Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

is there a way to remove a PKG that was pushed out

Hello JAMF nation, I have goofed once again and I turn to you guys for help. I accidentally pushed a pkg out to the enitre company and I'm trying to remove it. I can see the check box to " allow the package to be removed" and I re-indexed the package...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API access?

Does anyone know how I can get more info on the JAMF APIs that are listed on the JAMF site here: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/developer-resources/ Calling JAMF has some folks claiming they don't know anything about the APIs, and others claiming I need...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image won't block level on netboot

Following on from my - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=18390 question. I can Netboot happily but the install won't block copy. The image is set to diskless. The drive is dismounted and quickly comes back. Casper images shows bl...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

completely remove an asset from the JSS

I am trying out some things and I want to start from a totally clean state. What is the best way to remove an asset from the JSS and remove all traces of Casper from that asset. Thanks loads.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building FlashPlayer Policy and AutoPKGr

Hey everyone, How do you package Flash Player to include both NPAPI and PPAPI? Any pkg that I find from AutoPKGr only includes NPAPI. I usually just build a DMG manually using composer to include both NPAPI and PPAPI together. Today, this is giving m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO/Shared Drives/AD Binding Best Practices

Hello, I am looking for advice regarding best practices when dealing with the above technologies. Currently, we have an environment where we are bound to AD but the only thing remaining we need it for is shared drives. We currently have apple scripts...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux JDS enrolment error

Hi guys, I'm tying to install the JDS-Linux-Installer-9.82.run on a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server in our vCenter, but I'm getting an error after providing the installer with the details it requests. The error displayed in the terminal is:error: (35) ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Mac App Store or not?

Hey there, i was looking for some best practice and references around the Mac App Store. Are you allowing the Mac App Store to be used by your employees or not? cheersjomo  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Issue with 0000_any_443_.conf

Hey nation! I'm trying to configure a bunch of JDS's on OS X with Server 5 but I'm running into some issues. I've successfully configured the root server, verified it working by replicating packages and downloading policies from Self Service. When tr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

reflector 2

i'm trying to build reflector 2 .dmg but every time i build dmg this error message will show but i'm able to build pkg.  View more

9c4a88dc08c24846a9d910208882881d
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer won't finish under root user

I have to use some software from Xerox that enables a pop up print approval window when students try to print while logged on to the Mac. I composed a package while logged on as an administrator and was able to add it to a workflow and install it suc...  View more

29340863fc99479b8e530ae29da99bb3
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Proxy Certificate is not renewing

Hello, I am new to CasperSuite and JAMF world so any help is appreciated. We recently migrated our JSS server from one Linux box to another. New instance was working but now I am seeing that our push proxy certificate is expired. I understand this sh...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd doesn't work on El Capitan client

A user came to me with a new MacBook Air running El Capitan. My quickadd package created in recon 9.65 fails with the error below."The Installation failed. The installer could not install the software. The installer could not install the software bec...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent unauthorized systems from enrolling

Hello,First time caller, long time listener. We are using Casper to manage our Mac Devices. From a data security, and legal liability perspective, we want to only allow systems purchased by the company to be enrolled. We push access Certificates, and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS App Layout options

Has anyone ever managed the App layouts on their iOS devices? When we were using configurator we had a Master image that had all the stock apps moved, but now that we're moving to DEP enrollment and configuration profiles when we upgrade our fleet (i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing out configured Canon Printers

Our Canon folks are putting out new printers. I’ve worked with them to create a process whereby they have a copy of Casper Admin on a system in their office so I can grab the printer (and the drivers) they create and push it to the users where that p...  View more

bb647d88b04e46ffb32810712591e0d5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Yosemite/El Capitan

I already have Self Service policies setup for Yosemite/El Capitan. now that these are up to 10.10.5 & 10.11.1 if I download the current installer.app for each will each .app be up to date with each OS's updates ? or will they be the base install wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine Sophos Anti-virus version

Even though the version is 9.2.8, Casper of course reports 9.2.4 since that's what the app says in its 'info.plist'. How are others getting the actual version of Sophos Anti-virus?  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Yosemite installer

We are trying to deploy OS X Yosemite to several computers however finding the installation file is proving to be difficult. Does anyone know where we can can download a copy of Yosemite from Apple or another trusted source?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group - "Cached Packages <not empty>?

Trying to test out a new approach to software pushes and cache packages. Ideally, I'd like to then have a policy that runs weekly and simply installs all cached, but since I'm putting up warnings to users, I obviously don't want to bother the user if...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do we block VPN at a school

In supervised mode, blocking new profiles from being installed is not working. The VPNs are now setting up under VPN instead of profiles as they formally were. What else can we do. THis is a huge problem and one of the main reason of purchasing the J...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 hanging on casper imaging

Anyone notice that office 2016 takes a long time to image through casper imaging? As in 5-10 minutes when a 7 gig OS installs in under 60 seconds. I built out office 2016 through composer and packaged it as a dmg I am using 2 SSD mac computers and ta...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Opening Sharepoint files with Office 2016 apps

Add this to the pile of weird changes since Office 2011: I discovered that if you install Office 2016 on a Mac that has never had ANY version of Office on it before, the Sharepoint browser and webkit plugins are not installed in /Library/Internet Plu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors