Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

[OT] WinShortcutter

Has anybody bundled WinShortcutter from lobotomo.com? It's a freeware app/service that opens Windows links on Macs. The reason I ask is that after it's installed, it seems that I need to go into keyboard preferences and enable the Open Shortcuts in W...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Redirect Safari Cache to local drive

Our clients are 10.7.4 and we are using Extreme ZIP with our WIndows server to mount AFP homes. All was working well until a recent increase in Safari usage and now the Safari Cache file traffic has increased drastically. We need to redirect their Sa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy error when AD binding

Hi all,I am getting an error when trying to use a policy to bind computers to our AD. Event log from the policy: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.63 Executing Policy Health Domain AD Binding... Binding fhsalm0652 to Domain... The username (Domaindomain-ad...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

preimaging and postimaging with user segregation

Hi Folks, So i've been doing a LOT of work lately on our deployment strategy, especially with regards to Bootcamp. One of the huge headaches that i've whinged on about involves Apple's new 3TB hard drive equipped iMacs and the very strange partitioni...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Management for carts

Greetings JAMF Nation I am looking for some advice and best practice ideas on how to manage iPad carts. I am very very new to iOS management, well to Mac in general for that (came from a Windows world) Here is our scenario:We have 7 school sites each...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP User lookups odd behavior?

Hello,I have LDAP configured for lookups in our ADS domain. Using the 'test' feature 'User Group Lookup' returns results in less than one second. 'User Group Membership Lookup' returns results in around one second. But doing a 'User Lookup' returns r...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impero

Has anyone installed Impero and have it working? ive got it installed and working but it seems to stop JSS running correctly in the log i get "Could not connect to the JSS. Looking for cached policies"  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

bootcamp deployment

How is everyone doing their bootcamp deployment? I've been banned from using Casper Imaging to do it (!) so i'm wondering what people's methodology is out there. In particular how are people overcoming the fact that Bootcamp Assistant requires an off...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for blank output in EA

I must be missing something. I want to search for computers that have no output for certain EAs, and I can't get it to work. I can see a computer clearly in Inventory that matches my criteria but doesn't come up when I do an advanced search with a bl...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with permissions after NetBoot imaging

I'm working on a 10.8.3 image to be deployed using NetBoot and Casper Imaging. When building the image I can get everything so it's working fine. Network users can log in and access the appropriate resources without error. I've used Apple's Disk Util...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem upgrade to 10.8.3 on server

Hello I have at Mac Pro that I use as a sever with bounded network cards and a fiber channel card that hooks it up to our storage. I don’t use any internal storage on the workstation but there is at standard sata hdd connected. When I installed this ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Password on Wake from Sleep Command Help

Hey all,So I have been trying to remove the default setting in 10.8.3 to require a password during wake from sleep. I can acheive it through an osascript which also seems to work when I use it in either Casper Remote(advanced tab)or in ARD unix code,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 suite not installing

Hi all,Im trying to set up self installers for for my creatives and we used AMMEE 3.1 to do this, but getting an error: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.63Executing Policy Install CS6Design_Install...[STEP 1 of 2]Mounting afp://10.242.120.195/CasperShare ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.3 Netboot image and 10.6.8 server

I am relatively new to jamfnation while i have been a customer for a few years. My question is: Is it possible to host a 10.8.3 netboot image on a 10.6.8 server and if so how can one get there? I have tried building a base image and using that as my ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox PDF file association change via command line

Hi All, I've searched around online and haven't found a solution yet so I thought I'd post here. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the file association for Firefox so that PDFs download and open (with Preview or Adobe Reader) rather than u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors