Google configured as Identity Provider in Jamf and until this morning, the search of users was working without any issues. Right now, the connection seems to be working, but when I try to test it and search for a user, it doesn't return anythi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Observing Mode

Trying to remote into new Mac Mini's running Mac OS Monterey, I am only getting a black screen and it says Observing.I have Remote Login and Remote Management setup for my admin user. Has anyone else experience this or know how to fix this?I have tri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force a Computer Restart to Install macOS Updates

In light of the new "Force a Computer Restart to Install macOS Updates" feature in Jamf Pro 10.38.0, I've decided to create a bash function that should make life easier for admins that want to force updates on M1 machines.Please refer to the screensh...  View more

bwoods_0-1652729152198.png
  • 114 replies
  • 19 kudos

sources for update packages

Where are you all getting .pkg files to use for package definitions? Some apps don't release their patches as .pkg files. Also. Apple is not providing direct downloads anymore that I can find. Are there secret mirrors or am I just expected to know ho...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable randomized temporary IPv6 addresses

We are trying to disable the temporary randomized IPv6 addresses.The Windows command is:Set-NetIPv6Protocol -UseTemporaryAddresses Disabled -RandomizeIdentifiers DisabledDoes anyone know of the equivalent command in macOS? I've been trying to track i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create "sharing only" account

Hi. We need to create a special "sharing only" account on some of our computer. Users should be able to share the screen using that account – but not to login to that same local account (they are supposed to used their AD logins instead).Creating a l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Cloud - Prestage PKG Not Downloading - Palo Alto

Good morning all, looking for some help in case others have run into this.Our org is using Palo Alto. We've added decrypt, no auth, and whitelisting for *.jamfcloud.com addresses and the Apple APNs.Everything works fine except for the downloading of ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Blanc login after password change

Hi all,I've been wondering if others have had this issue, Last week I've seen multiple users changing their passwords from o365 and after the change they are unable to login to their office products. It will ask for the user and when normally prompti...  View more

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 16.03.17.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extended App Installers metadata

Hey Cloud Admins,Over the weekend there was an upgrade of cloud instances to Jamf Pro 10.38. Just a heads-up that not all App Installer packages in Jamf App Catalog will display all metadata.Packages that have multiple sources for original media, i.e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

I wiped the macbook, I reenrolled into jamf

I wiped the device and I reenrolled through self enroll by going to mycompany.jamfcloud.com/enroll, I installed and approved the mdm profile but when I go to search inventory I see the computer but it is not managed How do I resolve this? I'm not abl...  View more

NealW_0-1652477873819.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear webmail login in Safari for iPad

Here is the scenario I find myself in. We have a department asking for shared iPads that only access email and a specific website they use. I have it setup to do single app mode and have Outlook Web Access and the website allowed. Only problem is the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Macs Not Enrolled in ABM

Hi Jamf Nation. Here's the scenario - we have several Macs that are not enrolled in Apple Business Manager (ABM) but are enrolled in Jamf Pro via User Initiated Enrollment. I found that despite being enrolled this way, I have very limited control ove...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Setup and Web Clips

Does anybody know if it is possible to create and deploy a webclip via a configuration profile while using "Jamf Setup". I have deployed web clips previously without issues, however, the web clips will not deploy while in the Jamf Setup configuration...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

size of all packages in Jamf

Hello jamf nation.. got a feeling I am going to feel foolish after this one as I feel like this is something I have done before but do not recall how. I am asking for an on-Prem distribution point (to appease my network team) but am having problems s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Deployment

I have an app that I had done the VPP in ABM and it is showing in JAMF under mobile device apps, but all values for Type, Total Purchased, etc are empty. Did I miss something in ABM?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to skip Analytics window in DEP Enrolment

I know you can skip different setup assistant windows, but we still get an Analytics window that we'd like to hide.https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/setupassistantHas anyone come up with a way to hide the Analytics window?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS/iPadOS with 802.1X Wireless Networks

Hello, I'm looking at managing iOS and iPadOS soon (have only managed macOS previously). Has anyone used Jamf AD CS Connector to issue certs for 802.1X on iOS/iPadOS? Jamf documentation seems to show SCEP is the only option for cert-based authenticat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.38.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.38.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.38.1 release notes here.There are no changes to this weekend's cloud upgrade schedule. To vie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

API Get request with no pagination?

Hi! I'm new to using the Jamf Pro API. I am sending a GET request to the API to get all mobile objects. If I use the API v1 endpoint, it returns all mobile devices:/api/v1/mobile-devicesBut I am aware that this will be deprecated. However if I use AP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

issues with restarting and rename devices

Hello team,We have been having issues with renaming or restart devices such as Apple Tv within our management console in JamF, even when we try manual install it still doesn't work. I have checked to make sure all network connections are working perf...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog Updates vs Patch Management

Recently started to move from Patch Management to the new App Catalog feature but I'm a little confused on the update process or maybe I'm missing something. When I used Patch Management to deploy updates, the process was very quick at pushing out th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AMF integration with Cisco ISE.

Folks,This is a question we have asked much previously but want to refresh this.We are having challenges on our network for authenticating MAC books using the JAMF and Cisco ISE integration.We see Cisco ISE provides various attributes like "MDM Manuf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors