Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Applying Numerous Office 2011 Updates

We use Microsoft Office as our productivity suite, and are having a hard time keeping the clients up to date with Microsoft Office hot fixes/security patches. Microsoft does not use cumulative updates, and requires you install all of the patches in o...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage computers via domain account vs. local account?

As mentioned earlier, I'm new... forgive me asking the obvious or already-answered. I believe the QuickAdd utility creates a local account (possibly hidden) on the machines. This account is used for Casper's management, package deployment, recon and ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute To Display MS Office Versions

Hello all, I need help creating 2 Extension Attributes – 1 for Office 2011 & the other for Office 2008 – to display this info for inventory. I’ve been searching around for this, but so far no luck – I’d appreciate it if someone can help me with this....  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Configurations and partitions.

We've got a base Mac image that we use for all our machines. However, We have two images, one with Windows as a VM, and one with Windows as a separate partition. So the only difference between them is Parallels, and a Winclone file. What's the easies...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pass policy name (or ID) to script?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if there is a way for a script being called by a policy to actually know which policy is running it? Or I guess which policy downloaded the script to the client?I think the answer is probably "no", but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ML: Block AppStore, allow SWU

Currently we're blocking AppStore with restricted software. Is anyone aware of how we may be able to block AppStore but allow Software Update in Mountain Lion? (Cue Nate saying Munki.)  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

ichat configuration deployment

Hi guys, our company has just launched a new jabber server and at the end of the month we want to roll it out to all users. I am having an issue with this because lots of users have different aim services running in ichat in addition to our old jabbe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect To Server Address

I'd like all users to have the servers that they need to connect to populate under the "Go>Connect To Server" menu Is there a way to do this with the JSS? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Multicast imaging recommendations?

We have 700 MacBook Pros that need to be imaged. Because of space and staff limitations here, we have a vendor partner that images them for us at their facility. They are connected to us by dedicated VPN and we have a local NetBoot server and distrib...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User prompt before policy execution

Hi Guys,Have a fun one, i have a policy i want to put in place to do software updates during certain times.Once completed, if a restart is required, the users have 90 minutes before the machine will restart after they hit ok. I have been asked by the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ML Script to modify current user settings

I'm working on ML through SS deployment, and I have the firstboot package that is working properly except for turning on the screensaver password for the user that launched the SS task. However a new user that logs into the box it does work for (it's...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move Client machines to a new JSS

What is the best way to take out of (or remove) a dozen or less clients from my current "sandbox/dev" jss environment and add them to a production network? I have a few systems that were imaged and now are being managed by my "practice" jss. Now I am...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAMEE 3.1

Hi All This is only a beta version however I did just test it with CS6 MC using Casper Remote 8.52 and it went fine. http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/tag/cs6 http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/aameetools.html T  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Self Service and App Store

Hi , I wanted to setup up the OSX self service to redeem an OSX-ML code to a small group of IT staff, much like apps are redeemed on the iOS self service. Is it even possible? TIA  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

removing iOS configuration profiles takes so long

Hi JAMF's. With reference to configuration profiles distributed to iOS devices via JSS MDM, creating and distributing them, first time, always happens fast and cool. Trying to remove one from even just one device always takes forever compared to gett...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caper policy and AppleScript

I created an AppleScript that add AD Group based on the Computer prefix. When I run it on a 10.6.8 Mac I get an error email. The error is an osascript error. Doing some research I have found that there is a big in AppleScript 10.6 witch has to do wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to write to ./ in user account

I have recently bound a computer to a domain. The original user folder had a _ separating first and last name now the new account crated has a . to separate name. After logging into the new account I moved to original data into the new account. In th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot question

A few weeks ago, I rebuilt all of our OSX servers (which host netboot and distribution points) to Lion from scratch. We are having some sporadic netboot issues where a technician will select netboot from option menu, but it doesn't boot to netboot, i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors