Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Certificate Deployment Expiration Issue

Hey Jamf people! We are having a weird issue with our GlobalProtect certificate deployments. We have deployed the certificate to our endpoints 10 days prior to expiration to make sure we don't have any expirations (leads to p0 outages). This time is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey update

Hello Team, I would like to seek your assistance, as we all know Monterey is in coming and we would like to roll out the upgrade smoothly for end users. However, there's this pop up admin credentials that we have been facing and we just can't give th...  View more

tdcxmanila_0-1634105226118.jpeg
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Worst Admin Task...

Greetings Jamf Nation. I have been wanting to post about this for some time and see how everyone else is handling it. There is an Administration Task I do constantly which just, eats up my time and I hate it. How does everyone else handle weeding out...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing .app to Catalina and Big Sur

I'm trying to install Barracuda Backup Agent via JAMF to my macs, but the only installation Barracuda provides is an .app file within a .dmg. In the past, I'd just capture the installation in Composer and deploy. But now with the wonderful Read Only ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN iOS recommendation

Hey guys,I am in the middle of setting up Jamf Pro. Right now I am trying to figure out how I should set up the VPN. Before we had Jamf, the iOS devices had the OpenVPN Connect app. Our users have to authenticate with an 2FA RSA securid token. Our VP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad utilization

Hello All, Wondering if there are any suggestions for a good ipad utilization report/tool? I find this a bit interesting as if there is/was a way to utilize screen time on a enterprise scale that would probably be the perfect solution. On computer si...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HDCP issues

Our company will shortly be offering Mac to the entire company. One issue we run into in some conference rooms is that the signal will either be blocked or flash and show green. We have narrowed the issue down to an HDCP issue. The issue can be resol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADCS - Failed to inject certificates into the profile

Hi guysI am out of ideas, I'm hoping someone here can help me.We use Global Protect in our company, and have set up the jamfconnector to retrieve the certificates.We have an ADCS configuration profile, which has been working fine up until now. Newly ...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notification

Hi Team,I am looking for the notification tab in jamf pro. If I need the screenshot of notification tab, where can I see it?or how can I add the notification to get the users for software updates? Can you please help me with this?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 10.30.x issues with macOS 11

I have an .app bundle contained in a .dmg that I am trying to package to deploy to our fleet of machines to the /Applications directory. When I package this via composer utilizing either drag and drop from /Applications to Composer, or via normal sna...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Firewall System Extension

Hi, We are trying to deploy McAfee Firewall but on Catalina (10.15.7) we have a "System Extension Blocked" window for "McAfeeSystemextensions" and we are unable to approve it as well as McAfee Network Extension in the Privacy tab in Full Access disk....  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking Asset State Using Extension Attributes?

How heavily do most of you leverage extension attributes to track the state of a laptop, such as in-service, out-of-service, damaged, out for repair or slated for return to the IT team because a staff member has departed/been terminated?We don't have...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Install

Hi Team,1. If the user didn't install the software update via jamf pro(self service), then how to forcely install the software update.2. What can we configure to ensure the security updates are available in Self Service so users can install them? Or ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Always on VPN for MacOS

I'm looking for clues on whether AoVPN using IKEv2 can be done and how. I can see that IKEv2 is available as a protocol for iOS in the VPN Configuration Profile settings but not for MacOS in the corresponding VPN Configuration Profile settings.There ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer

Anyone else experiencing Softwareupdate --fetch full installer just downloading macOS Big Sur? I am trying to grab an early version of macOS Catalina and for whatever reason even with the version 10.15.1 argument it is still downloading 11.6 Big Sur....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network profile could not be installed.

Hi all,I am trying to install a network profile for the corporate wifi and it failed to install it on the station.The error that appears in Jamf under Failed Commands is : ״The ‘Wi-Fi Network’ payload could not be installed. The 802.1X service could ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refresh EDU profile?

Anyone know of a way to refresh the EDU profile on managed devices? We're experiencing an issue with Apple Classroom where student devices are claiming their EDU student/teacher certificates are expired, and refreshing the EDU profile appears to fix ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and VPP Apps in Pending

We currently have a wide spread issue in my school district where if a device is set up, Self Service will not install.Once self service installs (randomly, we have to wait anywhere between 8 hours to a few days), we attempt to install apps and it's ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Restriction: Slack

I am trying to make a software restriction to kill and remove Slack on macOS but for some reason it does not seem to be working. I have tried using slack.app and the service name which is just slack, the app just keeps running happily. Any ideas? I w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

reset dock to default

I'm trying to reset the dock to default via Self Service policy using the following execute command in files and processesdefaults delete com.apple.dock; killall Dockit does nothing to the users dock that ran the self service policy!!! itjust makes t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors