Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Restrict clients off Guest network.

I was looking I thought I saw a script to restrict a user off of a ssid we are having too many teachers connecting to our guest network and I would like a script to push out on Casper to restrict them off our guest network help!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you log into self service?

How do you log into self service? Trying to get the limit by groups mechanism to work properly and when a policy is enabled on all machines and scoped to specific groups it still isnt visible under Self Service unless i remove the AD Group. Any ideas...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5.5 Uninstall Script

I'm having limited success using the Uninstaller.pkg created with AAMEE and the Adobe Cleaner Tool does not eliminate all of the necessary folders/files associated with the programs. With CS4, I used the RemoveCS4 script available in the JAMF Resourc...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide menu item in Apple Remote Desktop

We have installed Apple Remote Desktop and want to hide menu bar icon showing students they are being observed. I found that I can delete the file /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras. Can someone help me automate this deletion through Casper?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation User Conference: Schedule

I just saw the posted schedule and noticed that the sessions "Mass iOS Deployments" and "Don't Get Schooled by Your One-to-One iPad Deployment" are scheduled at the same time (Thurs 1-2pm). These sessions are both on iPad deployment and I was wonderi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 Lion: remotely log in user via loginwindow

I work at a High School and we need to set up labs for testing. We have a local user account that we need to log in and some testing software to launch. We typically do this to make it easy for the testing coordinators; they just come in and the soft...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Login after Sleep Mountain Lion

I have AD bound Macbook Pros that, when off site, will take anywhere between 6 and 15 minutes to login after sleep or screen saver... Is this a Mountain Lion bug anybody else has been experiencing? It doesn't take that long for the local Admin accoun...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Won't Authenticate in Mountain Lion

Hey All, I have searched high and low for information about this and I have come up with nothing helpful so here is the scoop and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction... I imaged 14 brand new 21" iMacs with a Hardware Specific Mount...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Custom Imaging - Scripting Option - Parameter 1

Greetings, I’m looking to simplify the imaging process even more for the techs in the field and need some help. After doing a great deal of reading/research on scripting I was able to create a script the will add a print by command line. #!/bin/sh re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall Image

Hi Can anyone please help? Have just gotten in several new Macs which means I need to create a new NetInstall set so I can get it to boot and have images deployed to it. I have read through this site extensively and understand that that NI Creator 3....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

APN and init-p01st.push.apple.com

We identified an issue with Push notifications on Mountain Lion clients. We have seen that machines try to communicate with init-p01st.push.apple.com and this address resolves to an Akamai IP.Until we have this connection established we don't get our...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

com.apple.screensaver.ByHost & Mountain Lion

So I've noticed that MCX for com.apple.screensaver.ByHost is not working properly in 10.8. In 10.6 & 10.7 I have the idle time set to 600seconds & module name set to flurry. I'm noticing on 10.8 machines this is not being enforced. If I can't get the...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Report from JSS

Hey Guys I have tried for a while now to generate a report listing the printers I have available in the JSS. When I use the Logs>Mapped Printers feature I am getting duplicate printers listed as some users have manually added them with an incorrect n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applescript to display message weekly?

Hello, I am trying to deploy a script that will ask users if they've filled out and submitted their time sheet. If they click Yes, the message goes away. If they click No, it launches Safari and brings it to the front. I can get it to run on my machi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Profile & Expired AD Password

Hi all, We use the Login Window Profile to enable 802.1x wireless authentication before domain authentication. We're in an Active Directory environment using Windows Server 2003 IAS for RADIUS. The problem we run into is when users' passwords expire ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAS Violations on 10.7.x Machines

Over the past week or so, I've started to have a few machines report MAS violations. I just figured it was a user trying to run the store, but I mentioned it to one user and they said they did not go into the MAS at all. They just said the "This app ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.5 VPN Shared Secret Gone

Having an issue after upgrading clients to 10.7.5 where the Shared Secret is being wiped from the Cisco IPSec VPN. Has anyone else seen this? It appears that setting up a new VPN on a 10.7.5 machine will not save the Shared Secret and upgrading 10.7....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot - Cant Unmount disk

Since Lion (now on ML 10.8.2) when I try to do a diskutil eraseVolume on the local disk, i can wipe the recovery partition, but when I go to do the main drive it returns can't unount disk. From there I reboot the system and try the main partition aga...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Macintosh HD

OK, our school recently bought 1850 macbook airs. We had a company image them I was told by the company that because their imaging software would conflict if my os partition was named Macintosh HD I had to rename my os partition to something else, so...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

RUM vs AAMEE Update Package

Hi all, We're looking @ creating an Update workflow for our clients. The basic idea is that we'd cache updates (from the JSS & our ASUS's). When updates are found to be cached, users are nagged to logout & then @ logout the update are installed. Anyw...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

off topic Spotify Applescript

I got a bit bored on leave and created this. Replace the http url to your spotify playlist and save it as a run only application. With this and setting my mac to auto power on after a power outage i can automatically have tubea playing when i get in ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set default mail app? (take 2)

Hi All, On my 10.8 image, i'd like to change the default mail client from Mail to Outlook.. so far without much luck (original post was here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4085). I've tried the below MCX, but this doesn't see...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Run Club 5K

Last year there was some interest in doing something active during the JNUC, and a few of us thought a group run might be fun. This won't be an official JAMF event, just a group of sysadmins going for a morning run! Route: There's a loop that's a lit...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors