Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Integrating with Intune

Hi all,Intune and Jamf Pro integration document includes: Important: You must exclude the User registration app for Device Compliance when creating the conditional access policy. Would someone be able to explain which applications should be excluded ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer PKG vs Native Install

It's been many years since I've used Composer and it was wonderful back in the day for imaging. Since imaging is dead, I'm wondering if creating Composer packages, say of Microsoft Office and/or Adobe Creative Cloud would result in a faster way to in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF MDM Profile - iPad Not Removing MDM Profile

Hello!I have an iPad Pro that we have released from Apple Business Manager and removed from JAMF Pro. There is no longer a trace of it within our system. However, after the iPad was factory reset the MDM Profile was still there from Jamf.What would b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Chrome profile setup?

Just throwing this out there, does anyone know of any projects or threads around how to automate the Chrome profile setup? There are so many screens and buttons for the users to click to sign in to their Chrome profile, it's one of the major hurdles ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery key access in Jamf Pro

Hi,I have a custom type access level for Jamf Pro and I would like to know how Can I access the personal Recovery key on a work station as the option is not available in the Inventory - > Disk encryption section. That option is available for our Jamf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe Plugins

Hello! I'm a relatively new user to JAMF and am so far very much liking it. One thing I'm scratching my head about though is the installation of Adobe CC plus-ins. I manage a bunch of college teaching labs and have been requested to install LottieFil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 2022 - Audio and PPPC

Hello All,Reaching out to the community to see if anyone has resolved the issue on M1 Macs with Snagit 2022 and the Audio component (Boot into recovery to allow system extension).I have a successful package for Snagit 2022 (Application and license fi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Outlook Add-ins via JAMF

Has anybody installed Outlook Add-ins via JAMF? I'm hoping for a path to install an Add-in via a preferences file. My O365 engineers are primarily looking at deploying via O365. I'm just hoping for a "plan B".  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I view past device names for an iOS device?

Is there a way to view the past names that have been assigned to a device? I have a few devices that were returned to me, but they were wiped and their name is now "iPad" in Jamf. If I could check logs to see what the name was before it was wiped it ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yubikey certification location

I have paired my Yubikey with my mac. Pin has replaced my system password.I want to check the certificate expiry date in Jamf Inventory. I do not see the concerned certificate in Jamf inventory/computer/certificates !! I do not see the Yubikey certif...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mixing multiple preference files

I apologise to my fellow Mac experts for stating what to them will be obvious but do so for the benefit of other readers.Mac apps (mostly) use XML format preference files signified by a file extension of .plistThese preference files can be in one of ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete Users Script

We have our macs setup with a local admin account and student login with their AD info and creates a mobile account. Does anyone have a script they use that works to delete all the users minus the admin account?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac not restarting via policy at login window

I have a prestage enrollment that auto skips all setup pages and creates a local admin account.I have a policy that runs after successful prestage enrollment that does two things: 1. Runs a script to set auto login for the account created during the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assistance with Domain Migration using JAMF

Hello JAMF NationAs the subject states I have been tasked to migrate about 50ish or so macs from one domain to another and was wondering how others like myself have got this to work as effortlessly as possible. I have some concerns and was hoping to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure is not working

If I install Pulse Secure 9.1.15 version on mac manually it works, but when I am deploying via JAMF policy, it doesnt work, it is not picking up VPN URL and if I put the VPN URL and try to connect, it says failed to connect pulse service. Any help wi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tenable Extension Attribute

Hey all, Hoping you all can shed some light. Essentially, I'm trying to create an extension attribute to simply pull the agent version and build info.https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/extension-attribute-tenable-network-security-nessus/td-p/1090...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.56.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.24.00 AM.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Jamf User - Question about Subscription

Hello,To provide some basic background, I am a former Windows desktop engineer that used Dell Kace to configure and deploy Windows images to a wide variety of desktops and laptops, so I do have familiarity with scripted software installations and dep...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

multiple Infrastructure Managers

Hi, as we are experiencing some issues with our Jamf Infrastructure Manager I thought maybe I should set it up from scratch again.My Idea was to set up a new one connect it to Jamf Pro. After successful registration in Jamf Pro, switch the used LDAP ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extract Version from Tool not listed as .APP

Trying to export the version of an install (security) application that does not use the standard .App format.When I run the command /usr/local/agent/agent --version 2>&1 | awk '/Agent/ {print $NF}' in Terminal, it outputs the correct information.When...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes Kerberos

I could use a little helpI am trying to make EA to report back when a user has signed into Kerberos SSO.The way I am trying to go about is the read the SSO log file and scan for the word "Principal"If Principal is in the log then the user signed in.T...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Action Update question

I'm testing the Mass Action Update on a couple of Mac's. One is an Intel and the other is M1. They both have the 12.5 available update, but when I deploy the command to both, I don't see any prompts where it gives you options when to deploy it. It do...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

“Setup Your Mac, please”

When auto-launching Self Service post-enrollment isn’t enough, continually prompt your users to actually setup their new MacsBackgroundWhile we thought we’d done everything to help ensure our users had a seamless experience in setting up their new Ma...  View more

Setup_Your_Mac_please.png
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Disable multiple desktops/spaces OS 12.4 Monterey

Hi there, I would like to disable the use of multiple desktops on a fleet of Macbook Airs (Monterey 12.4 - M1 chip). Limiting access to Mission Control does not limit the multiple desktop/spaces function. I've looked around for scripts but haven't fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors