Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Recommended/Mandatory settings

Hi, We're trying to push a Chrome Policy http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#RegisteredProtocolHandlers, specifically RegisteredProtocolHandlers using JAMF for mac but we're getting the following response "Policy level is not support...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NomAD on Mac OsX bounced in AD

We have some items like proxy (in the network tab), our smb connection to the print queue, intranet, ms outlook 2016 password and google chrome proxy password saved in keychain that can't sync with AD password when we change it. Can someone try to ex...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Icons with download symbol next to it

Lately when replacing an iPad we would do a restore from iCloud. The students have managed Apple IDs. On the new iPad everything goes back onto the iPad, but some of the apps that were downloaded from Self Service have the download Cloud icon that it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to download quickadd.pkg via command line.

I've done a dodgy reverse engineer of the /enroll page, and implemented some code in golang to download the quickadd.pkg bound to a username, however this doesn't work. Is there anyway to download a username bound quickadd.pkg via the command line? T...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 client in macOs - Disable Options

Hi All, Is there any possibility to disable the following options in Outlook 2016 client in MacOS Export to OLM Save Messages to “On My Computer” Kindly suggest how we can achieve this. We are using JAMF Pro suite and Outlook 2016 as client. Regards,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Close and Re-open Script

I would like to create a script to close google Chrome and then Re-open the program . I have tried using : pkill -a -i "Google Chrome" #!/bin/bash loggedInUser=`python -c 'from SystemConfiguration import SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser; import sys; use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro and SSO and Two URLs

I filed a ticket with Jamf a few months ago, so I think I know the answer to this but I want to make sure. Is there a way to enable SSO if your Jamf Pro URL points to web apps in limited access mode exposed to the internet while the URL you use for w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pull LDAP/AD *Computer* group membership?

Trying to figure out a way to be able to query machines for specific group memberships. We're using Centrify to bind, which adds a bit of complexity, but I can probably work around that. Does anyone know of a good way to identify what AD Security gro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

lockout all network control on student laptops

Hey guys, We have about 100 MBP laptops that are available for student use. They are AD bound with no mobile profiles and we are running into issues where the wifi on the laptops is turned off or changed to another network. ive used the restriction i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete File by File Extension

Hey Jamf Nation - Apologies if this has been posted before. Is there an easy way to delete a file with a specific extension, found in the logged in user's profile using JAMF? For example, any file with the extension of .DOC, I'd like for JAMF to find...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only run policy during a 1hour window every 24hours

I have a maintenance process, let's call it, that could take awhile to execute. I want to use jamf policy to manage it. I'm trying to avoid creating a launchdaemon for this because it's temporary. It could take hours and part of the script has a hard...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are people deploying OneDrive these days

It sounds like a stupid question I know, but we went from a pkg to an AppStore installation. Now we're being told by Microsoft to go back to a pkg download. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/new-onedrive-sync-client-release-notes-845dcf18-f921...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-House App Fails to install

Hi Jamf Nation! I've got a weird issue with an app that has been developed for us. It installs no problem through configurator, but if I upload the .ipa file to our JSS and scope to the same device, I get a "could not be downloaded at this time" erro...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

External Storage Access

Hi All Do anyone have idea's suggests as how best to block users from connecting to external/home NAS etc using Jamf? I have a payload that already blocks USB access, but was looking at ways to block users from accessing home nas etc when they take t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain Access Always Allow

Hello I get this popup and I have to allow the access to the Keychain. Is there a script to this? I know I can push the Button "Always Allow". But for us is that not a solution. Because we remove de Profiles every 6h.  View more

d6c8f2aa5fdc4d8288dfe73a29626a27
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable/Disable PrefPanes for non admin users

We've been trying to disable some of the PrefPanes for non-admin users (local or network) for Mac with OSX >=10.11. We tried to modify the Pref Panes' access rights with a script launched with a policy (logon trigger) : #!/bin/sh su sudo chown root:a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISo image - mac

I need to create a iso image of a mac for vmware. I have found several things on google creating an installer and then just rename it from .cdr to .iso. But everytime windows tell me afterwards the image is corrupted. Has someone knowledge how to cre...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple MDM questions

Hi all, I'm setting up JAMF for the first time for our Mac's. We also have Intune for our phones, also being freshly setup. I was curious if anyone else does this. My question is should I be setting up a separate Apple DEP ID for our phones, or is th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout all other users on Login

My problem is in my school system, children often leave their computer without logging off, so when the computer sleeps, the only person who can use the computer is that student. To combat this, we enabled fast user switching, but now we have another...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is System Image Utility going away with macOS Server?

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if System Image Utility will be dropped alongside most, if not all, of macOS Server in a future release? (Details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208312) I've already setup a Linux VM running NetSUS and that seems ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service was unexpectedly terminated

Hello everyone, we have the following problem with the self service: After moving the JSS server to Linux, the self service crashes on all Macs (10.10.5).Here's what I've done:Self Service uninstalled with sudo /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework.The...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors