Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

allow only signed macros on MS Office® 4 Mac

First a warm "hello" to the community ;)I hope, someone can help me, to find a solution for my question:On Windows® environment, it is possible to set up, that only signed Office macros (for example Word®,Excel®) are allowed to run. Unsigned macros c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set computer name (inventory preload)

Hi,My entreprise and I are new with JamfPro.We are trying to modify the computername during prestage enrollment.In fact, we wants to use informations store in:- inventory preload (information we configure in "bar code 1")or- inventory of the computer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow for macOS and iOS updates?

Hi all,Just wondering what you're doing in terms of macOS and iOS updates? Our Windows workflow is fully automated with a 7-day grace period before the computer will automatically restart to install updates. We really want to have something similar i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning license to Free apps?

Hi all, New to Jamf and I'm not seeing the connection on getting Free apps deployed. I followed the steps in the Jamf 100 Course but im getting "Pending - All licenses are in use or the license is not assigned yet". So I went to Apple Business manage...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Install Chrome Extensions

I need to force install a Chrome Extension.I have looked in Jamf Nation for solution but latest ones were in 2017 and they currently do not work (from my testing).Has anyone got them to work with Monterey?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent macOS Monterey Upgrade on M1 machines

Hello Everyone,Posting this after much head banging/frustration with these M1 machines. We currently are utilizing grahampugh's, erase-install to have our user's upgrade their machines in our organization from Self Service. It's working great so far ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey Update Triggers Failing

I have two policies in our environment to cache the Monterey installer on end users machines first. The second runs a files and processes command based on the machine being queried into a group showing it has the Install macOS Monterey.app present. O...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Joining Mac to domain vs OKTA device trust

Client I have was all Windows based, they have puchased a bunch of Mac and therefore I am now here. We just got Jamf purchased and portal setup but nothing else done yet. Have my two 4hr session calls setup with Jamf to get things rolling.Q: From wha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Subsription

Hi folks,i see the following in our jamf pro account under products - Pro. I'm not sure what to do. I get on 25.04. a new activation code that I have to renew in my jamf pro instance? and what happens if I don't do this directly on April 25th ?Cheers...  View more

BookMac_0-1650533523135.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unsupported OS Version for M1 Monterey 12.3

Hi I tried to enroll macBook Air M1 Monterey 12.3 in jamf cloud. using enroll URL. MDM profile is successfully installed but the jamfcloud dashboard shows "Unsupported OS Version" with the right serial number. Moreover, jamf command is not available ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

All devices enrolled as unmanaged in 10.37

Since we updated our Jamf Pro server to 10.37, any manually enrolled device is shown in Jamf as "unmanaged" . Appears that Jamf Binary is not downloaded to device -- /usr/local/jamf is never createdThis happens on latest Macs with M1 and macOS Monter...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO

Is the Jamf School documentation ( https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/documentation/Configuring_Kerberos_Single_Sign-on.html) similar enough to translate to Jamf Pro? I'm not able to find any Jamf Pro docs on configuring Kerberos. Also, has anyone tra...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guide: How To Configure Jamf Pro SMTP with M365

Overview:I was really struggling to configure SMTP with M365. We have a distribution list that our Operations team are all apart of and wanted to receive email notifications from Jamf for a variety of reasons.Our environment has MFA enabled and I was...  View more

5jamf-smtp-config-1.png jamf-smtp-config-1.png
  • 45 replies
  • 2 kudos

PreStage Enrollment and Automated Device Enrollment

We currently have PreStage Enrollment and Automated Device Enrollment setup and all new Macs are being enrolled this way. Now the question is how to handle the nearly 1,000 Macs that are already in the wild. The Macs in the wild are already enrolled ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to move App's to users ~/Applications/ directory

Hello Everyone, We are looking to get some app's moved out of the root Applications directory over to the users ~/Applications/ directory. The majority of our users are non-admin's and we'd like to have them have the ability to update some applicatio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block meraki Systems Manager installer

Hello I am trying to block the Meraki installer from our Jamf machines. I cant seem to find the process name for the Meraki Systems Manager enrollment app, any help here is appreciated. Im currently just blocking m_agent* to see if that works  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prestage Enrollment with Apple Migration Assistant

Our process used to be:1. Migrate data to new computer - only bringing over apps, AD user, and user files - no network settings2. Web enrollment/AD bindNow with M1s and secure tokens, we have setup prestage which creates a local admin account.New pro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Update Computer

How can I force a inventory update from the console for 1 specific computer? I know I can do this via the command line option: sudo jamf recon , but I would like to do this from the console.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely re-enroll computers

We have a problem where our computers have been losing their profiles over time- we have a solution, running the command "profiles renew -type enrollment", but this requires us to get every single computer into our office one by one to manually run i...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors