Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Netinstall Creator 4 issue

So, I managed to build a netinstall set, and got it to boot, but after entering my JSS username/password, I get the following error: "Casper Imaging could not locate any drives for imaging." This machine does have a working 10.9.3 install, currently ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why JDS?

I was really surprised the that JDS does not have auto failover. I was considering setting up a few of them in my environment and but now I'm not sure if I should use JDS or just setup an HTTP/S server as that has failover functionality. I don't expe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperAdmin Configuration & Policy

Hey all, Is it possible to 'call' (not sure if I'm using the right word here) a Configuration that has been setup in CasperAdmin from a Policy? So instead of adding packages/scripts/etc to a policy, add a Configuration from CasperAdmin that has all t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper NetInstall Creator 4.0 Supported OS X Versions?

As you probably know, NetInstall Creator was resurrected this week (yay!). I had no issues creating a 10.9.3 NBI with the new release. When I attempted to use it to create a 10.6.8 NBI, however, the resulting image would not boot on any of my machine...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPs download tests?

Hello, we recently switched all of our global DPs to use HTTPs. However I've been observing some "odd" behavior. I developed a script to test each server by curling a test package and checksuming it for each result. The first time I run this script a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Password Policy Options

I'm trying to put a password policy together for our users that complies with our company's requirements. I've run into a stumbling block. How can I prevent a user from creating a password using dictionary words? Any way to capture the input from the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Browser Home Page Reporting (not setting)?

We are looking to collect the home page of our users' Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers. We do not need to set the home pages, only to report the home page of each browser. This might a script, or a set of scripts (or scripts driving extension att...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profiles best practices?

Hello all. I'm just starting to move away from our old OD MCX-based policy management to a combination of JAMF MCX and individual profiles. JAMF MCX seems fine, but I do want to start using profiles and do have some questions about them. I'm planning...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolment Profile on JSS

HI i have a strange issue with a custom of mine and they are trying to enrol their iPad's on the JSS with an AD account when they enrol it only shows 1 profile on there device but the JSS is showing 4 have been installed but if you enrol a user on th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SNMP Tricks: Counter vs. Gauge

So when using SNMP, what do you do with the info? Well, a lot of that depends on the monitoring software you use, and if you use good software, you can get some really handy results from the same number, just by using it differently. For example take...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Certificate Error

I'm playing with JDS with the intent of swapping our storage at some point soon. So I setup a new JSS server in a VM. It is working well, I thought. When I try to add the JDS to it, I get the following error. Any ideas? I guess i need to rebuild my s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Remote Management.

Guys, we usually set Remote Management settings on our builds. Im trying to use the pre enrollment feature. Is there an easy way to set this with say a configuration profile? Or maybe with a composer package.Thanks  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues getting computers enrolled in test JSS

Hi all, I am in the process of setting up a test Casper Imaging environment and I am running into a little difficulty. I have imported our current production JSS into our test environment and it imported successfully. However, when I try to connect t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nightmare with Mavericks OS and iWork and iLife apps

Has anyone been able to solve this? We create a Thick image from a brand new machine that just has the an admin account and some other settings. We don't put any app store information in. When we apply this image to a machine it gives us all types of...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Indexing and Software Removal

I have a dmg that installs an application. The application is just the .app that gets placed into Applications. I know that if I index the dog in Casper Admin I can then remove the application from the client stations. Here is my question. If a user ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors