Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time in Casper Focus Classes

What is the purpose for having the time in classes for Casper Focus? If you have a flexible schedule as for classes i.e: hundreds for classes and teachers is this a viable thing to be using? Do class times clash with other Teachers classes if its a d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proper License Tracking for Adobe Creative Cloud

Apologies if this was already answered, I did a check but couldn't find anything relevant. We have a mix of specific applications, device and users licenses for Adobe Creative Cloud products and are looking for a way to properly track their usage thr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

config profile auto logout vs LOCK

is there a way for me to have auto lock instead of auto logout configuration profile ? some users come back and they have been logged out, thus closing there browsers, documents etc... I told them to avoid this from happening, to click there name at ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privileges Required to Update Computer Records

Awhile ago I created a local JSS user that was solely for the purpose of using its credentials in scripts to perform actions via the API, namely updating the value for specific extension attributes within a computer record. I want this user to be as ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static Groups

I'm just curious as to how you are all using Static Groups. Thus far, I have been alble to leverage dynamic Smart Groups in almost every situation. Im almsot 100% Dept driven here, so as long as a Mac has been assigned to a Dept Im good to go. I have...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick apple configurator 2.0 question

If we were to purchase a phone from say Vodafone UK (Who currently dont support DEP via the Apple reseller ID) If we were to supervise it using configurator and the end user wiped the device, would it remain supervised or would we need to redo it aga...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boston JUG Resources + Links

Excellent meeting last night everyone. Great to see folks step up and share their work and knowledge with the group. A few links and resources related to items we discussed. Others, feel free to chime in with useful links of your own: Apple WWDC Vide...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperCheck (2) can't find zip file

I've been working on CasperCheck2 (CC2) and I finally got it so it would download a non-corrupt file 2015-12-11 15:52:43 ======== Starting CasperCheck ======== 2015-12-11 15:52:43 Checking for active network connection. 2015-12-11 15:52:43 Network co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check Computers Against None Site

Good Morning JAMF Nation, Occasionally our imaging team will have a process fail, when this happens the computer ends up in the Site: None, instead of where it should be. As we have our environment broken out into several sites, they can not see into...  View more

775fe48d129742a290ce9ba60edc79b1 7441da3491744c5280bba2b7cf308ff0 97aa6efce19a447189a6a1521fa8ba2b c3a3ce3bdc594b8ca55070887f7247ac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad Management - Update Pending

Hi all, With JSS 9.81, i choose an iPad (iOs 9.2) and update inventory, it works fine but for other iPads (iOS 9.2 too) update is pending for a very long time and sometimes never completed... Then i can't install apps too. Do you have an ideas ? Thx  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-order WIFI Preferred Networks...

Hello All. I've been installing a configuration profile that sets up our wifi SSID and associates it with a machine certificate via the AD Certificate section. It associates the cert with the wifi config (so the user doesn’t get prompted) and overall...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX and iOS Wifi defaulting to the wrong SSID

Hi everyone, I thought I'd ask this question here since I haven't been able to find a good solution anywhere. About 3 years ago we implemented a 2 SSID wireless network. One is a WPA2 secured, full-bandwidth SSID and one is an un-secured throttled SS...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is your DEP workflow

Hey folks... I'm curious what your DEP workflow looks like and how it's working for you. We've lately started handing Macs in the box to the users and let them go through the setup assistant themselves, which upon completion and enrollment, our main ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locking down Parallels after it's already deployed

Good Day All, So we already have Parallels Desktop Business Edition deployed to a number of our clients but when it was deployed none of the settings were locked down. Our users are not admins but currently they can still create virtual machines as t...  View more

9921b48bf222458c947276ed9e113fb9
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force OSX to talk to Windows DC

This is a bit of a strange one and might take some explaining but really hoping some one might have suggestions or ideas! First off our setup: within our college we run a Windows domain and have a lot of OS X clients bound to it. We also have an auth...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fusion Drive No-Entry sign

Been happily imaging machines using 9.8 until we got a couple of 2015 Fusion-drive iMacs. Same setup that's worked previously and on boot, all you get is "No Entry" icon (sometimes referred to as 'prohibited') and it goes no further. (pic attached fo...  View more

96cac582d1574367be7fb384df706592
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help: Imaging Process- Target Mode Imaging

Hi All, New to the Casper suite so sorry for the long post :). I have been testing deployment methods with some test machines over the past few weeks and have been trying to nail down a deployment solution. To give you an idea of what we need to depl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

EDU / Ipad IOS Slack Channel in Mac Admin

Good afternoon everyone, Not to pull away from these wonderful forums, but for quick follow up and easy access I have made a channel inside of the Mac Admin Slack.Treating as a quick place to ask questions such as "Any of you seeing this today?..." K...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

_mbsetupuser and Giving local admin rights

All - using the following script we are giving the user local admin rights. It is set for Login, once per user per computer. #!/bin/bash loggedInUser=$(stat -f '%Su' /dev/console) evaluate=$( /usr/sbin/dseditgroup -o checkmember -m $loggedInUser admi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with AutoDMG and Recovery HD

Hi everyone. Today was my first attempt to create an image with AutoDMG, but it never created a Recovery HD. Here is what I did and perhaps I missed a step as I am not completely clear what the workflow should be: I downloaded the latest El Capitan i...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retrospect EA - Last Backup Completed

Hi,Anyone managing Mac clients being backed up by Retrospect? I need a Extension Attribute to report the last date a client was backed up. I found a logfile /private/var/log/retroclient.log with the backup date and time. Here is an example of the log...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Restart Options" Policy Payload

All Is there any reason the "Restart Options" payload is always automatically configured and added by default to newly-created JSS Policies? Is there any harm in removing it if it isnt required? I'm OCD about this kind of stuff - Can I remove "Restar...  View more

22349db833e14cdea501c4f349c49b94
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors