Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Configuration profiles pending and failing

We are in the middle of migrating between Sophos and Defender and have observed a large percentage of our devices don't have the right Defender Configuration profiles required to onboard our devices. Defender has installed fine through policy, but ca...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Cisco AnyConnect in BigSur and up

Here is a script I made to remove old installations of Cisco AnyConnect that were done back before a choices.xml file was used. #!/bin/bash #This script will uninstall the full install of Cisco AnyConnect with all the modules # It will first look for...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.25.53 AM.png
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to deploy .app

HI,I'm a newbie here @ Jamf Pro. I need to deploy few .APP apps (like FileZilla). I've made a PKG via Composer 10.34.0, but It's failed during the installation. Can you provide me with some tips? Or Link if you have? I've tried to google documentatio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone Delete from the inventory Jamf Pro

Hello,One of my technicians sorted out the iPhones that were no longer communicating with our Jamf and delete all not communicating.But one of the iPhone has reappeared and the MDM PROFILE JAMF PRO is install on it, but we didn't see the product in o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH and Screen Sharing Issues in Big Sur and Monterey

I've already put in a ticket with Apple and perused the macadmins Slack, but I thought someone here might have had the same issue or know of a fix...We have a fleet of about 3800 machines. Most are Catalina, but we have about 800 running Big Sur and ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking Missing Macbooks

My school has about 40 Macbook Airs for students to use. From time to time they go missing, but usually turn up in a classroom somewhere. I tried to turn on Find My Mac using managed appleids but none of them worked. When I called Apple they told me ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Training

Hi all,Does all JAMF Pro trainings are chargeable except 100 ?Do they have any additional discount for organisation who is having JAMF Pro? Thanks,Sonam  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS Config Profile to Lock an iPad after DEP

Hi All,I am Just after help. I have an issue where I need to Lock devices after completing the DEP process for iPads. We are having iPad purchased for the institution by different departments which are missing our Jamf Prestage enrolments because we ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro and DeepFreeze

Hi All,We are currently replacing our mac fleet that are not enrolled in Jamf, but are singularly "managed" with deepfreeze installed to revert back to the known state on a restart. We are dropping deepfreeze all but one of the machines when we go to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x authentication error after Apple updates

I found that any time we install an Apple security or OS update, then the Mac will fail to auth to 802.1x with System Mode (computername). Once we connected to hard wire, or vpn, then the 802.1x will work fine.We use Cisco ISE for our wireless back e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Intermittent sudo issues?

Hi all,We have our Macs AD bound with mobile accounts, and starting with Big Sur we've had several users run into an issue when trying to use sudo in a terminal window. They'll get the error that they're not in the sudoers file. Normally they'll be s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Unenrollment

I have two devices in pre-stage enrolment that need unenrollment for service under Apple care. I have one device that is enrolled that also needs to be unenrolled for service under Apple care. I am a firefighter, not an IT person trying to manage the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to Monterey

Hi all, Just looking for some feedback when upgrading to Monterey.. Ive gone through upgrade to Big Sur and even older OS but looking to see if there is a easier way or newer way that we can upgrade users..Typically .. I will just either deploy / cac...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report by Machine Age

I am trying to build a lifecycle management for my Macs but am a little stumped. How do I get a report based on machine Manufacture date?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

An update on App Installers

At this year’s JNUC 2021, we announced App Installers; a streamlined way to deploy and update Mac applications, removing the tedious tasks of sourcing, deploying and maintaining non-Mac App Store titles. This month, we launched a private beta with se...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 17 kudos

Detect VNC/ARD Disconnect

We are in the process of setting up a series or remote accessible M1 Mac Minis that will all be distributed via Guacamole for students and faculty that are working off campus and need access to software only available on campus. One thing we would li...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out of Facetime

I see a thread that's pretty old (2016) of people wondering about logging out of Facetime. I'm working on adopting a fleet of machines that were "imaged" using CarbonCopyCloner, and they're all logged into AppleIDs. =( I've managed to get them signed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Installation issue with Monterey

Have a set of machines that we're adopting and for whatever reason, pushing VPP apps to them, I get "Invalid Status Code" in Jamf Pro, and the apps don't install. These are running Monterey. I haven't seen this issue with other machines, but I'm not ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

how to deploy unique Python venvs per user?

I have a Mac lab running Catalina and Python 3.x (multiple versions) from python.org, not Apple's built-in Python.We would like to deploy Python virtual environments as follows— the first 2 are easy enough but I'm stuck on #3:one shared standard user...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Account Page Down?

Cannot connect to my account to download the new JamfConnect. account.jamf.com not working? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there an ETTR?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

How are Monterey and JAMF playing together?

Hello Hive Mind, This is my first post and I am simply hoping for some feed back from those of you that have moved your fleets into Monterey. I work at an Indepentent school and the last thing we want to do is allow our Faculty and Staff to upgrade t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors