Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Dictionary Restriction

Hi, We are trying to restrict looking up explicit language in the Dictionary via configuration profile. It appears that the configuration profile loads and all the restrictions load, except the Dictionary restriction. Anyone encountered this and have...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flexera - AdminStudio Mac ?

On the PC side we have been using Flexera's AdminStudio for years for building packages. I got an email from them this morning saying that there 2016 version was out. Started reading it over and it would seem that they are now doing Mac package build...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

View and export unassigned devices

We are transferring devices from one MDM to JAMF and having the users erase and set up as new. Is there a way to sort devices in the DEP section of Global Management by Unassigned or create a smart group for this? I'm looking to use it to track down ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script fails ... sometimes

I have a script that removes admin rights, which I run as part of a policy. However, it seems to fail about 1/2 the time (and works fine the other half). Executing Policy Remove Admin Running script Remove Admin... Script exit code: 64 Script result:...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions on creating a test enviornment

I am new to the Casper Suite and JSS and was finally able to start testing it at my work. I've been doing a lot of reading and trying to learn as much as possible on the suite and JSS but I realize it's easy to get lost and was hoping I could get som...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

06/20/2016 Adobe Updates

We have used Adobes "RemoteUpdateManager" console application in a weekly Casper policy to keep our Adobe CC applications up to date. As of this week RemoteUpdateManager 1.9.2.56 (the version the vast majority of our users had installed) did not upda...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari and App store using proxy settings

Hi AllSo I am having this issue where I have enforced proxy settings via a Configuration Profile I created in OSX server(for some reason Casper doesnt have this payload). It works fine except when people try and switch networks, Firefox and Chrome se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirServer config

I see some past chatter about getting AirServer to work with the AirPlay config profile... but I have yet to get this working. Anyone know what the trick is to manually entering the DeviceID to get it to work? I've done some Bonjour sniffing.... trie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush all failed MDM logs?

I deployed an update to our corporate WiFi profile to all our users and found it would fail on a large chunk of Macs. This caused the "failed" MDM logs in Casper to build up throughout the day. Once failed, the profile would not retry and this left s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles -- Add Dock Apps

Hi all.Is it common that Maps.app, Photos.app and Books.app is not listed in the drop down selection when you choose configuration profile - Dock - Add Dock Apps?I know how to add additional apps to the drop down selection by editing an tomcat xml fi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How often does JSS query AD

What i'm wondering is how often does JSS query LDAP? We are having users transfer schools a lot but JSS takes days or longer sometimes to update that users INFO to the new School location we have set in our AD attributes that JSS looks at. There for ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB share profile keeps failing

Hi We use a configuration profile to mount some SMB shares for each user, which has so far worked fine. However, these profiles are starting to fail. On one machine, the profile will work fine for one user but will then fail for a different user on t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 ?

Hi Folks In my new environment we have Macs that have been FV2 with individual keys that are stored in a separate CRM database (Annoying!!), why they did this I do not know. These Macs are 10.10 and above which are now enrolled into casper, so now fi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil policy error, not sure why ???

I copied (select line 1 to last line 678 and copy) the dockutil.py from here https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil/blob/master/scripts/dockutil put it in textwrangler, called int dockutil.py and placed it in /usr/local/bin (El Capitan), dragged it in...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing a configuration to a Mac

Hi folks, We have been using Casper Imaging for older machines, and this works fine. Imaging uses a configuration that installs a load of PKGs and runs a load of scripts. Note I'm talking about Computer Management > Configurations and NOT Configurati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to apply mobileconfig for config profile

i am testing Dock Master (http://errorfreeit.com.au/blog/2015/4/28/dock-master) and it created a mobile config from the site. When I create a new configuration profile in JSS how do I apply the mobile config? do I use the custom settings payload and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS Communication

Hi Guys, I've setup a JSS on Ubuntu 14.04 as a bit of a home lab system. All seems to work fine apart from the communication to APNS:- Unable to create a push notification certificate through the JAMF nation wizard. When I log in it boots be back to ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does DEP require the JSS be accessible on the internet?

We are enrolled in DEP and have a pre-stage set which gets us to the Configuration Available prompt. However, when clicking Next we get an error stating "Unable to configure your mac an error occurred while obtaining automatic configuration settings....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels