Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Inventory Preload: device type is missing or invalid

We're attempting to use the Inventory preload on 800+ iPads we recently got in. When I try to upload the csv file I get the following error: device type is missing or invalid This comes up for each line we uploaded. I only filled out the serial, user...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Chrome to the Dock

I'm sure I'm missing something easy but I cannot find a way to add non-apple apps to the dock via Jamf. Any suggestions?  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authbind broken in 10.14 - with workaround

In Jamf 10.14 (on Ubuntu 18.04), tomcat has moved to systemd instead of the old init script. It seems that all of the handling of the AUTHBIND environment variable has been removed. Setting AUTHBIND=yes no longer works to allow binding to unprivilege...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Self Service Crashin first time running

I have this error when trying to run self service for the first time, tries to open and then crashes Process: Self Service [920]Path: /Applications/Self Service.app/Contents/MacOS/Self ServiceIdentifier: com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.macVersion: 10.13...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Packages

If I have a piece of software I want to update, if I go to settings - computer management - packages and upload the newest package for that software will that automatically update on the users computers or is there another step that needs done to get...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accepting the PPPC for Wacom drivers

Hello Everyone, We have been using the PPPC utility to build the PPPC configuration profiles for a while now. Today however, even though I have created the PPPC configuration profile for the Wacom Springboard Driver, I still have to check the box to ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 4 kudos

Managing Mojave Updates

Afternoon, I am after some help around managing Mojave Updates please, if anyone could provide any assitance. We've imaged the majority of our machines with Mojave 10.14.5 during our summer refresh and we've packaged, tested and will be installing ou...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator - Recovery Mode

Hi All, I am mass updating devices after they have been enrolled using DEP and into Jamf. The last step is for one of the service desk staff to mass update them. Every device going through Apple Configurator, begins the update process, but when the d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.14 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hi Jamf Nation, We're excited to announce that the latest version of the Jamf Pro 10 series - Jamf Pro 10.14 - is now available! This is a significant release for us and delivers some new functionality that we know you'll love, like:- Jamf Parent: A ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads in Enterprise - Multiple users

We have a handful of iPads in our IT department that are intended to be used by multiple users when they go out into the field (internally). Mostly they will be checking on and updating tickets in out ticketing system. They are supervised DEP devices...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Username and Password prompt for WiFi profile

I followed this attached guide to create this wifi profile. The issue I have is when installing via Jamf there is no prompt for the username and password. If I installed outside of Jamf/MDM it works fine. I have tried: Self Service Mode: UserSelf Ser...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reconnect SIS(PowerSchool) to ASM

Hi there,We are struggling to re-connect SIS(PowerSchool) in ASM. We have lately realized that PowerSchool may pause syncing while summer break but thought it probably starts syncing once it's disconnected AND reconnected. That was the mistake..Disco...  View more

da795bdf1bda4a5f9aa6fbfb5f512cbc 295cd78be1414f468ddbcbc2739d1419
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad in PreStage but unable to manage

Hi, I'm new at this, and unsure what happened. I've got an iPad in PreStage but did not show up as managed. When I search my inventory is it definitely not there. And my device count is off by 1, so I know its not there by this as well. It was purcha...  View more

88d84d23b2d148a8b9dabbf3995a1912
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

appconfig error

Trying to build a config for Kiosk Pro Plus, and it's causing appconfig.jamfresearch.com to error out with: "HTTP Status 400 – Bad RequestType Exception Report Message Request header is too large Description The server cannot or will not process the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADCS security?

Hi everyone :) I'm currently testing Jamf ADCS within my environment.Our Mac's are NOT bound to AD and I would like to use ADCS for certbased Wifi connections.Btw: I'm using a Microsoft PKI/CA environment which we used to have for a while now and whi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using DEPNotify but looking for some help scripting

Hey all,So in trying to use DEP for our new roll outs I'm struggling to recreate our policies that have up until this point been based on computer name. I think I can use DEPNotify and an attached script to call what I want to happen, however I have ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cancellation

Hi, The upcoming Milwaukee event has been cancelled for this week. We hope to have it rescheduled soon. Thanks for your interest, Chad  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneNote removed from App Store?

I was reviewing our VPP app licenses just now and it looks like OneNote is no longer available on the App Store. See attached screenshot. Anyone else getting this?  View more

52489810d6ff4ef9b4601a90a612da8a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a mobileDevicePreStage using REST API

We are trying to setup a mobileDevicePreStage using REST API but I am having the following issue: We fist get the site, dep program.We do not want to setup any locationInformation or purchasingInformation as when we create it from the web console. Bu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Descriptions?

Hey, I am currently cleaning up our JAMF Pro and freeing some licenses. For this, I was checking for devices that have not updated in the last 30 days. I figured some of the devices that were offline for a long time are used as backup devices - that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon , Site location setup

Hiya , were looking at seeing how easy it is to set up iBeacon a around buildings entrance / exits to capture the serial number of a device that leaves the building This is more of a loss prevention plan rather than tracking idea, we want to know if ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netflix iOS tvOS Configuration

We are deploying some new Apple TVs and I would like to setup the Netflix user name and password in the Mobile Device App configuration in JAMF but I am not having luck locating the correct keys to use. Has anyone configured the Netflix app on either...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors