Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Centrify Package

Does Anyone have any familiarity with Packaging Centrify client 5.2.1 I have tried to use a standard composer process however it doesn't grab the system preference pane. It does seem to install most pieces but we use the system pref. pane quite frequ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search Web History on Clients

So we recently had someone printout some documents that seemed slightly questionable and I am looking for a way to see what computer may have been on a specific website by searching web history. Anyone know of a way to search web history for Safari/F...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Making a pseudo guest account

Because of some conflict with configuration policy we are not able to enable the guest account on student computers. I am trying to work around this by making a pseudo guest account wherein a template is created and after every logout the system dele...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Rollout/FV2

Hi all, quick question. I've joined a new firm and they're looking to roll out Casper. Part of the roll out will be encrypting all Macs using the Casper FV2. We already have some Macs encrypted and were wondering how these would integrate in to Caspe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automation of AD binding

In our environment, we have had two significant and persistent issues. Our primary devices are MacBook airs, and we image them using external drives. The image has consisted of an 1.) an OS and 2.) a package which installs a firstRun script and it's ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Not found on server" false error.

Hello fellow Jive Mo-Fo's. I've been running into an issue lately where a policy will run and attempt to install a script or package but report that it can't be found. Here are the steps I take to verify the file exists: Confirmed the file exists on ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashplan Extension Attributes

Has anyone had any luck using them? Either the ones you select New From Template or ones you can download and install from jamf nation? We're using Casper 9.5 and CrashPlan PROe 3.6.3.2. None of them seem to produce any results(the only one that work...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

afp548

afp548.com has been down all weekend and still is down this morning. Anyone know of the status? Hopefully they're not defunct.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active windows are losing focus?!

I have a strange thing going on here:Every 30sec or so, my active window loses it's focus. I'm not sure how, what or when this started to happen. Also, i cannot find out where the focus is "going to". I've been keeping an eye on the console to see if...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Account and Management Account

Just trying to get a better understanding on how local and management account works. If I setup a new local account (username and password) with admin rights and then I setup a management account: Management account gives me the options of set a new ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

OT: Automation Makes Us Dumb

http://online.wsj.com/articles/automation-makes-us-dumb-1416589342 In recent years no doubt we've all heard of the impacts of automation. I decided to share this here because largely what we do with Casper is automate. To me, being the Casper admin p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone customizing the OS X Yosemite login window?

As we all know, OS X Yosemite removed the apple logo at the login window. I used to replace this logo with a company branded logo. That no longer seems to work. I was hoping someone may have a solution for this in yosemite. I appreciate any input. Th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reduce timeout for mobile accounts off network

Does anyone know how to reduce the timeout for accounts off network when bound to active directory? It currently takes an additional 1 - 2 minutes to log in. I believe the system has to time out first before using cached credentials. Any help is appr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Mavericks Server

We recently had both hard drives in our Mac Mini that runs our Casper Imaging app die. I have replaced the drives and have 10.9 installed. When we go to the App Store to get Server for OS X, the only version it offers up is the one for Yosemite. Does...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi authentication and FileVault 2 Encrypted Machines

We have a problem with our current Wifi authentication and FileVault 2 Encrypted Machines: Our laptop users log in with a domain account and password and our wifi is applied via a configuration profile and authenticated with certificates and the doma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosted JSS Policy Logs -- one click at a time

How do those of you with a hosted/cloud JSS deal with policy logs?! You know that policy logs look a little different on a hosted JSS: Instead of each computer's result being shown to you, you need to click on SHOW in order to see each computer's res...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Yosemite via cloud distribution point, anyone?

Anyone deployed this way, or working on it now? We're working to set up Yosemite upgrades via Casper. Our cloud distribution point is hosted on Rackspace. So far, no success in caching/install cached or straight install. No errors in policy. Policies...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 9.61, scripts and quotes

Hey all,Not sure if anyone else has seen this, or is having the same issue, but I just noticed that, at least with version 9.61 of Composer, if I add in a script, like a postinstall script and I type directly into it, it INSISTS on converting all my ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Schema/MCX Question

We're a bit puzzled here, I see that our Active Directory user accounts have managed preferences applied to them via Active Directory (Workgroup Manager shows them and our Macs are parsing them), and we can't quite figure out how this is happening. W...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Couldn't Mount DP - Error 97

First time I've seen this particular error. I can mount the share using afp just fine via finder. I verified the passwords and share names are all typed correctly. Did all the generic restarting of DPs and clients, Casper Admin even completed a repli...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD computer certificates via configuration profile...

I created a configuration profile to install an Active Directory computer certificate in users' workstations. The profile works. But when the certificate is installed, it is placed in the System keychain. So upon first launch of the app using the cer...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching Server and Blocking Updates

K-12 Environment Like always, we try to curb the random iOS updates until we have sorted out whether or not they will break the usage for the end-users. The student iPads specifically are the ones we keep the closest eye on We have blocked the DNS fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security and Privacy Sunergy

Hi All, Under 10.9.x client is there away to script Synergy to be activated under Security & Privacy Accessibility, as we locked out users from this prefs panel. Sorry typo Synergy in the subject...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes U

I would like to check does anybody have the syntax for the iTunes U? I am hoping to push the iTunes U courses code through Casper for the ipads. Anybody successfully done it?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors