Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Helper windows

Hi, I'm using a MacBook Pro 13 retina with OS ver. 10.13.6. Since some days, sometimes (Often) appear a small windows that suggest me to ! Update alla software must run now ! with only a button "Restart" and a countdown timer on 72 hours. I've seen i...  View more

669e1138cc5e4de99c1e863953f610de
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing local admin PKG in Mojave via Installr

I've been successfully using Installr to prestage our Macs with High Sierra 10.13.6. It installs the OS, a local admin account (via a PKG I created with MacUserGenerator v0.2) and a few other distribution-style PKG's. When I attempt this setup on Moj...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation Instruction of OpenSSL

Hello Team, I am trying to create pkg file to install OpenSSL on MAC for all user. So could you please help to give installation instruction or script to install OpenSSL on MAC machine for all user. Thank YouRavi Kant Verma | Associate | NTT DATA | 8...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get the timestamp on default login keychain

I've been recently looking at doing some work with Keychain. I was wondering if there is a way to check when the default login Keychain was last created or updated. The problem is that user change their AD passwords while abroad and Keychain doesn't ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding to AD - custom home directory

Background: we have a small fleet of Macs (High Sierra) which we are trying to bind to an AD forest. We don't have much control over this instance of AD as it is managed by a different entity than ourselves, so what I'm describing here assumes that w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

adobe cloud - best update tool practise

We have many old versions from adobe cloud that is not running the latest as users don´t updateI have create some packages with new adobe Software and can deploy IT and it works. But was is the best way to in same operation to remove old versions of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Application Password lost on Upgrade

I have recently been testing High Sierra upgrades on some of our old OSx devices and have run into an issue that others have apparently seen in the past. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/14864/lost-connection-to-active-directory Our syste...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Safari doesn't work

Hello We enabled yesterday on Azure SSO. So now we have the problem that doesn't work with Safari. But with chrome is everthing fine. Have anyone a idea?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Patch Managment

Why is everything in the Jamf UI so frustrating and not consistent? So i wanted to do some things with Patch Management, mainly see what version of an app we have in the environment. So a few weeks ago i made some Patch Management policies to just re...  View more

b05cc2def8f549a08942d533306ae933
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - wrong Apple ID

As Company we have a VPP account where added Keynote, Pages etc All of our mac´s also have this software, but installed with a old apple ID. So if place VPP software in self service, they cannot be installed as they already are on the mac(but an old ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 10.8 and iBeacons

Hi there,i got a problem with iBeacons and Jamf 10.8.My iPads do not enter (or recognize) any iBeacon Region.It looks like SelfService did not recognized the iBeacon or do not inform the Jamf. In former Versions of Jamf i got some Problem with exitin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avast Shield definitions

Good Morning! I just wanted to ask if anyone had success pushing out the free Avast Antivirus with customised definitions? I can't find out where the saved preferences are to push out (I.E File settings, Browser settings, etc...)  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to sync Filevault 2 and Active directory passwords

Im hoping to make a Self Service script with OSAscript callouts/dialogs to make it easier for users to sync their FV2 and AD passwords. the script successfully passes the value of the "shortname" to the first command but the add command has 2-3 pop-u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disconnect VNC user

Using the built in VNC server, we have users who connect to macs and sometimes forget to disconnect. I would love to have a way to manually kick off any connected VNC connection. I know you can do this with RealVNC, but I cant find a way to do it wit...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Auto Update Magic (or something similar)

We've got policies called "Install Latest " that use smart computer groups like "-update-smart" and I think they're from Auto Update Magic but disabling the policies doesn't stop them from being re-enabled. I couldn't see any instructions on stopping...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 enabled on users without secure token

Hey there all! Apologies for another topic about secure tokens. I really didn't see many comments about the situation I am currently in. From the multiple articles I have read about secure tokens, including comments from this derflounder post, it app...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recovery Partition not being reported?

Hello all! Newbie here and I am tackling the recovery partitions with High Sierra and Mojave. I have a question. I have Macintoshes running High Sierra and Mojave and when I do the diskutil list, it shows all of them having a recovery partition, with...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors