Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

JNUC Calendar?

Dear JNUC-elheads:I haven't seen any option to subscribe to/import calendar of sessions at JNUC. Is there/will there be one? In 2013 you had an awesome "Events by Taptera" app which really helped to set a schedule. If I recall, when evaluating two se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP not forcing MDM enrollment OS X

I'm just in the process of testing a DEP rollout for new devices.The devices are hitting the preStage Enrolments they are assigned to but don't; Skip items defined in the "OSX Setup Assistant" payload Force the MDM profile to be installed Once the ma...  View more

7fc50e1156b14536a358f2d454526426 74ea760cd7564cd0957584c673be4d91 4068a5c8b08b409880e204d572037e22
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes Store formatting Issues

I have an Issue on three different Devices with iTunes 12.3 and how it displays the iTunes Store. See attached Screen Shots for TV Series & Apps - this behaviour happens since Friday night. I have opened a Ticket with Apple, but wanted to find out, i...  View more

e5bb906e102f43369593288729c18625 034cd9c781f44e04b0a5e0a0df32da23
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Remote Desktop Sluggishness

Hey all. Some time ago (1+ years ago) Apple Remote Desktop on my main Macbook Pro started bogging down when screen sharing from a remote Mac that has motion on the screen. The session becomes utterly slow and the fans ramp up on the local host becaus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS update to support 10.11?

I recognize that in the background that the JAMF Netsus is using Reposado and there is probably a manual way to update Reposado to pull in Software Update Catalogs for 10.11, but in my mind JAMF should just be releasing an update for the appliance to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software update server vs caching server

JAMF still has the settings dialog for a software update server in the JSS. My preliminary investigation is hearing that Apple's caching server is the bee's knee's so why isn't JAMF using that instead? Does the SUS fill some role that the caching ser...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free Walking Tour App of Guthrie for JNUC2015

In awesome celebration to all that is JNUC, we created an app that discovers beacons around the Guthrie and shows a message on your lock screen. The message is related to interesting points either to do with the conference (because it rocks), the Gut...  View more

da072d8417f34cc28e6a3463c0fc4cda bdfaaaf1ea1748fd967bd05024eec96f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot - Weird and Inconsistant Netboot behavior

Hello, I have been using netboot/netinstall for about 7 years now, on the Classic Server OS, and also the new incarnation of the server app, running on servers with an OS as new as El Capitain. We manage 31 school sites, and many of them have Netboot...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with good scripts failing (exit code: 127)

This has been happening off and on and I'm not entirely sure why... a perfectly good script, meaning it will run locally from the command line, will not run as a policy. This is a script that worked fine prior to 9.8 upgrade (we are running 9.8.1). N...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.11.1 beta 3

Anyone here knows what fixes is in this OS X v10.11.1 pre-release (Build 15B30a). We are still having WPAWPA2 Enterprise wireless connections problem after the upgrade to El Capitan 10.11. I don't have a developer membership so i can not download thi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Factor Authentication at the desktop

Posit: Requiring 2 factor authentication (2FA) to log in to a workstation (and unlock the screensaver) is a fool's endeavor because of lost productivity, high support cost, and user disenfranchisement. 2FA on sensitive apps, databases, etc. makes sen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed App Assignment without Apple ID?

What I am looking for is the ability to assign a VPP Managed App to a device without signing in with an Apple ID. From what I've read, it should be possible with iOS9. Our JSS is updated to the latest version. Because the device is managed, it keeps ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Credit Card in iTunes for iPad Set Up

We have about 270 iPads that will be on carts for teachers to checkout. I've set up several apple IDs but when signing in to iTunes Store (in order for self-service to appear) for the initial set up, I cannot get around putting in a credit card numbe...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Manage Error

Has anyone dealt with this error before? When I run Sudo JAMF Manage to install the mdm profile, I get this - The JSS is available. Enforcing login/logout hooks... Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/A...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable check-ins etc during and after JSS upgrade

I think I'm ready to upgrade our JSS from 9.65 to 9.81. My wish is to be able to temporarily disable all connections to the JSS except for the web admin. I'd like to flip a switch that essentially puts up a wall that prevents self service, check-ins,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ms Office 2011 Outlook new update package14.5.6

This update provides the following fixes to improve Mac OS X El Capitan compatibility: The hang situation that occurs during an account sync operation in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 is fixed. This problem is described in KB 3098396.https://support...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.81 and Server v5*- JDS issues

Hi all, there appears to be issues with JSS and Server 5.I've noticed that you can't have both running together on the same server as eventually the JSS stops running.I've now deleted the server.app from my Casper Server and am running the CasperShar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force SUS updates + safari vulnerability question

Hello All, I am sure most of you have dealt with this already - how have you handled the safari vulnerability?https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205033some sites say it can give you access to root/admin without the need for credentials understandably,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom search paths for Spotlight?

I have spent considerable time looking for answers for this, but come up empty handed so far. Does anyone know if it's possible to have Spotlight search a local Sharepoint site, so that results show up in a normal Spotlight search? With Spotlight now...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable (turn off) FileVault Via Policy/Script

Before reinventing the wheel, I'd like to ping the community to see if anyone has already done this... I need to turn off FileVault on select Macs. fdesetup has a "disable" verb, but it asks for a password/recovery key interactively. Before I put on ...  View more

6dc1bc60d73547dd90edfeda9081faea
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force screen viewing on remote computer?

I understand that the Casper Remote app doesn't do any NAT traversal, and you need to be able to make an SSH connection between yourself and the IP address of the remote computer. It seems that a common way to get around that is to use a VPN. You'd t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors