Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Adding apps to Self Service

This is probably something very simple, we never really utilized SS but I would like to start. I can't seem to figure out how to add custom apps to SS. I know how to do it for App store apps as it's pretty just right there. Example, I want to make Sk...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Lockdown if on Unapproved subnet

Good Day all, I am looking for a way to utilize Jamf to add an additional layer of security to my laptops. I already use Jamf for nearly everything but I am stumped on how to implement my latest project. we have Laptops that have confidential data on...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure Connect "Connect Requested"

After deploying pulse secure connect client successfully , Pulse Secure Desktop client remains in "Connect Requested"I found this kb [https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB40720](link URL) worked like a charmAnd instead of copyin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to make local documents downloads read only

We have an issue that we have set all our macs t 10.12.6 and none of the side bar redirects currently out work. So as a work round we want to set local documents and downloads to read only so students have to save to their network area. Can any body ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain minder

I am trying to test keychain minder, but how do I install keychain?.I have downloaded the files, but I am unable to find any instructions how to install this as there is no installation file like other programs. So guess they must be placed the files...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP authentication into self service not working?

Im currently testing LDAP integration for our JSS environment. I specifically want the integration so that users can login to self service for policies only scoped to them. At the moment it looks like the LDAP integration works ( was able to test suc...  View more

9475397ffdbf43aa8e119d12709d8485
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API help...App Catalog

So, I've got a request from our software integrators to get a listing of every app and what groups its scoped to live and at a glance. First knee jerk reaction was to say "look at the mobile device app catalog". If you have an app scoped to multiple ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complete MAC OS Image deployment over USB

Hi All, I am very new to this forum and maybe asking a very basic question here.Currently In my organization I am using network deployment to restore the MAC OS. We are using the Casper imaging tool to create the configuration profile and over networ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote will not SSH

Hey everyone. Been enrolling our existing stock of Macs, current enrollment doesn't actually call any other policies or install anything else. MOST of the machines can be managed with Casper Remote successfully, but a few absolutely refuse to ever co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for BINDING a Mac

Hey Everyone, A quick question for you. With JAMF Pro, there are a multitudes of methods to bind a Mac to AD. We are currently binding at Casper Imaging time via NetBoot and the first run script, using the accounts tab and selecting the appropriate b...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

[ANN] Jamf Pro in a Virtual Box

FYI: We have created a blog and github repository that outlines steps and includes scripts to automatically create & setup a virtual machines for Jamf Pro Server on macOS. This is useful to quickly setup a development server for testing, updates and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to make add a Web Clip to my self service?

I see how I could add a webclip to a configuration profile and make that profile available in Self Service, but I was wondering if I could just add a straight webclip that goes to a website into Self Service so the students can download it. I tried s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Institutional FileVault keychain

Hi there, I have made an institutional keychain but can't seem to upload it to my JSS. I am either not sure where to upload the certificate so that it shows up as a choice or perhaps I need to enable a permission to do so. ThanksAnne  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Event Not Running With Autologin User?

I searched previous posts, but didn't come across anything specific to this. My apologies if this is already known. We have a need for shared laptops to autologin when booted. No problem, easy. We also have scripts that run on login that modify the u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud - Webclip to request VPP apps

Hello, I am looking for a creative solution. We are a school with a limited number of VPP licenses so I can not scope to all users. So some apps will be on demand. We cannot enable the SMTP parts of JAMF so I am thinking maybe a webclip with a form t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP and JSS

I'm looking to configure Microsoft SCEP with our JSS environment. We are going to make our SCEP server externally available and would like to know if you have anyone has suggestions for securing the connection. To date, we've researched the following...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

OS 10.12.6 sidebars and save directories (network)

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am having trouble with 10.12.6 setting side bar favorites for all users to network drive and removing air drop i cloud and local favorites. I have tried MYSides but this isn't compatible with 10.12.6. I have t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Popups Script with 30 Day Counter

I searched but I couldn't find much info. Basically, I want to create a policy that once per day pops up a message letting a user know they have 30 days, 29 days, etc. to upgrade to a new version of macOS before something draconian happens. It could ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Third-party MDM - automated enrollment?

With SKEL on the way in unfinished form, I'm scrambling to examine all of our options to manage it. I've determined that, unless Apple changes the implementation, I will have to start enrolling devices in MDM. For reasons I won't go into here, the ob...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reposado config

I have let my manager know we should be looking at Repasado for our Apple updates. Our Apple Server downloads all updates and re-enables when I dis-able updates. CrazyI have Repasado set up however I want to delete some updates. I created a branch ca...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script help: Delay calling custom trigger?

Have a script that I'm going to push out to all machines. At the end of the script, it calls a custom trigger to run a policy from the JSS. I'm using JamfHelper to pop up a notification for the users, with a 5 minute count down. At the end of the cou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Payload in Configuration Profiles

Is there a way to use this payload to have it log students into google accounts? Which accounts does this work for? Just Gmail? Can anyone give me little direction? We have some primary students we need to have loggin in and the email account that we...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile for WiFi

We have created a configuration profile with a Network payload so that, in theory, users will auto-join our WiFi network. We selected PEAP which is what we use, but what do we put under "Username" and "Password?" Are these system variables?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use UNC path for AD binding...use it or not?

Hi Everyone, We modified our AD binding in the JSS to use the UNC path. Initially, the thought was to allow a network home directory to be used when students/employees were logging in. This has worked in our testing. Going forward, we found some erro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Call to lookup records, changes responses

We have a script to delete existing records from JAMF due to issues with self service not installing after a rebuild. When we first created the script we were getting back a response like "computer":'. Some time later (we can't recall why we change t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors