Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

iPad Usage/Activity

Is there a way with jamf or a third party software to see application usage of an iPad? I'm interested in knowing how often are iPads are being used by the students and what the student are actually doing on the iPads.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Reissuing FileVault keys Issue

So I am using the Reissuing FileVault keys with the Casper Suite. Followed this to the T (except the DMG for the ICONS). I am getting the follwoing error: Executing Policy Reissue invalid or missing FileVault recovery key Downloading AppleCustomScrip...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone used the EA to List iLock Serial?

I am struggling to use this EA to determine if there is an iLock on the computer. I can run a command similar to this in ARD but that does not help me as I want to create a Smart Group scoped to iLocks installed.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Logins to specific AD group

Hi All, I'm going to be rolling out new lab environments in the next few weeks, and part of that is integrating with AD, which is Campus Wide, rather than our OD environment that is only our school. Our labs are restricted to our students, however. A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Not Running Automatically

Hello everyone, I am trying to implement an extension attribute to pull the version of SafeGuard. Below is my script: The extension attribute will populate the correct information if I'm physically on the machine running "sudo jamf recon". I enrolled...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Preferences for Time Machine

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to open the System Preferences Pane for Time Machine via terminal. I found thishttps://macosxautomation.com/system-prefs-links.html but it does not contain time machine. Many thanksMarco  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Left company, where are my badges?

Hi nation, I recently left the company I was consulting with but I received all of my certs while with them and now all of my badges have disappeared from my profile. Is there a way to get those back or do my certs belong to the company? That can't b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra and GIT

Our users are heavy GIT users and during testing of macOS Sierra we have been seeing the system hang when git commit command is being ran. Since the issue seems to hang the system, no logs are being written. External of us the issue is being seen but...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing default application for certain extensions.

I'm trying to figure out what the best way (best practice way) would be for changing the default application for an extension type. Managed pref? Profile? Script? I could see how this might be useful in different applications but ours is mainly to ke...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Certs to MacBooks

I have created a profile to install some new internal certs (root and issue) but am only seeing it reach 61 of the 250 machines in scope. How can I troubleshoot why it is not reaching the rest? Also, does someone have a script or method to make user ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP apps not populating Mobile Devices Apps list

I have purchased several new apps with the VPP yesterday. They are showing up under the VPP account in global management, but they are not showing up in the app list for our mobile devices. We have not had a problem with this until today, the previou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas Area Mac Admin Meet-Up

Our next meet-up is on the schedule! Please join us on Thursday December 1st from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at Bottle Rocket Studios in Addison, TX. We'll have pizza, sodas, and some great discussions! Register here: Dallas Area Mac Admin Meet-Up If you wou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Not Eligible (FileVault)

Hi all, We are testing to enable FileVault (2) on our machines. I have followed a white paper to setup the Casper Suite to enable FileVault via Casper/Self Service and I have noticed that not all machine are FileVault Eligible . I have no clue why th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment through Apple Configurator

Hi Guys, We have recently applied and have been accepted into the Apple Deployment Program and we have started some testing using a few iPads. As far as we know we have configured everything as per documentation, but there must be something we have m...  View more

a01af445d7084ad99beee6b8a1e8c1db
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Uninstall Script via Policy, Errors Out

Hey everyone. Trying to run this complicated Symantec Removal script so we can get Symantec off and everyone moved to Trend Micro. I have a script Symantec provided me that does a great job of clearing everything out in one go. When I run it as a pol...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying an OS X Upgrade: Recon at Reboot script

Overview The script below will create a LaunchDaemon and Bash script to run Recon at the next reboot. We've found this helpful with OS upgrade policies which tend to ignore (or fail) when "Maintenance > Update Inventory" is included. Background We us...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Select Workgroups message during login

I've been digging the net to find anything on this and have not found a thing.Here is the full message; "Workgroups for username . Select a workgroup to use. Click Remember and Continue to save the selected workgroup for use next time. Hold down the ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Not Running Automatically

Hello everyone, I am trying to implement an extension attribute to pull the version of SafeGuard. Below is my script: The extension attribute will populate the correct information if I'm physically on the machine running "sudo jamf recon". I enrolled...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing an SSL cert to iOS

Hello, I work at a school that uses a web filter which requires a cert installed on every device for SSL inspection. It's easy enough to push out the cert to the MacOS devices, but I'm having trouble pushing them to our iPads. I can create a configur...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update App for One Device?

I have a user that wants an app updated on their device. This app has been known to have problems when updating, therefore I do not want to update it across all users and devices. Our users do not have access to the App Store. Is it possible for me t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE 2.1 Integration

Has anyone successfully integrated Cisco ISE 2.1 with Jamf v9.96 (or something close)? In Jamf JSS, we have setup Cisco ISE in All Settings > Network Organization. Then in Cisco ISE, in Administration > External MDM, we have setup the Jamf JSS, and t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MDM profile, not sure what I am missing.

Cloned a working profile, to set up a "Teen" profile with different restrictions. Now, though, whenever I attempt to add ANY app, including Self-Service, it's asking for iTunes login info. VPP is set up properly. I tore out all apps EXCEPT for self-s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop Refresh Reports/Notifications

My company issues new laptops to our employees every 3 years. I'm wondering if there's a way to pull a report or set up a notification so that I know how many machines I have that are reaching the 3 year mark. Is there a report I can run or a way to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tweakboxapp

Hi Everyone - if you haven't seen it yet, look at tweakboxapp.com - goes to the twitter feed of the creator. It's an app that one of our no-app-store students found, and allows him to download the app from the site, then install any app he wants. Yee...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors