Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Applescript/Launchagent Plist run on Login?

Hey friends -- We have an Applescript that handles the mounting of our network shares. This script is kicked off by a .plist file that lives in /System/Library/LaunchAgents We've recently upgraded our computers to entirely new hardware, and now it's ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot change Local Admin Password

Hi Folks Has anyone had this issue when changing our local admin password via Jamf in the Local Accounts payload and choose 'Reset' I get an error stating 'Error resetting the password for user' I am using Jamf Pro 10.27Tested on macOS High Sierra & ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad OS Self Service Icons not updating

All of my Self Service icons for all the apps in Self Service are default. Apps are mostly Microsoft apps. I have upload icon file and see icons in Jamf but Self Service isn't showing them. Any thoughts?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application usage statistics: How to make useful?

We need to view usage statistics on each of the Adobe apps we use. I can't figure out how to report the usage in the last 90 days per user. I don't even seem to get very close. Below is essentially what I'm looking for. ComputerName, UserName, Applic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

enrollment invitation not enrolling into SITE

is anyone creating enrollment invitations and selecting the SITE that the computer should be placed in? is the user who is receiving the emailed enrollment invitation URL successfully enrolling the computer using the URL? and does it also successfull...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Follow Me Printer

Hello everybodey,In our company I have to install the Follow Me printers for all Macs via Jamf. I already created a policy for the printer, now I should know how to create the printer via a script at the user. I know that it works with lpadmin but it...  View more

98ddb714ba104c0693c1bfb81b245820 68a7e2e877244310995a214f849bdd96
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Apps and Site Management

Hi all,I'm trying to enable Site Management to allow for "junior admins" to manage areas of our Mobile Device Fleet. With the current set-up, I have to assign the Mobile Device Apps to different sites to allow the site managers to see them, but then ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Education Profile from effecting Classroom App

Im Jamf Pro the education profile defines the classes in a shared iPads login screen as well as classes shown in the classroom app. If there is no education profile (no classes in Jamf Pro assigned to location) the classroom app gets it's classes fro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PI-009041 Jamf attempting to remove unmanaged apps

Hi All,The PI-009041 is constantly queuing up commands to uninstall unmanaged apps from our Staff iPads. (I am at present on prem 10.26.1, and jamf has confirmed the PI is not fixed in 10.28.) When VPP was just a baby, we distributed codes through Se...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Big Sur - not connecting to company network

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me with this issue.We are seeing an issue with new computers that we are enrolling with Big Sur, but computers that had been enrolled previously and have upgraded to Big Sur seem to have the same issue. Our d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

LDAP Sync

I'm looking for an LDAP sync solution. I need to detect changes on AD accounts without relying on a device inventory update. One reason for this is that we need to detect accounts that belonged to school leavers. If they have already wiped the device...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

not (require password on wake/screensaver)

Hi all,I've searched the discussions and mostly found the opposite of what I want to do. I work for a University Library and we have some macbookpros that we circulate to students for up to a week. They autologin to a local admin account (in case the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

System Extension Config Profile Question

Hi, I have been trying to create a system extension whitelist for our new Editshare storage app. After logging in to the app and mounting a file share I am getting a system extension blocked message. Here's the result of my system extension whitelist...  View more

8d49b21787ac4a24aa3c3732bda1c34f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

deferring software updates on Macs

I'm trying to get a handle on managing OS updates for Macs and trying to see if there is a way I can accomplish my ideal workflow, which is this: Apple releases Gatekeeper, XProtect, etc, update and the Mac automatically installs it (this is default ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Daily Reports

Is it possible, thru Jamf, to get a report every morning highlighting which staff iMacs have not backed up in the last 24 hours?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur problem - Dinamic registration in DNS Server

Today I found out that Mac OS 11.x (until 11.2.3 - the actual one) is not updating the Forward DNS registry and de Reverse DNS registry in internal DNS Servers.The problem is that if you have a Scavenge Age defined to scavenge old dns entries, it wil...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.28 Now Available

Hi Jamf Nation, Jamf is prepared to deliver same-day support for Apple’s latest releases as they become available. Compatibility and new feature support are based on testing with the latest Apple beta releases. We’re also excited to deliver a number ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

My Apple ID shows up in all the other laptops

Hi, We use Jamf Pro to deploy different configuration profiles. I have added few apps in Self Service. The Apps which I have built was using packages tool and uploaded it to the Jamf Pro. Now when the users open up the App store to download or update...  View more

dbbf2ecfaa094f518cce08f1a0830f91
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handling stolen machines

So, leaving out Prey, what are people doing for lost hardware. I'm setting up a new jamf site. I've got a DEP MDM set to point to it. I can move machines into it. I'm setting a firmware password, think I'm restricting almost everything, and then thin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud deployments for intel/Apple Silicon

Now that Adobe has released some versions of their software as separate installers for the Apple Silicon architecture, I was curious if anyone has come up with clever deployment strategies using Jamf. I was in the Windows world when last we saw two a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

sanitize illegal filenames for OneDrive Synch

Hey all. I finally got a chance to refine this little Self Service app and it works great. User can now pick a folder to sanitize in preparation for moving to the OneDrive Synch folder. Still have a lot of non-compliant Mac users who need to get impo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Script result: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/ScriptName: line 3: Shared: command not found /usr/bin/osascript: /usr/bin/osascript: cannot execute binary file

I've spent days trying to figure this out.If I run the command below as standard user, from terminal, it works just fine:mount_smbfs //username:'password'@server.corp.local/subfolder/another%20sub%20folder /Volumes/SOP/We have some files that are con...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox Packaging

So I have been copying the new Firefox onto my computer, drop it in Composer, delete the 4 updater files, package it, drop it in JAMF Admin, & update the JAMF policies. I decided to try to make the deletion part separate that runs after the updating ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors