Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Filevault Management Account

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to enable file-vault for the management account without having to do it manually (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Filevault > Enable Users). Any Suggestions???  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

SHA2 certs from GoDaddy working now w/ JSS?

The last time I set up a GoDaddy SSL cert (SHA2) w/ the JSS was in 2014 and it was a nightmare until I tried a SHA1 cert, which worked immediately. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/10063/ssl-cert-problems-with-go-daddy-cert Is this defect...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Configuration happens unintentionally

We have a Configuration Profile that gets removed every day by a "Remove Configuration"which triggers our profile to reinstall every day. Not sure what parameter is causing this. The profile is scoped to machines that don't have a certain certificate...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Epson printer drivers and "filter failed" error?

Trying to get an Epson WorkForce WF-7015 working on our Macs. We have a Mac print server, I've set the printer up on there and it works fine from the print server itself, but Macs that connect to the print server's print queue just get an error sayin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Authentication Issue

Hi, I am trying to setup 802.1X authentication for our ethernet and wifi network. with JSS configuration profiles, I setup Certificate(RootCA), AD and Network. I was able to get the certificate from our Root CA. (the cert it gets is like hostname.ad....  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall for 10.13

Hello All,I am trying to create a NetInstall image to install 10.13 (with a pkg to automatically enroll in Casper included).For some reason this is not working, I think it's because our Netboot server is not running Server 5.4 and macOS 10.13.Does an...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu 14 to 16 Upgrade

With JAMF PRO 10 coming out I figured this would be a good time to go from Ubuntu 14LTS to 16LTS. Would it be better to build a new VM and copy over the database or just upgrade the current sever to 16? Looks like its pretty easy to just upgrade the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

shared ipad : user-device problem

Hello,my ipads have been enrolled through the apple school manager of my department to which I do not have access.In our establishment we also created an apple school manager that allows us to make applications purchases through the vpp and we wanted...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

shared iPad : user-device problem

Hello,my ipads have been enrolled in jamf through the apple school manager of the state to which I do not have access.In our establishment, we also created our own apple school manager that allows us to make applications purchases through the vpp and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ManagedButUninstalled

Recently an issue has cropped up where managed apps are not installing properly on supervised iPads. Instead, a greyed out picture of the app icon is present with the words "waiting..". If you tap on the icon a prompt appears stating, "Unable to Inst...  View more

604096433c404cdd992ad9076ffd4d6e
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is this a known issue guys?

Server and Client are both High Sierra and the SMB shares are not mounting when logging in? The SMB shares are login items in profile manager and it works fine with Sierra. I have tried Server (high sierra) to Client (high sierra), Server (sierra) to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware lock, a good idea or a nightmare?

On a request I enabled the firmware lock on several laptops but the system on one of the laptops failed. No worries, boot from an external bootable Sierra stick and re-install. Nope, wont see it. Booting from the recovery partition? Nope, hangs on th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changes to com.apple.dock.plist

Hello, I am trying to push network mounts to the dock via com.apple.dock.plist.(There is a Global version and a User version. I need to edit the user version located at /Library/Managed Preferences/Username/com.apple.dock.plist. Here is where apple h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

APFS to HFS+ Netbook Script

Hi Folks We are trying to create a script that converts an APFS to HFS+ during a Netboot. The script we are using is below We can netboot and run the command from terminal however if we try and run the command from a script in JSS it does nothing. An...  View more

590a26c3f35b4f0197d9d474931385d3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock

Does anyone know of a way to unlock an ipad that is locked with the activation lock whereas the activation lock bypass code that you get from within the JSS under management does not work. Is there any other way to unlock the ipad except to call Appl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"shutdown -r now" fails in LaunchDaemon script

I'm trying to make things really simple for our users with a script that does quite a few things, including enrolling them into the JSS. It seems to me that the easiest way to do this is to push a script onto the computer, put a LaunchDaemon entry in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Crashplan 6.5

Anyone out there deploying Crashplan 6.5 via Jamf? This used to be a simple process. Deploy a custom folder along with the installer via self service while logged in as the end user. Code42 decided to remove the custom folder replacing it with a depl...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 1 kudos

Issue with admin group

Hi When I run the dscl . -read /Groups/admin GroupMembership command I am getting No such key: GroupMembershipwhen I run the same command for other groups it is successful, I think the GroupMembership attribute for the admin group has been deleted bu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Application

Just wondering if anyone has tried to take an Adobe Creative Cloud Package or DMG and have it actually deploy consistently? I have been working with support on this for over 2 months now and cannot seem to find any better consistency then about 10% w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile App Deployment by serial number

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody has a solution or best practice for this: I'm deploying iOS apps to static and smart groups of iPads that I've created, and under the Scope tab, it displays the group name I have selected. We have a 1:1 deployment in o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

DeviceInformation Command on iPads

Hey nation, Anyone else see this command in their environment? Seems like some iPads get it, some don't--teacher iPads do, student iPads don't--but I can't figure out the difference between the two that's causing it. This command was not seen in our ...  View more

7870707666bd47efae95ff62c089097e
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors