Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Smart Group fails to update

If we make any changes the smart group update fails with the following error. An error occurred while saving the changes.See JAMFSoftwareServer.log for more details.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to restore password of iTunes backup file?

I deleted a few photos and text messages when cleaning my iPhone this morning. I already had backed up with itunes. However, i tried a few times to input the password i thought it was right, but all went wrong. is there any way to recover the passwor...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer issue?

Scenario: Running on 10.10.5 and Composer 9.65 (and tested with 9.81). When converting some packages no files will show up in the Sources (or in the folder in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/). I know the original pkg file has them...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mcafee EPO vs Casper FV management

Our jump start date is quickly approaching and we are trying to work out our strategy for managing FileVault. Currently, EPO is managing FV on our Macs and holds the keys (no enterprise key). We think to get Casper to take this over, we will have to ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service policy title size

Here is a view of our Self Service app. I not the server admin, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the title size of individual policies. **Edit: I should clarify that I do co-manage a branch, not the full JSS. The arrow is indicating th...  View more

7c95ab9005d64a54b55e6409bc7a05ce
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does launchd work in El Capitan?

I am attempting to get an app to start when the user logs (Alertus) I think I have the right files in the right places.Has anyone else had any issues with launchd and El Capitan?Thanks in advance  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

get jssID of iPad from serial number via api

ok. so here's me situation. i need for a teacher to be able to go into self service on their laptop and run a policy that asks for a student iPad serial number and then does an update inventory on that device. it looks like i can use the api to do th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO agent and menu items

We've been requested to test and deploy McAfee in our environment so its pretty new. We have the ePO server side set-up. but am curious about a few things with testing and further deploying. These test machines our not on our domain yet, we wanted to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Azure for DPs?

We're looking into cloud-based DPs and our relationship with MS makes Azure the first option everyone suggests. I know it is not a native cloud option, but I assume it's possible to set it up as an https DP? Is this possible, and has anyone done it?  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Fileshare DP and JSS

Hey everyone. So..I've got an issue regarding JSS connecting to a file share and I'm running out of ideas. Setup/issue is as follows - The setup JSS hosted on a mac (version 9.81), and currently setting up an smb fileshare on a separate mac. Folder h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPY Help Needed

I know this is kind of off topic, even through I see an increasing footprint of folks working with BSDPY here... If there is a better forum to post, please let me know and I will post there, not seeing a lot, but maybe I missed something. We're runni...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Self Service and App Icons

Hi,I'm using JSS 9.72 on a WINServer 2012 R2. I'd like to prevent users installing apps from the app store.I set a config restriction profile:- Allow installing apps - deselected- Allow removing apps - selected- Allow In-App-Purchases - deselected- R...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CoreStorage and SMART status?

Is it my imagination or can we no longer get the SMART status of internal drives that are partitioned via CoreStorage (FileVault2 & 10.10.5)? My boss wants to be a little proactive for finding dying drives and I knew diskutil could return the SMART s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

System and User Language

Hi I created a OS X vanilla image with the AutoDMG tool on a mac with user and system language in german. Then I copied the image on a MacBook and run the setup assistant to create an admin user and enroll the device with DEP. I selected german as la...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosted JSS issues

Anyone with a hosted JSS seeing issues where they cannot edit certain types of objects such as polices or configuration profiles. ? I can open a policy and see it's current configuration but when i click the edit button I get the spinning wheel and t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Spawn

Hi Guys, I do want to automate the creation of recovery keys on our mac environment and I do have some troubles with the expect of the spawn command. Details: I need to expect the following string: Enter a password for '/': But I always end up gettin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suspected SIP issue - User Folders

Hi All, I'm trying to run the following script on El Cap to do user folder redirection: #!/bin/sh # Determine USERNAME variable username=$(ls -l /dev/console | awk '{print $3}') # Determine NETHOME variable netvol=$(dscl '/Active Directory/DOMAIN/All...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault - enable with a 2nd account

Banging my head against this all day today, and haven't found a solution that works the way I want. Scenario: We are required to log on with smart-cards, so we've always used FV, with a restricted non-admin account that is allowed to "login" at the F...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purchased Composer from JAMF

I am new to the Mac support community so please excuse my simple question. After I buy Composer from JAMF where do I download or install it from? Do I wait for JAMF Nation to send me link? Thanks, Tom  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Profiles in El Capitan

Is anyone else having issues with automatically enrolling workstations with an OS X Server or 3rd party enrollment profile? I've done everything I can think except for rebuilding the server from the ground up. I've tried using the DeployStudio automa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM demo and User Log-in

Hello All, Since attending the JUNC, I was wondering if anyone knew how IBM was able to have user's log-in with network account credentials and create the first account after the DEP notification?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors