Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Device Enrollment Program

In case anyone has not read about it. http://www.apple.com/education/it/dep/ And some updated things that may be of interest… The New ITAn overview of iOS 7 features with an organization IT focus.Please use this URL as a starting point to explore all...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX behind proxy?

We have a ticket open with JAMF, but we wanted to check with the community to see if anyone is running JSS behind a proxy server? If so, has it worked reliably? Any gotchas? No mention in the KB or admin guide: Integrating with Apple's Global Service...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV - AirPlay

Can someone please explain the AirPlay settings for Apple TV i.e. Restrict AirPlay destinations(Only known AirPlay destinations will be available to the device) this option takes device ID. I couldnt find the device ID of my iPad there is a device id...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus: Classes Not Showing Up

Hi all, I'm testing Casper Focus but I'm unable to get my test class to show up. The two LDAP logins I've been using work if they are entered in the Teacher Username, but not under the Student Username. I've tried toggling between a specific site and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Showing progress bar while running scripts

I manage my Windows clients mostly with a tool call WinBatch. One of the nice features is the option to display a progress bar and update that progress bar while the script is running. aStatusBar (0,title,message1,10,0) to open the statusbaraStatusBa...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advance Search off Extension Attribute not working

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or been able to fix. I have an extension attribute setup to check for duplicate certificates which scans the System keychain for a specific certificate name and reports back the count of that certificate. M...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confusion over App Store for Macs

Hey all:When I read the agreement for the app store, it states that you are allowed to install the app on as many computers as you wish that you own or have tied to the Apple ID. With that being said, there is Volume Purchase program to but many copi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package limitations and policies

I was looking to setup a policy that installed a piece of software. This piece of software has one package for 10.8.x and one package for 10.9.x. Instead of making two policies to handle this, I thought it would be cool to place both packages into th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

multiple jamfhelper messages

Hello everybody, I have a test script that is showing 3 messages and which works fine in terminal #!/bin/sh echo "test1"; test1=`/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType utility -heading "Test" -descr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat init script on Debian

I just updated to 9.24. The init.d script failed to start tomcat because it is expecting Ubuntu. DISTRIB_ID=lsb_release -i -s 2>/dev/null returns Debian and the code below is looking for Ubuntu. I simply edited it to reflect Debian and all worked fin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GoToMeeting cached login

We have multiple gotomeeting seats available and users seems to always check the remember me box when they use any of the seats, although each of the seats must be reserved, users tend to always kick others out of the meeting simply because they end ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.1 base image and Recovery partition

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed but I haven't found anything to address my question. I am going to make a base 10.9.1 image using Composer to upload to Casper Admin and then use to image some 75 2013 macbook airs. My question is t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi profile still prompts for password

I just made a change to one of my wifi profiles which kicked all of the clients off. After setting that back up and connecting the ipads to a secondary ssid, it seems that the profile is being updated (based on the chart in the configuration profiles...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID prompt not suppressing in 10.9.2

I've got a script that we run at imaging and then via policy at startup that disables the pre-login iCloud/Apple ID prompt. When I image a Mac via Casper Imaging with the public 10.9.2 release it reboots and goes to that prompt anyway and doesn't go ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Adobe Extension Mgr 7.1.1

I have a user that wants to install AEM 7.1.1 (December '13) on his CS6. I ran Adobe RUM, but he said it didn't update to the 7.1.1 version. I so went back to AAMEE and told it to create an update pkg. The AEM only updates to 6.0.8. So I took the dow...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue booting after 10.9.2 update

Hello all, this may not be the place to start this discussion but just wanted to check in our community if someone has experienced the following: I've been testing the 10.9.2 seeds on my 2010 iMac and everything was working correctly until today that...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS on 10.9.2?

I would really like to update my OS X JDS machines to 10.9.2 quickly. Has anyone done this? If so are there any issues?Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search by Application Version

Is there a way to search for computers by Application version? I want to know which computers do not have Google Chrome version 33. I see you can search by Application but not by a specific version.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Upgrade, fails to netboot

Rather than redo the work on the netboot, I figured I would just use the 10.9.1 build that i used to create the NBI, run the combo update, and re-run it through SIU. That completes as expected, however when I try to netboot a machine I just get a Cir...  View more

• 157 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 / 10.9 Config Payload (mobileconfig) reference

Morning all. Rather than using 10.9 server / Casper UI, I'm looking at potentially systematically creating mobile configs on the fly. I'm aware of the iOS (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProfileRef/Introdu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 Updates During Imaging

I feel like I'm missing something simple here.I'm imaging Mac laptops with Casper imaging. After installing a custom OS, my configuration is set to install Office 2011 followed by a couple of update packages.The configuration finishes and everything ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple updates

Security Update 2014-001 (Lion) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1727 Security Update 2014-001 (Mt Lion) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1729 Mavericks 10.9.2 Combo Update http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1726 Mavericks 10.9.2 Update http://support.apple.com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors