Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Hello Folks

I am looking to learn the Casper suite, is there any tutorial that you can recommend? I looked on Udemy and cant find anything there.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Alternative

Has anyone made the switch from Adobe Acrobat to another product (with full PDF editing functionality)? I've looked at other alternatives but am curious if anyone has any real world experience with another product, and if so, if they found anything l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing screen lock/screensaver/sleep after X minutes

I am trying to have all Macs go to screen saver or sleep after 10-20 minutes if left at idle. I am aware there is a way of forcing a passcode after screensaver/sleep starts, but how can I force the Mac to enter screensaver/sleep in 20 minutes?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random language being chosen after imaging

This happened last year as well using pre-stage imaging. We image all our machines with a pre-stage that lays down some basics like office, kanaka plugin, admin accounts, etc. After imaging completes some of the machines randomly pick a different sys...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203

Went to the JAMF link provided:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=41&view=info Downloaded the installer:Download: https://admdownload.adobe.com/bin/live/AdobeFlashPlayer_18_a_install.dmg Open the .DMG and then right click and sho...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching a 3rd party daemon on start-up

Here on campus we us an emergency notification product called NetSupport Notify http://www.netsupportnotify.com. It works fine on 10.9.5, however on 10.10.x it will not run. I let the company know, but they have no plans to fix it anytime soon. Befor...  View more

3c374ca772c946e995f690892a7cc4dd
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group - OS Version for Self Service

Hello all, I'm looking to scope out Self Service by OS version and am curious to see how others complete this process. Essentially I want to have a Self Service Category be defined by the OS for scoping purposes. Ex: I don't want the newest version o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest Flash Security Advisory

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-03.html We should see a patch today. Though it would be good to know how it would impact the end users by removing/blocking Flash plug-in from all our Macs.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Policies - Unable to see machines

Hi,I've not set any configuration policies as I've never been able to assign them to machines, let alone computer groups. Does anyone know why I can only see the first dozen or so machines in the Computers list when scoping a profile? I manage roughl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG trouble - error when installing CC 2015

I have a CC 2015 .pkg that I created with CCP. It installs fine any other way, but if I try and preload it onto the 10.10.4 image I am trying to make in AutoDMG it errors out fairly generically. Can't wrap my head around it, as I've had Adobe install...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Power Protection

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding whether UPS units are enough to protect sensitive electronics such as Mac Pro towers, iMacs and server room equipment. A couple of weeks ago I was researching UPS systems to replace an aging Belkin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Apple's CatalogURL to one time command ?

Hi All I'm working on the best way to update XProtect and Gatekeeper whilst keeping auto updates unticked as we don't want those joyous notifications. The plan is to temporarilly enable ConfigDataInstall:defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple....  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing the removal of .AppleSetupDone?

Hey all, Question is in the subject. I've been trying to prevent standard users from gaining Admin privileges. We have FV2 enabled, and disable the root account on all our Macs right now. Some of our users are using single user mode to remove the .Ap...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMART Notebook Galleries

Has anyone tried pushing these out as a separate install from the SMART Notebook software? Not all of our teachers want/need access to the galleries, but some would revolt if they were not available. In the interest of keeping our teacher image (modu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maps and Privacy settings

Hello Everyone, I have been scratching my head over this and while it appears simple in nature, I cannot find the solution. We have a large batch of new computers to be deployed in our college, soon. We are wanting to enable location services for Map...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check My Work, script isn't working

Hey All, I'm working on a script that deletes the Adobe Media Cache. If you work with Adobe at enterprise level, then you know what a mess this thing causes. Basically all I am trying to is delete two folders in the users library location. I have the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cherwell Service Management and JSS Integration

Our managers are evaluating ticketing / call / service management tools and they mentioned to me that Cherwell Service Management can integrate with the Casper Suite, After looking it up, it is a manually created database connector that will import i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

User notifications from script

Dear JAMF friends, I wrote a script which users can run via the selfservice/policy. This script takes a long time to finish because i need to fetch several GBs from a server. Since there is some waiting time involved i'd like to give my users a popup...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Request / Suggest an App from within Self Service

Just wandered if there is an option to allow users to suggest / request an app from within Self Service? If not, I'll post this to the Feature Request because our users do not have access to the App Store, so for them to be able to suggest an app via...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors