Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Junos Pulse 3.0 installation on Mac

Has anyone deployed the Junos Pulse Installer through JAMF? It's a simple installer package, but we can't get it to work without requiring the user to reboot? We have to do a load of a LaunchAgent in the users context. The funny thing is, the script ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service wonky permissions

This is a new installation for me, I am relatively new to the product. I built a bunch of self-service packages, and tested a few deployments with no issues, this has been working fine for about a week. Today it seems out of nowhere the apps installe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory & Smart Group Number Differences

Anybody else ever see that their inventory searches and their smart group numbers are different sometimes? Did a screen shot of the inventory, setup smart group exactly the same and got the wrong # of computers in the smart group, but the right numbe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Server Upgrade

Hey Guys, I want to get ready for the upcoming Beta release on Casper Suite and one of the requirements is to have the server on 10.7 or later. Our current environment is on 10.6 (both Test and Prod), I went ahead and upgraded test to 10.8 but I'm su...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 u17 - Disable Check for Updates Automatically

I have a specific need to disable the Check for Updates Automatically in the Java Control Panel across multiple computers. I can successfully build the plist/dmg and distribute it via Casper. However, when the Java control panel is opened, the contro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the default font in Office for Mac 2011

I need to change the default font to Arial in Office 2k11 for Word, Excel and PowerPoint on all the Macs in our environment (new & existing) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how to do this. Has anyone else done this before? What would b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.3 BaseOS issues

I've created a quick 10.8.3 BaseOS image using Composer to capture it, uploaded it to our distribution point, tried to use Casper Imaging to lay it back down and it gets stuck on "set Name to" and the screen just says Creating jamfHelper... The image...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy not respecting Priority - Solution?

Hey, guys: I have a policy that I want to install Office 2011 14.2.3 and then apply the 14.3.2 update, but it always installs the 14.3.2 first (and fails, obviously) before installing the suite (which succeeds): Installing EN Microsoft Office 2011 14...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Branch URL creation "Not Found"

Whenever I create a branch in the NetSUS appliance, I test it by copying the URL into a new window, and I always get a "The requested URL /content/catalogs/index_catalogs/others/index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_test.sucatalog was ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking if a mac has its MDM profile's or not

Hey guys, We are using MDM profiles on our machines and 10.8.2. We have noticed in a few occasions that some of the profiles will disappear. For example the Device Profile "Baseline" will disappear and only Network Baseline and MDM enrollment will re...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle Java 7 update 17 and webstart

So we've been having issues at our work because Xprotect seems to be disabling java forcing us to upgrade. While I've been working on getting Xprotect to stop this, seems like every update they re-activate the Xprotect. So the question is, once I pus...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Security Meeting

Folks, just wanted to let y'all know that the meeting with the Apple security folks went very, very well. Unfortunately, pretty much everything is under NDA. I'm not even sure if I'm able to say who was there. However, just trust me.  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple released 10.8.3

Following releasing OS X Mountain 10.8.3 build 12D78 to developers earlier this week, Apple today released 10.8.3 to the public with a number of new features and enhancements. One of the more notable new features is the ability to redeem iTunes gift ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connection Error..

I've created a script to mount a disk image for 10.6 which installs onto my target drive while being netbooted using Casper Imaging. The installation seems to work very well and also installs the 10.6.8 combo updater but after the installation is ove...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 14.3.2 prerequisites

I was pleased to find out that the Office 14.3.2 update only requires 14.1. Microsoft's KB and download links state conflicting information. The download site claims a requirement of 14.1 while the KB claims you need 14.3.1 installed. http://support....  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels script help

I'm working on cleaning up our licensing for Parallels as we have a few different license keys that have been used over the years. I'm trying to build an Extension Attribute that either provides me the key or tell me it's "wrong". If the license key ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In app purchases

Hi All, Just wanted to post a question and see if anyone has a solution. I am currently working in a school district and we are getting a few request for in app purchases. We currently use the VPP program and manage apps with our JSS. Does anyone hav...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL Replication

Hi there, I wanted to reach out and see what others were doing if anything for MySQL replication? I'm weighing the pros and cons of having a MySQL replica with all of our JSS instances' databases ready to go in the event of a server failure vs just s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Revert Software Update Back to Apple

We have made a decision to no longer manage software updates and just have our clients go directly to Apple. What is the best way to revert the existing managed preference (which currently points to our Casper server) back to Apple? Thanks in advance...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFHelper.. What am I missing?

I have tested/tested and tested some more. Here's all I'm trying to do; --Use JAMFHelper to put a message on the screen telling the users some magical/awesome stuff is happening (I've tried both with and without the -startlaunchd option) --Have my sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors