Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Xcode 7.3.1 documentation for all users

Has anyone managed to package xcodes documentation for all users? I've got Xcode working for all users and all users have access to the simulators but I'm looking for a way to package the 2g of documentation to a location accessible to all logged use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service, download problem.

I am trying to download a package, and the download fails. Self Service has encountered a problem. Quit and re-open Self Service to try again. I have quit and reopened this multiple times with no luck. We are running JSS 9.82. Any help will be great ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebHooks framework added to ruby-jss (alpha)

Hi All, I've added the alpha version of a framework & http server for handling JSS WebHook requests to ruby-jss: https://github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/ruby-jss/blob/master/lib/jss/webhooks/README.md Ruby-programming is not necessary to use the ser...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Certificate Renewal

My push notification certificate is expiring soon and I am trying to renew it. I have followed the instructions here: http://docs.jamfsoftware.com/9.93/casper-suite/administrator-guide/Push_Certificates.html I have completed this and now see my renew...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom VPN Profile Issues

I made a configuration profile in Apple Configurator 2 so that I could modify it with the keys noted in the Configuration Profile Reference documentation that Apple has supplied. I have successfully configured the profile to where it will enable on d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook lode mode

My apple id was compromised a month ago, so my macbook was set in lock mode. Finally I got the 4-digit passcode, but there is no place to enter the passcode on the lock mode screen. Could anyone help me solve out this problem?  View more

f6294cc50905432fb62458d72e7f4c9e
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM SPSS 24 doesn't launch with user privileges

Hi all, it's driving me nuts. I successfully installed V24 and the application starts as aspected as an administrator. But if I use an user account SPSS hangs and doesn't show any dialog. I have to force shut down the program. We are a school so our ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Network Share to Desktop

Hi, I wrote this simple script to mount out network drives. I got it to allow the user to mount to the finder but, then they have to drag their folder over to the desktop. Is there any way I can have the script check who is logged in and then mount t...  View more

e84581351d264055976b5ad1172730b6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to make my Mac's play nice in a windows DNS world

This is the current config at my org as we have been a windows shop for decades. DHCP automatically dishes out the “dev.XXXX.com” suffix to every system using DHCP, whether they are domain joined or not. With Windows, if you are joined to the AD doma...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad no longer visible in the JSS

I have one singular iPad that has disappeared from my JSS twice now. When I physically check the device it tells me in the settings that it is still connected. I am not able to manage the device. Device management on the iPad still lists the MDM prof...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Teachers and Apple IDs with School email address

Hi ALL,I will preface this by saying I the not seen this with my own eyes, but several new staff have said that they are not able to create an Apple ID using their newly created and issued school email address.We have only uploaded new Middle School ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Policy ID Within JAMF Helper

JAMF Nation folks! I am looking to run a policy within my JAMF Helper script based on the end user's input. Note that most users will not have administrative privileges so this needs to run on standard accounts. Please have a look below and let me kn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook power related problems

I have an aging fleet of Macbook Pros (mid 2012) that have developed a problem since upgrading to 10.11 El Capitan. The computer will try to boot and power on, but never get to the gray screen, it stays at the black screen. The fan runs, the computer...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Florida: any JAMF/Mac User Groups in the state??

A month ago, I worked in a different state (Texas) with a good User Group (all hail @stevewood!). Now, I am in Florida in a different chapter of my life's book. (Damn! Don't I wax poetic?) Anyway, are there any Mac or JAMF user groups in the state?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Restrictions

Is there a general KB that gives a brief description of each of the restrictions that we can enable or disable for configuration profiles? Most i know are self explanatory but some id like to know what all it restricts or allows before just clicking ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment date missing

Hi, the last four Macs i've enrolled aren't showing the date/time enrolled. These we're all done via Netboot and Casper Imaging. Has anyone else seen this/know a fix? All running 10.11.6 and JSS/Imaging is 9.93  View more

2c3bdd49c4ca4202a905a4580d837fa6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 12 Business Edition

Hi i was wondering if anyone has deployed Parallels 12 with the following restriction Locking down what images they can use Password Protect it so new images cannot be created by users . i was advised i can do this by a console but i cant seem to fin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Script

Hi all, I'm new to JAMF and I'm creating my first image from scratch. I'm wanting to use dockutil to customise the dock at login. I've placed dockutil in /usr/local/bin/ and I've compiled the following script from others I've seen online: #!/bin/sh L...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

patchoo user prompt: does not display PKG name or info

Hey guys, I just set up patchoo on a test system and got it working. Caching, prompting and installing is working fine. But when the prompt comes up it just displays the hard coded text messages. Not the description or the package filename. However i...  View more

50ab22a2c0a040eda406a639b6714af4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Display Name

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has run into this before but maybe someone knows something that can help. We recently went through a re-brand at the company, as a result all machines which are bound to AD have display names (locally on the Mac) for ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.11.6 ScreenSaver MCX

Hi Everyone, I need to create an MCX file for controlling the ScreenSaver lock-out time for our users to 20 minutes, we are running 10.11.6, I've found a few different posts but seems to have mixed messages, does anyone have this setup already that c...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors