Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

google safe search?

hi does any one know how to force safe search in google for ios. ie automate the ticking of the safe search box in google settings on the ipads? or is a one by one process, i have a fleet of 500 and need to do it by the end of the day..yay  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Dependency

Hi All, We've packaged numerous applications which have a dependency on other packages. I'm just wondering how you might handle this easily? I could resort to scripting, but that adds another dimension of complexity. example: numerous applications ar...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Decrypting a Filevault 2 drive

Hello! We're in a bit of a pickle here! We encrypted a user's drive with FileVault 2 and an institutional key several years ago. I believe the user was originally running 10.7 or 10.8 when we gave him the machine; at some point he upgraded to Yosemit...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delaying Login Items

Hi We have setup our main mapped drives to run as Login Items, which is working very well for machines on a Cat 5 connection. However on the Airs and Pros we are experiencing issues where our corporate wireless is too slow connecting compared to the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper imaging from 10.10.3 problem

My configuration consists of a OS X. Yosemite.dmg Is anyone getting the OS X.dmg installing as a package instead of Block Copy ?? when i run casper imaging on a mac using 10.9.5 i get Block Copy installation on the targeted computer, so this is worki...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API experts - command help needed

I have an Excel spreadsheet (that can be easily put into CSV or tab-delimited text form), that contains the device serial numbers and asset tag information of 1,100 iPads that are present in the JSS. This spreadsheet unfortunately was NOT exported fr...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Position field for User

I am looking to create an extension attribute to show what is in the Position field for a User. It seems to be the only way to add an additional field for Users. I can use the Position field to make Smart Groups, but it does not show in the list of a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 14.5.2 is out

This update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011 that include the following: • Fixes an issue in which message attributions display incorrectly when you use the "LastName, FirstName" naming convention to display names in Outlook 2011. • ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically open web clip?

Hi, I am trying out the following and want to know if what I am doing is possible or not; In my case i have a iPad enrolled and managed in JSS. In case the iPad gets stolen or for what other reason I want to be able to add it to a group and open a we...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with communication when proxy used

Hi chaps, We have 165 iPad's all managed by Casper. We have an Sophos URL filtering box that uses a proxy to filter web traffic. The Sophos box normally uses Active Directory to authenticate clients. There is a policy in effect that excludes any iOS ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Genius of your own Coporate Genius bar video

Has anyone seen the video of the The Genius of your own Coporate Genius bar video? The software being used by Chris Slagle is that JAMF software? if so what part . You'll notice the interface allows users to set-up appointments eservations just as if...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

/api/index.htm access

Hi, Sorry if this topic has arisen before. I did a search but couldn't find anything matching the questions I have. We have recently had a penetration test of our JSS, which uncovered the jss "https://jss.example.com/api/index.htm" URL. It looks like...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootcamp - Windows 10 - Macbook 12 Retina

Has anyone been able to successfully install Windows 10 via Bootcamp on a Macbook 12" Retina device? I can succesfully create the USB boot device, but at the initial Windows 10 setup window I have no mouse or keyboard. Thanks for any input or advice.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Verification

Is there a way to verify a user enters the correct password and if they don't prompt for it again. I am making a Apple Script to enable FileVault for the logged in user. So I have a AppleScript that pop-ups a dialog box asking the user for their pass...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recently installed Applications on all machines

Hi There, We wrote a SQL query that will show the recently installed applications on all machines using the latest two inventory days to compare. Hopefully it helps someone here who can't afford to pay JAMF for their services. SELECT * FROM (SELECT a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush dscl settings?

Backstory: We use DFS and recently the share engineers decided to change the location/path of the DFS shares. That means all Mac users who have ever logged in before the change date have an SMBHome of specificserver1uNumberusername (OLD). They've now...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are people using for dual boot management?

Finally getting a chance to update classrooms and labs to Yosemite this summer, but one thing that might kill this advancement is the fact that BootPicker isn't compatible. BootPicker was great because we can boot up computers into the Mac OS and pol...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost connection to Active Directory

I'm starting to see an issue with our Mac's (bond to AD) will lose their connection to AD. Here are the symptoms that I notice when I start having odd issues:My wireless will not connect. (We use Computer Authentication, which requires your Mac to be...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC (creative Suite) june 2015 Fails

Hi Folks, We try to deploy the Adobe Creative Cloud Package, created with Adobe CCP Creative Cloud Packager. When the package is created we upload it to the JSS with Casper Admin. Then we use a policy to install the package on the clïents. We never m...  View more

• 68 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to change JSS from init.d to systemctl

I just upgraded a (test) JSS from Debian 7 to 8. After the upgrade the JSS refuses to start automatically. I can start the JSS manually by typing '/etc/init.d/jamf.tomcat7 start' but I'd like it to start automatically when I start my server. I know t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy wireless settings to MacBooks

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything specific on this. When dealing with the iPads you can set the wireless settings in Configuration Profiles, but I cannot find how to do the same thing with our Laptops. Thanks!Andrew  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors