Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

WebClips

Good Morning, I am finding that some of our iPads are saying that they have webclips installed but the students are not seeing them. I was wondering if there was a way to allow us to automatically send the webclips and have them also show up in Self-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for determining Indesign plugin

I need to track a plugin for InDesign, I thought I would utilize EAs to accomplish this, and I have one working for it. However, it is hardcoded to a specific version of InDesign, could someone help me modify this for any version of InDesign and repo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Volume Purchasing

I have no idea how long thing has been an issue since we having changed the apps on our iPads for almost a year at this point. The tech that manages the iPads needed to add an app to some iPads and all of our licenses under content were 0 out of 0. I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Helper with Custom logo

Hello, does anyone know how to include a custom image on a JAMF helper prompt. Im able to view the custom image we have for self service branding in ~/Library/Application Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/Documents/Images/brandingimage.png I t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtual JNUC 2020 - just a month away!

Hello Jamf Nation,In case you missed it, Virtual JNUC 2020 is just a month away! Register now for this complimentary event and join 10,000+ of your peers! You'll hear IT leaders, from organizations around the world, walk through their innovative use ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Apps installing automatically

searched and couldn't find what anything to what im trying to do. We have "purchased" (free) apps on the app store that are used by random people in our org so there is no static group or anything for these computers. I have it set as Distro method =...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

pushing apps to non managed devices

Is it possible to push a VPP app to a device that's not managed by us? Can we use the serial number or user to do this somehow? If it is possible, how do you do it from an admin standpoint and how does the end user access the app? thank youKent Barcl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recipe Robot error

I'm a new user to the Recipe Robot app by homebysix. Every app that I have tried comes back with the same errors. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  View more

e4ec6600e15246a48df3d05f2d53b2f2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Automatic App Updates for Just 1 App

For my computers I have it set to "Automatically Force App Updates", works perfectly. I have a teacher that does not want Xcode updated automatically as his curriculum is based on the current version, and when updates come out in the fall it wreaks h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS System Apps not installing by default

We've just started running into an issue where the system apps that are removable on iPads such as Notes, Maps etc will not install on their own after setting up an iPad. We have been able to successfully navigate around it by excluding the student f...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

create a smart group based on User Account Type?

I'm trying to determine which computers have a Mobile LDAP account that are Jamf enrolled. For example in a Computer's inventory record under Local User Accounts it has the UID, Account Type, Admin Yes/No. Is there any way to pull the Type: Mobile LD...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues getting NoMad to function properly

Hi, we are attempting to get NoMAD working in our environment. We have a Forest with Multiple domains and the users exist in more then one. We typically bind our Macs to domain1.mycompany.com but have users in others such as domain2.mycompany.com In ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot Computers and Devices on demand via API

Hi; I am looking for a way to reboot both MacOS and iOS/tvOS devices via API commands, either with classic API or uAPI. I've found that I can use the classic API's mobiledevicecommands RestartDevice endpoint to reboot mobile devices. But this doesn'...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf not detected on OS X during Cisco ISE system scan

Hello, I have uninstalled cisco Anyconnect with all plugins, including the ISE. I reinstalled anyconnect with ISE added. Restarted device and same issue , jamf not detected during system scan. If I run ps aux|grep -I jamf I can see the agent and logg...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribute App Store Apps to byod macs

I need to supply an App Store app, Logic Pro, to remote students for their personal Mac OS computers. Is it possible to give them Jamf accounts manually, have them go through the User-Initiated Enrollment and then scope. I'd prefer not to use Self Se...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create Local Account based on Assigned User

Basically, I want to auto create a local user account based on who I assign the device to in Jamf (assigned user area pictured below). I would give a generic password initially and have the client log into Enterprise Connect or the SSO extension to s...  View more

22c6aca891a5402eb8fa49d3cd42ff43
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetSUS/reposado Replicas

I have two NetSUS instances in my environment and they work great to approve and deploy updates however I find myself having to manually approve updates on each servers since the both host a production catalog. Is there an option to setup a master an...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps Slow to Appear on Device - Using LDAP Groups

Hello all, we recently deployed 750 or so iPads and it seems that they can be slow to receive all of the apps scoped to them. We use Google LDAP so the user authenticates during setup on the iPad. Some apps are scoped to all devices and those come do...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

deactivate guest mode on shared iPads

Hi, since iOS 13.4 there is the option to log in as a guest user. We don't want our users to log in as guests.Is there a way to disable this option? We haven't found anything in the PreStage Enrollments or Configuration Profiles.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors