Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Filevault 2 not enabling, SecureToken missing

Hello All I am having an issue where it seems securetoken is not being enabled on our accounts, thus FV2 enablement window shows up and asks to enable but it doesnt work after entering the users password. We are using jamf connect with OneLogin for u...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping based on Azure AD groups

We have a need coming up to stop polices and deployments (IE connect) to users based on their Azure AD grouping. Is this even possible? I have seen LDAP grouping (limitations on policies to LDAP group), but nothing for Azure. I know this is a can of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD + Jamf Pro+ PPPC

Hello, just recently started using Jamf and getting my head around the number of custom scripts that you need for some policies that Jamf/Apple don’t necessarily want you to do e.g. Chrome as default browser.My question is allowing Apple Remote Deskt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.35 Release

Good morning Jamf Nation! Today we released Jamf Pro 10.35 which includes support for user deferrals for macOS Software Updates, cloud identity provider page enhancements and Bearer Authentication for Classic API. Jamf Pro Security IssuesJamf provide...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 5 kudos

Printing with non-binded mac

How can I add printing job to Printing Server Queue "windows server" ?* Mac and Printer are using same network.* Mac is not AD binded* Am using my badge or AD logins to start printing on the Ricoh device "highly preferable".* manual solution is to be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Server Tools for M1 / M1 Pro

hello community,today i wanted to have a look at the jamf pro server tools and then make a backup of our database. unfortunately i read in the notes that the jamf pro server tools are not offered for apple silicon. do you have another solution here, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Free up space OneDrive Command

Hello everyone,Does anyone know the command that will run the 'Free up space' command for the OneDrive folder.I want to run it after a user has logged out, just wanting to know if this is possible first.Thanks, Browner.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Device enrollment

Is it recommended to enroll through Remote management after the device is added to ABM ? Reconfirming the below points :1. Policies are applied for user-initiated enrollment devices and to those devices who are enrolled via Remote Management right ? ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wiping, reinstalling and enrolling

Hi everyoneIm a total noob to JamF. I recently joined a company and they have about 10 macs which are out of use.They charged me with writing up a protocol for wiping, reinstalling and re enrolling the macs to JamF.The company currently uses Jamf but...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic device enrollment

Hi,Devices enrolled via ABM do not appear in Search inventory in Jamf Pro,But the device is available under scope in Pre-stage Enrollment Tab Is this how it works ? ADE enrolled devices wont appear in Search inventory?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add iOS Apps to Apple Silicon?

So I am trying to install GarageBand iOS on an Apple Silicon device. But I get this error."Media lookup returned no results for this platform" I used this guide.https://grahamrpugh.com/2021/08/24/jamf-ios-apps-on-macos.htmlIs there a better way?Thank...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renew MDM Profile command is running daily

Today I've noticed that the "Renew MDM Profile" is being ran against some of our computers really frequently.I'm unaware of any policy in our environment that would trigger this, and I'm not 100% sure yet but this issue seems to be only happening on ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Need to exclude machines before enrollment ?

Hi all, I'm new to Jamf Pro and am struggling to find out how I can exclude a machine before it's enrolled with Jamf. We apply a few profiles and run a few policies on enrollment but I need to replace a few of them with the profiles/policies I am tes...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Forced Global DNS Settings

Hi,We are trying to keep our supervised student iPads connected to our FortiGate DNS server at all times, when they are at school, it's done easily as you can expect. But when they go home, we have no way to set their DNS servers towards our publicly...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Screen shows Deployment in progress

Now I got a setup that works like expected. User boots his empty MacBook and Jamf installs all the applications and settings. After a while the Mac asks to log in. But in the background it’s still downloading and preparing stuff.So I would like to sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to manage/track a device after it's fully erased?

I work in the infosec team of my company and we are doing some tests and use cases related to Mac security incidents. The IT team uses Jamf Pro as MDM for Mac. The use case is the following: a tech savvy and malicious user formats the hard disk, turn...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Extension on M1's

Is anyone else having issues with the SSO extension just randomly stop working? This is happening more and more often, more so on M1 devices. The only way we have been able to resolve it is to wipe the device and set it up fresh. Seems like JAMF is p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Bookmarks

Hi Guys,I've been trying to add remote desktop bookmarks from https://soundmacguy.wordpress.com/2020/06/14/managing-microsoft-remote-desktop-10-bookmarks-with-handy-jamf-scripts/comment-page-1/?unapproved=15565&moderation-hash=52675532c055e57029dc4ae...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Store Apps Not Installing

I've had some free and paid Mac Store Apps setup for distribution for a long time and for a long time they have worked just fine. Now, all of a sudden, they're not always installing on a newly enrolled iMac. Is there any way to trigger an automatic i...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors