Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

How the policy run according to the script result.

Hi everyone,I have a script and this script downloading some packages from Apple Server. There is also one more seperate standalone package. if the first download step is successful (script result 0) then standalone package should work via script. Ho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Management Action

Hello. I am new to JAMF and learning the admin system console as I go. I am getting a "Management Action" message for Important Microsoft Outlook will quit in 15 minutes, etc. Been trying to figure out how the former admin employee set this up and ho...  View more

cc70bcb310e149dcb58f1e3e5919d60f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyboard layout

Hi! I am looking for a way to set a default keyboard layout for all users. We have about 50 imacs that currently have swedish and US english as default keyboard layouts. I wish to find a way to change this so that every computer and user has Swedish,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signing a pkg (for use outside of MDM)

I am not the owner of our Apple Developer portal but had our admin create a Developer ID Installer (for installer packagers) certificate, which they provided and I installed the certificate on my Mac keychain, created a flat pkg in composer, and used...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro with Homebrew? possible for updates?

Good morning,I am unfortunately im new at Homebrew and hope here someone has experience with Jamf + Homebrew! Is it possible updates for programs like Firefox - Chrome etc. per Homebrew zuerteilen? I think of terminal commands that are distributed vi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf School - Automated Time Zone

Hi.Now that we have a MDM command to set the time zone on iOS Devices, this is a feature request :- In the Enrollment settings on one location, option to "Automatically Set Time Zone" and a menu to select a time zone- At enrollment, the MDM command i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Uninstall Netsweeper WebCheck

I was installing Netsweeper WebCheck (an Internet filter) to some student devices and I accidentally scoped some devices that I didn't want it installed on. I need to be able to uninstall it from those devices. I don't think the package was configure...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full version of Big Sur

Anyone know how to download a full version of Big Sur? Seems like I only get the 25MB version which won't work to run the upgrade using Self Service. There is yet to be a Big Sur Patcher released.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Software Center

Hello, I noticed a couple weeks ago, that all devices have the "Managed Software Center" installed. It checks for updates when I open it and then errors out. The about says "https://www.munki.org/munki/ Managed Software Center". I can't even click on...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISO: Big Sur Startup Guide

Hey all, I see a lot of discussions regarding Big Sur and M1 issues. Wondering if anyone could provide a summary of how to best deploy Big Sur on M1 and non-M1 Macs in a Jamf environment. Maybe highlight some of the issues people may run into and how...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Symantec DLP Agent installation detection

I am looking for a solution for a smart computer group that will display the number of machines with the Symantec DLP agent installed. From what I can tell this runs under the 'edpa' process, but I am not finding any inventory data for Symantec DLP o...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Dock Policy to Run 100 Percent of the time

I build my instance to run this way for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is that I like to build things that have interchangeable parts. Meaning if the transmission goes, we just replace that part. I have used Jamf since it was Casper and many or...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Inventory gets lost on .vmware files

We're seeing weird errors where Jamf is inventorying user directories for Applications, and when it hits vmware files, you get stuff like: "/usr/bin/du", "-sh", "/Users/username/Dropbox/Backup WD/Mac/Final/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Vi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Working Macbook Solution Using Jamf

Hello all, I was curious if anyone has successfully deployed or had experience with any users on Macs working from home, but still having secure access to items on premise and the ability to upload and download files from said premise? Strictly curio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Remote Desktop and Jamf Connect

I noticed today that I can no longer sign in as my admin account on a computer that is currently logged in by a user using Apple Remote Desktop (I can share the desktop though). I assume this has to do with the login protocols changing with Jamf Conn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Cache Server OS Update

I am trying to update our mac mini cache server from El Capitan to Catalina. Every time i try to run the install i get a picture of the app folder with a prohibited sign. I tried to upgrade to High Sierra and i get the same error. Is there a way to f...  View more

086be79a341040059867fcddd8abafb4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Falcon Sensor - System Extension approval

Hi all,I'm actually using this config profile for pushing system/kernel approval and PPPC control.Everything looks to be working except for the "System extension approval", it keeps asking for the approval. It is actually working in macOS Catalina, b...  View more

a4386646dd504a4da3c3aa1db83c2567 735e6d4619024cf9ad21faee9d1968c1
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe M1 Macbook Pro

Hi all! I'm testing some things with the new Apple M1 Macbook Pro in combination with Jamf. The problem I'm currently struggling with, is that when you perform a wipe on the device initiated by Jamf is that you can't install new clean system again. A...  View more

0af1007933b44a9ca0fa0fd7cb9556a7
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

OneDrive - Online status

Is there a way to check that OneDrive is online on the command line? One of my coworkers mentioned that he'd changed his password but OneDrive didn't prompt for the new password but did go Offline on the menubar icon. His worry was that people may no...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors