Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Mounting Network Shares At login

Hi guys, So 3 weeks into my new environment & i'm starting to do some prep work for when we get Casper (soon it looks like). Previously, i've used OD to map users drives at login & in general this has worked well. In this environment, it looks like t...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Io

Allen Creech | Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University | (919) 749-8278  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

management user

Hey Group,It is possible to use the management user to login into the mac after it isimaged and managed? ThanksLC  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 6 Installer

I finally got around to creating an install pack for Parallels Desktop v6.0. I noticed that the installer is an app not a pkg as it was with v5.0. This prompts to contact Parallels for an update which I want to avoid like the plague. Has anyone creat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has *anyone* gotten the Python from the API SDK to work?

I wrote some python to talk to the JSS API but I get 400 errors every time, so I tried the sample that comes in the SDK download. Same problem. But if I take the same XML and send it up with CURL it works great. Could it be that the SDK was written w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '11: How To - Option 3

I found a way to automate the install The Right Way™, including installing package receipts and such (necessary for permissions repair, I'd expect): mkdir "/private/tmp/iLife '11"cp "/Volumes/iLife '11 Install DVD/Installer/Packages"/* "/private/tmp/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wierd Inventory Issue

I upgraded the JSS the other day and am having an issue with the web app on IE8 with Windows. When I click details for a machine, the left hand navigation isn't there. See screenshot. Anyone having this issue or know what to do? ![external image link...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Computer names

I have a group of computers that have already been imaged that I want to add to Casper. They all are named with the same name. Is there an easy way to rename the computers as they are added - I wouldn't care if it was to their Serial Numbers but I ne...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating to 10.6.7 Server

We currently use our JSS as a SUS as well. Has anyone seen any problems with clients with the old, OS-specific, CatalogURL string after updating your server to 10.6.7? The latest server update goes to a unified CatalogURL string but I'm curious if I'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

adding Login Items

Folks, I'm sure there is a quickie for this. I was thinking MCX but though maybe keep it simpler with a script that runs once at deployment.Maybe there is a new button in the JSS I am missing??Running ver 8 of jss Need to add a login item, not hidden...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Query

Hi All, The script grabs the name of the currently logged in user, then passes the variable to the following command; echo |kinit $username at QUT.EDU.AU If I run this script locally – it works, flashes up the KerberosAgent windows asking the user fo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent crashes with Recon 8.1

Hi, folks! We just updated our Jamf server from 8.0 to 8.1 yesterday. Since then,running Recon has crashed 4 times on me, with crash reports that all looklike this: Process: Recon [84468] Path: /Volumes/Casper Suite 8.1/CasperSuite/Recon.app/Contents...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu JSS Setup help - SOLVED

Support had me remove /var/lib/tomcat6/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml and restart Tomcat to ensure Tomcat is reading the Casper DB connection info instead of the default one. (I just renamed it) Worked :) j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu JSS Setup help

Hi all- I went through the White Paper JAMF has on setting up a JSS on alternative platforms (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server in my case) and have hit a snag in the form of the attached screen shot. It looks like the jamfsoftware.sql setup script ran ok as t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS v8: Connection Error

Hi Folks, Anyone experience this after Casper Imaging starts up from a NetBooted image Connection Error connection to https://our.jss.server.com/8443/: 6It fails then I get the LaunchPad However If I hold down Option at launch of CasperImaging from t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Safari to open tiff's in preview.app

Hi guys, Any idea how to set safari to open tiffs in preview.app & not in itself? Or... To get safari to show multipage tiffs? We've a PO system that shows PO's in TIFF formats, but the macs cannot see more than the 1st page. Regards, Ben.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group based on your network location

Hi All, Really quick question here: Can I create a smart group based on a users'current location? The Smart Group 'location' criteria includes Building as a search term ­does my network segment at the moment define which building I'm in? Methinks so,...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request - Casper Admin

I am not sure if someone already put this in already. I'm not sure exactly what it's called, since I'm not a programmer. But I think it may be called an "incremental search keyboard shortcut." (Someone please, correct me if I'm wrong.) Essentially, I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFS - ExtremeZ-IP?

Anybody had any experience with using ExtremeZ-IP to access DFS shares? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532.3447 Team Lead: Matt Beiriger Mac Tip/Tricks/Self Serv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Help Smart Computer Groups 7.31

Hi All, I am creating an Smart Computer Group for about 15 Computers I am using Serial numbers for populating the information of that all Computers but some of them has no serial number but MAC Address is available. When I am just adding serial numbe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management/Application packaging and other Mailing Lists

Hello again fellow Mac supporters, Today in a team meeting at work, I mentioned to my desktop engineering team that I belong to this list and receive valuable insights into what others are doing and how to NOT reinvent the wheel each time I discover ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging up Canon Drivers

Hi I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue I'm basically creating a package for our new Canon printer (Canon C5045) onOSX 10.6.6 I find that when I manually install the drivers and add the print queue allis fine and works correctly. But ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors