Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

2022 Strategy

Every year we like to start with a strategy for what we want to accomplish for the year. What is everyone looking to add, improve on, or switch? Apple and JAMF have made a lot of changes. Be interested in seeing what everyone is looking at for the ne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

ARM based Mac Monterey Activation lock recovery utility

How are folks handling activation lock on ARM based macs with Monterey?I turn on Activation lock and find my mac. It asks me "Enter your Mac password". So, I enter my account password. It works and I'm n ow activation locked with find my mac.I then b...  View more

activationlockemailedited.jpg activationlock.jpg activationlockpassword.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login - remember last user

Hi, is there a way to pre-fill the nomad login screen with the username of the last user that logged in?People used to just type their password in the stock MacOS login screen are not appreciating having also to type their username...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

why is sudo yelling at me this script??

Just a little thing to replace our old mount share script, which had a ton of oscascript tell blocks that would generate PPPC dialog boxes for our users. This new script has been tested and it works. If it's a Directory User, then the share just moun...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads - Managed AppleIDs Enforcement

To my knowledge, Apple does not currently have a way for us to enforce what accounts are able to login using the iCloud pane on iPads. We are about to unlock the iCloud pane for our students to be able to login with their MAIDs, I'm looking to preven...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Getting devices out of Jamf

Anybody know how to get your devices out of this program. Down 2 months and getting no where. Ready to move on to another mdm but can't get my devices out of JAMF because we can't access the program.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User profiles list not updated in JAMF

Hello,We use User profiles for setting the wifi configuration.We had old setup where the user account was a mobile account.We migrated with rtrouton script (https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/tree/main/rtrouton_scripts/migrate_ad_mobile_acc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Admin removal - temporary grant/white list

Hi - so our organization is wanting to remove admin access to all users ( windows/mac); our macs are not joined to the domain - managed with JAMF and self service portal. What is the best way to allow users the ability to temporally have admin rights...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS update not Auto logging in after update

We have had an issue where we sent an update command for macOS and once the update is ran and the mac mini restarts, the login screen comes up. Auto Login is set. Currently, the password is entered, and we don't have an issue until the next update. A...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Cannot reach a Jamf MDM server

The last post I can find relating to this is from 2017; There isn't a solution there and I've tried almost everything previously listed.We've been using JAMF for a few years mostly without issue - this is the first time we're seeing this error. There...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.35.40 AM.png
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Self Service Installers(Google Chrome)

Hey everyone I could really use some help. I’m trying to add installers to self service. I’m starting simple with Google Chrome. I’m new to scripting and Jamf and slightly confused.What I’m trying to do is this: Uninstall the current version of Chrom...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Checksums

I'm having an issue where my package installs are failing due to a validation error. Can anyone shed some light on the checksum calculation and verification process? I've tried several tools, openssl, md5, shasum, etc. None of these generate the same...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SSO Kerberos Extension

Hi Folks, I want to unbind my AD Mobile macs. It's mandatory to ensure AD pssword sync with local pwd. I have to use Apple SSO Kerberos Extension for now.1- Can Apple Extension make pwd sync from both sides ?2- If AD pwd is locked or desabled, is thi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Packaging and Deploying the macOS Installer

https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/deploying-macos-upgrades/9.96/Packaging_and_Deploying_the_macOS_Installer.htmlJAMF's online document "Packaging and Deploying the macOS Installer" is misleading, errors are mentioned below.Step 1: Add t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Approved KEXT under Monterey

I thought that approved KEXT through MDM clients (i.e. Jamf) were still doable.But the approved KEXT configurations policies I've tried to setup for my Monterey test machine all fail. Is this expected behavior? Are KEXT finally dead-dead?And without ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive Deployment

I know there are older threads on this, but it's a new year and macOS Monterey has been released so let's start fresh...I'm looking for a much better way to deploy Google Drive. Currently, I just deploy the pkg and then work with the users to grant t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors