Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Create user account with no password via Policy?

I've been searching for an answer to this for a bit now - my apologies if this has been already asked and answered. I used to be able to create local accounts via policy and use a blank password, definitely in the 8.x JSS and likely in early 9.x buil...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT Netbooting from Mavericks Server

Has anyone else had trouble netbooting from 10.9 server??? I recently upgraded(?) all my servers from Xserves running 10.6 to MacMinis running 10.9. I migrated OD, Mail, my JSS, etc. Most everything runs fine but I can't for the life of me get NetIns...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Late 2013 rMBP Recovery HD fork

Just noticed this week that the Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro's Recovery HD is a forked build of 117. My imaging workflow partitions the disk and was using the Recovery HD image from the Early 2013 Retina MacBook Pro, which is build 116. The Late 2013...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Mac equivalent of gpoupdate /force ?

Is there a Mac terminal command similar to gpoupdate /force on Windows? Searching the man pages from dsconfigad doesn't appear to have any commands that are similar and my google searches seem to point to 3rd party products. I was hoping to do this n...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads not showing up after 9.2.2 update

Hello, I'm having an issue after performing the 9.2.2 update. I tried enrolling some iPads that have recently been updated to iOS7 (these iPads were not previously enrolled before the update). They enrolled fine, but didn't show up in the JSS. When I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks NetInstall 13B42

Hi,I have downloaded the installer of Mavericks 10.9.1 Build 13B42 but am having trouble creating a working NetInstall for it. I have tried using SIU, Automator and Composer but the netinstaller always comes up with the stop sign when booting from it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seasons Greetings (and cached packaged)

Merry Yuletide to you all! As part of the season of goodwill, I wrote this script. It's untested but it should go through your Waiting Room folder and install all that it finds before cleaning up. It's based on Nick Amundsen's installPKGfromDMG scrip...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x credentials missing since 9.22

Since we updated to 9.22, every computer we enroll in the JSS gets our 802.1x wireless configuration profile installed but when you attempt to connect to it, it asks for the authentication credentials, which are supposed to come from that profile. So...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking the AD computer account from Casper Imaging

Recently had a question from a tech while I was explaining Casper Imaging: "What happens if I enter a workstation name that already exists in AD?" While I know the answer, is there some way to check if that computer name exists in AD and prompt to co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Extension manager script

Hi Guys, I'm trying to make a script to install/ update a Photoshop CC extension trough the appropriate command line tool.i made an if statement to test if it is installed but somehow it doesn't work. Who can give me a pointer, i'm going crazy here. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 Updates on Netsus Server

I have noticed on my Netsus server that updates for 10.9 are not appearing. I would expect to see the 10.9.1 update to appear, but I don't have anything at this point. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I have opened a case with JAMF to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sidebar Favorites

Running out of options here....Anyone know how to prevent users from adding items to the Finder Sidebar under Favorites. Deleting the sidebarlist.plist works but it recreates the sidebar back to default, hence any specific changes I have are gone.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safe to roll back from 9.22 to 9.21?

Did an upgrade from 9.21 to 9.22; Which failed initially, End up de-install JSS and install 9.22 (as new, without touch java and sql) and restored the database from Backup. All seems running fine for 2 days, Until ipads start loosing profiles (alread...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Support in Netboot Image

Hey all:We have migrated to an 802.1x network environment in our institution. We have been encountering extremely slow performance in our Netbooted systems as the computers stay connected to our pre-authorization VLAN which has a very short DHCP leas...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Someone is doing their job

I was browsing reddit and came across this in /r/Applehelp: external image link Along with this request: external image link Thank you to Damien Barrett for upholding the K12 IT Admin Code!  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding lost, password prompt for rebinding

Currently we're seeing an issue where AD suddenly stops working on certain machines (<10% of them). I think that's caused by the machine password reset issue described in several places, including here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion....  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot re-image a new "Haswell" Macbook Pro with 10.9

I made a Mavericks image from the download provided by Apple. After I configured this image with all our Corporate Standards, I compressed it and restored it to an external drive. The external drive works great, but when I try to boot that external d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to see Config Profile

Saw this previous thread:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5959edit, sorry - lemme paste the code I am using: #!/bin/sh profiles=profiles -C -v | grep attribute | awk '/name/{$1=$2=$3=""; print $0}'echo " $profiles " exit 0 It wo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete default Apple ID associated with 10.9 download

Hello - I am wondering if anyone knows of a quick way to remove the logon credentials associated with the Apple ID that was used to download the Mavericks installation. Essentially, when users attempt to run an OS related update via the App store, my...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors