Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Allow Printing from All Applications

Hi Jamf Nation,As a newbie to the Jamf space, this may be a relatively easy question I just have found it is quicker to just ask first before struggling through a lot of documentation haha.I want to allow our student network users to be able to print...  View more

Gabbycockerell_0-1668458316052.jpeg Gabbycockerell_1-1668460233321.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pages over SMB share

I have a new iMace that the user edits pages and numbers files off a windows SMB share. She is constantly getting a message that the file cannot be saved. I had assumed it was autosave, so I disabled that via the general settings in the system prefer...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Multiple Printer Policies at Once

Hello All,I am getting ready to start building policies for users to add self-service printers. There are about 100 printers to add. Each policy will be set up exactly the same (category, frequency, self-service, etc.). Is there any way to create the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable the Messages App

Does anyone know of an effective way to Disable the Message app? It seems there is no way within a config profile to disable just the Messages app. I was able to "Disallow a folder" instead of an app which seems ridiculous. From what I have been read...  View more

ef4bc885-bcf5-4616-a0ee-e066280e1bdb.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit available desktop wallpaper pics to choose from?

Hey folks... For branding reasons that are unknown to me, management would like to see if it's possible to limit the choices of what desktop wallpaper pics users can set, as they have our marketing team working on some branded pics that I have to pus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MUT is getting adopted

Hey folks, some news about MUT:It has been over 7 years since the first version of MUT became available, and in that time, the userbase and feature set have both grown drastically. What started out as a small learning project for me has grown into so...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 21 kudos

Office 365 Login - Blank Screen and Hangs

We are having issues with the O365 login screen freezing after users change their passwords via the SSO extension. Since O365 uses Safari for the sign-in window, it seems to be a Safari issue as we can't even login to office.com. The only workaround ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Usage with swiftDialog (0.0.2)

Help users easily identify their 50 largest directories in preparation to upgrade to macOS VenturaBackgroundOne of the most common barriers for general Workforce users upgrading to the next major operating system is lack of available disk space.We ha...  View more

Disk_Usage.png
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

802.1x connection without user intervention

Hello everyone,I have created configuration profile, that has network pane and scep certificate pane.The network pane has all the settings for connecting to the 802.1x wifi and scep certificate pane is used for distributing the certificate to the sys...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different license types on the same server

We are thinking about switching from Apple MDM to JAMF and the municipality already has a JAMF server with regular Pro licenses, so my question is, can we add EDU licenses to the same server and select on device basis or do we need 2 separate servers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Markup feature missing from Shared iPad

We have implemented Shared iPads in our environment, and for some reason the Markup feature in Safari has disappeared. We've found that our normal 1:1 iPads in the environment have the feature, so we're trying to figure out if this is another Shared ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Installing Velociraptor!

Can someone with more experience assist me in creating a package with Composer to install Velociraptor? Here is the information i was provided, the only thing i was given plus the client.config.yaml file. Due to restrictions with Mac OS, a binary wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Updates and Resetting Jamf Connect Login WIndow

Here is how I check for macOS updates, install the recent available and reset Jamf Connect login window.- Requires a local admin username, PID and password.Create a Script in Jamf Pro. #!/bin/zsh -i vers=$(sw_vers -productversion) install=$(softwareu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Delaying specific iPad app updates

I manage a retail shop's point-of-sale iPads and the POS software they use sometimes causes weird glitches with new updates which are fixed quickly usually. I know I can delay iOS updates but I can not figure out how to delay individual app updates o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Work wants to replace Jamf Pro with Intune

We currently use LANDesk/Ivanti for Windows management, but they're moving towards Intune. With that, they want to have one MDM for all devices. In the meeting I was just in, I explained briefly that when we tried that years ago pre-Jamf it was an aw...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment failed - "different server url"

Have a Mac that's lost contact with Jamf...Trying to update the MDM profile with "sudo profiles renew -type enrollment" but end up with a "different server URL" error. (I guess the prestage changed)sudo jamf removemdmprofile didn't work - maybe becau...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to upgrade Tomcat Apache on JSS server?

Hello Team,The project I am currently working in, has got some vulnerabilities with installed Apache Tomcat into the JSS serverThe Apache Tomcat needs to be upgraded. Could you please guide with the instruction process of upgrading the Apache? Thanks...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Releasing Jamf licence for lost mobile devices

Sending the Enable Lost Mode, Lock Device, Wipe Device or Unmanage Device commands do no good if the mobile device is not checking in with Jamf. Until it checks in (which may be never), it continues to use a Jamf license. I don't see a way to release...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Think-Cell Script help

Hey all, i was hoping to get some guidance on deploying Think-cell. I have the package from the vendor and i need to script a license key go along with it. The vendor has the instructions here: How to deploy think-cell in a larger company :: think-ce...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovering deleted Procreate app data files

Hello! I accidentally modified the Scope on my installation of Procreate, and by the time I fixed it, the app had been uninstalled and re-installed. The new installation works fine, but all of the saved app files (".procreate" art project files) are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eliminating Local Administrator

We'd like to remove having a local administrator account on our computers but I'm wondering how you might've addressed the issue of SSH/Remote Management/Screen Sharing access in your environments. The obvious answer seems to be a policy to create a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How To bypass SSO Login in Self Service ?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to bypass the SSO login so that supporters can log into Self Service to use policies assigned to them.Currently, the user is automatically logged in when the login button is pressed in Self Service, which is also desired, bu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors