Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Set JSS to UK date format

Currently policy activation dates are only configurable in US date format. Is this possible to change to UK format? My policy nearly kicked in and would have been disastrous. JSS is 9.2  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packing Mono Framework as .dmg

If I want to pack the Mono Framework as a .dmg File (after a normal Snapshot) the Composer crashes with "Error creating DMG packageThere was an error creating the packagae. Please make sure that the location you are saving to is writable and try agai...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS: mod_rewrite not working

Hey guys, I got stuck with this problem. Customer is running a NetSUS 2.0 with two branches on it. (e.g. http://1.2.3.4/content/catalogs/index_root.sucatalog) If I point clients directly to this URL, the sucatalog will not be found. On github I found...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

zombie MCX

Hi all, Having an issue whereby we had the key showInputMenu set to true for the loginwindow.plist... This seems to have caused issues when se clients are waking from sleep or screens saver & are then beachballing. I set the MCX as unmanaged, & later...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 64bit without Quicktime plugins

Hi people i'm running into bit of a issue here.. I have packaged up Firefox with profile that contains all the settings i need and bookmarks... after deployment or compile into a image. Firefox won't pick up the quicktime plugins unless i launch it i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcards in Licensed Software

I was wondering, and haven't been able to find it anywhere, but is it possible to use wildcards in Licensed Software definitions? As an example, we use Sassafras K2 Key Client to control a lot of our concurrent use software. Sassafras version numbers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - domain migration user login woes

All, We're testing a domain migration from AD-A to AD-B. Basically the workflow I am using is: dsconfigad -remove to remove the Mac from the old domain, then dsconfigad -add to bind to the new domain. This all works fine. The issue I'm running into ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeekTool Desktop Info

Wondering if anyone is actively deploying GeekTool and geeklets to there Macs with Casper and how are you doing it? I have a script that is populating the info I need on the desktop, just not sure how to make it start up with the exported geeklet I h...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Clients to a specific Distribution Point

I'm struggling here... We are a geographically diverse company, and I need the ability to serve policies to my West Coast offices without them having to phone home to our headquarters in the Mid-West. So I went the route of creating a File Share Dist...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 systems won't see updates on local server

Not exactly sure why - but for some reason whenever I run softwareupdate -l from a 10.9 box, it says no updates available with our internal SUS. The internal SUS is 10.9, and shows patches are available in the Server.app If I do a sudo jamf removeSWU...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home Sync status reports

Reaching out to see if anyone has any experience or success generating a report that tells what computers have successfully performed Home Syncing. In addition to knowing when a computer has checked in, we would like to know the last time it has succ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating VPN setup with built-in OS X VPN client

Hey was just wondering if anyone has used a script to automate VPN setup with OS X's built-in VPN client. I've tried using an Applescript but it kind of works in 10.8 and doesn't work at all in 10.9. The script is very similar to the one found here: ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange ActiveSync Domain Field Requirement WORKAROUND

I have been struggling with the requirement to populate the domain field in the Exchange ActiveSync configuration profile. Because we use Google and have no way to pass first.last to the User field, this completely breaks our ability to configure ema...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

curl inventory record

hello everyone, I am looking for a way to look at a mobile inventory record for a piece of information I require. I have looked into it and it seems the only way you can do this through bash is by using the curl command. curl -v --user username:passw...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notability disappearing

We are a school and use Casper to manage approx. 500 iPads. We upgraded to JSS 9.21 a few weeks ago. Just this morning, the Notability app disappeared from at least 20 student iPads that we know about and then re-appeared in self-service. We are inve...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing default spelling language in Word

Hi all, I've had a request to change the default spelling language to English (UK). I know how to change it as if i were a user, but they want the change on all the clients. Being a noob at scripts etc, how would i go about doing this? I've downloade...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope Policy by AD User

Hi- I recently tried to scope out a policy for Self-Service by AD user, not group. I wasn't able to scope it by individual user. Is this something that is new in 9.21 or have I just never noticed before? If it's something I've never noticed, has anyo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workstation Application Mgmt and Auditing

I would like to be able to review and either approve or deny all user workstation apps. I realize I can blacklist apps, however, this also means that I have to review all apps each time. Therefore, I devised the following structure: I would build thr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud and Find My iDevice / Stolen Equipment

Has anyone found a way of implementing iCloud's my Mac/iPhone/iPad in the JSS for locating lost/stolen enterprise equipment but at the same time still allowing people to use their own Apple ID? Or, are people just hoping that the machine reports back...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office updates with Self Serivce

I have been having some issues with issuing the newest Microsoft Office updates on Self Service for all the staff and students. I download the update from the website and then open the .dmg file and pull the pkg file into Casper Admin and then make t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors