Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

AirServer Deployment

I have successfully deployed an AirServer installation policy, but I'm looking for a way to also include the license key. Has anyone done this before, and if so, how did you do it? I'm not the best when it comes to creating scripts, so if anyone woul...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrolment - Last Sync

Hi, Is anybody having an issue with prestage enrolments not syncing for the last 4 days. Our devices can be added to the prestage but do not enrol when the device is turned on and connected to the wireless. Our DEP program is working, and devices are...  View more

• 47 replies
  • 4 kudos

safari and a smooth wall proxy on 10.14

Hi i have configured a pac file and pushed using jamf pro google chrome works as expected the network user is prompted for their credentials and all ok but with safari the mac tries to open up system prefs the for the user to enter credentials works ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing a SecureToken

Our current workflow is to erase machines using Internet Recovery or an Erase/Install Script in Self Service, manually crate a local user admin for the assigned user, enroll in Jamf, and then let our DEP-Notify policy kick in upon enrollment to provi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Name License adoption rate

I'm wonder if anyone has found a way to tell if users have actually been licensed by or even logged into Adobe Desktop? Searched a bit and nothing popped out beside everyone hates named licensing :) Would love to find a way to see what our adoption r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paid App Request in Self Service iOS

Being new to the Jamf world, maybe this has been asked and answered. We are a K12 school district and we are rolling out Jamf to our iPads and using self service for app installs. I would like all apps to show up for every user in self service, if it...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft Office 2016 - App is not optimized

Greetings! We are trying to deploy a policy to install Microsoft Office 2016. Our build process utilizes splashbuddy. The process hangs up after Microsoft Office installs successfully but displays: "The Microsoft Office Setup Assistance is not optimi...  View more

dec71e2e2572432b93730d269795bbce
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Error 403 Indexing in Jamf Admin

Trying to Index in Jamf Admin. Get the following error. Unable to download Microsoft_Outlook_16.16.19031202_Installer.pkg from Jamf Cloud. Connection failure: "The operation couldn’t be completed. ( error 403.)"Output: This happens on most, if not al...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Security & Privacy Payload -- Submit Diagnostics

I'm required to implement security on our machines. One item is to disable the submission of Diagnostics to Apple. According to the current Configuration Profile Reference from Apple, this is the allowDiagnosticSubmission Boolean Key in com.apple.app...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollments via API

Where is Jamf with modifying Prestage Enrollments via API? We're preparing for summer school and will have thousands of iPads that will be changing prestages. The ability to do the work via API will save us a ton of time.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

script that creates a launchd not working

I have a script that creates a launchD when run with various parameters. the file IS getting created in /Library/LaunchDeamons, but when I go to view it the data appears to be encrypted so I can't really tell if it's working properly. None of the oth...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Wireshark 3.0.x Permissions Issue

After packaging and deploying Wireshark via Composer, I discovered an issue when attempting to capture traffic on an interface I get the error "The capture session could not be initiated on interface 'en0' (You don't have permission to capture on tha...  View more

fcc2c730515e4b83b8586e8debde25bf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Teams high CPU utilisation

We are deploying Microsoft Teams to our estate but having feed back that its "Microsoft Teams Helper" task is running at very high CPU utilisation 100% for example. We have whitelisted this in our Cylance Anti-Virus but has made no difference. Has an...  View more

0138a28ef8894d90a76469d566add784
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging for macOS Application Firewall (ALF)

Hi Everyone!Hoping for some help with an issue relating to logging for the Mac Application Firewall (ALF). We have a requirement from one of our security groups to start sending these logs to Splunk and I’ve run into some issues surrounding entries f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Encrypting Computer without Security Token

I randomly came across a comment on this board over the weekend, where someone said you can do this now for Mojave. Is that true? I did a little googling but came up with nothing. Thank you for any response in advance.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FDS Error 403

I am having one of the File Distribution Shares give me this error in the log file. Connection failure: "The operation couldn’t be completed. ( error 403.)" I have 4 FDS's setup and only this one is giving the error. I can map to it via the credentia...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please, help me with FileVault :(

Hello, I need your help because Filevault will drive me crazy. We have about 1300 Macs (10.11.x to 10.14.x) We have only AD accounts (without admin permissions) and the only local admin account is the one that is using for Jamf management FileVault i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring original Mojave user template

So, I got bitten by the Mojave system user template permissions change/problem. The offending policies have been disabled and will be replaced so the problem isn't getting any worse, but is there any way to restore the original Apple made template on...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looping Through CSV for Variables - Errors

Hello! I'm trying to loop through a CSV of device serial numbers, extract those serial numbers as variables, use the variables and the API to get the JSS ID of the mobile devices as another variable, then use this new variable to execute some remote ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors