Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

CocoaDialog Replacement

Just curious what people are using instead of CocoaDialog. Are you just going with AppleScript or have you found a new fun tool you like? JamfHelper is great for some simple things, but we've found it to not really be as robust as CocoaDialog is. Che...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Admins approving System Extensions

I am working on getting the Big Sur update pushed out to my environment and running into an issue with system Extensions. I have the Config Profiles set up in Jamf to push the System Extension, but they show up as "active" but not "enabled" when I ru...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling/Removing Traps from Mac

Hello Has anyone had success in removing Traps version 6 from JAMF managed machines? We are moving away from Traps and will be deploying Microsoft ATP, but in order to do that I first need to disable and remove Traps on the endpoints Any help is appr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Google Chrome

Hello Has anyone found a good way to keep Chrome updated, checking for updates and installing any updates at the next close/reopen of the application. We are currently able to do this for our WIndows machines using Intune and an ADMX file. Is there a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No AAD ID found for macOS user account

Customizing the JamfAAD Retry Logic for the Microsoft Authentication Library Token Authentication and reregistration didnt worked. JAMF AAD windows cannot be launched. Does anyone have recommendations? /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Jamf.app/Conte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Computer name Change

Hi all, This has probable been done before so I need some clarification , In my company users have the ability to change their computer names - is there a way to block this? either with CP or policy? Any ideas would help ThanksRob  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to run a un-install app

Hi,Is there a way to push an un-install app to clientes via jamf and have it run automatically? I cant see the payload option in the policies. I'm trying to un-install the f-prot antivirus from machines and I've only seen the un-install app. They don...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Outlook Add-ins

With injection add-ins for Outlook being removed in May we would like to know what Outlook Add-ins users may of installed. Is there a Jamf EA or script to find this out  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

M1 Mac Mini as a Caching Server - Packet Loss

Is anyone using one of the new M1 based Minis as a caching server ? We have been experimenting with one, but it seems to sleep. I do have "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" checked. Display is set to turn off after...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Identifying Executables via Command Line

Fellow Admins, Not sure if there's already a thread for this, but I wanted to post this method in case there are any of you with a similar problem to solve. Hope this helps and feedback is certainly welcome. Overview Here, the problem we've been aske...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.28.0 Beta 2 Is Now Available

Hey Jamf Nation! We've got a great release in store for you with Jamf Pro 10.28.0. Beta 2 is now live, full of new features, bug fixes, and enhancements! Availability of the RestartDevice MDM Command via the Jamf Pro APIYou can now use the RestartDev...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

User directory set for Inventory

Hi All, We currently have /Users/ set in Applications for Inventory gathering, and have found that things like applications in Dropbox, and "stub" applications that Parallels and VMWare Fusion create cause lots of inventory slowdowns and just garbage...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Google Data Studio

Hi Guys I want to be able to Link in purchasing information for all devices including stock items from a sheet into data studio and match the serial number and last seen dates so I can publish a financial asset report weekly. Has anyone been able to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

ADCS Connector - Error Requesting Certificate

HiI have configured ADCS from a Jamf Pro cloud instance. I can see the Jamf server POST-ing to the internal ADCS Connector server in the IIS Logs, but get errors in the Jamf Server log saying [ERROR] [duledPool-7] [rtificateRequestProcessor] - Certif...  View more

a2fec5a972204fa9882e9b0f1f541aed dc5a6ff5cc6749a2b9062764dca7b781
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf School Self Service for iOS?

Do I understand correctly that there seems to be no method currently for Jamf School to deploy apps to iOS devices for "On-Demand Installation"? This is not spelled out in any of the Jamf School marketing materials or documentation. And because Jamf ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web content filtering

Hi guys. New on the tool, and I am pretty amazed about it.The thing is that some client it is asking us to monitoring web content that the macOS users browsing.I know that is possible to configurate a profile to create white and blacklists of website...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assistance with EA to determine Forcepoint Status

I'm trying to create an EA that determines if Forcepoint is running or not. I wrote the script out as a bash script first to test to make sure it returned what was needed and it works just fine. However, once I copied it over to JAMF, I always get FA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way around Activation Locked device?

Hello all, I've got an iPad that has been activation locked by someone that is no longer with the school and I have no way of contacting them. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue but for whatever reason, the device has been wiped and does not show in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for devices that drop from JSS

Can anyone provide a best practice on devices that drop from JSS? I am starting to see devices that have not checked in for some time. Email to end user they mention they are using the device. So not sure what happened. Possible time machine backup? ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Configuration Profiles pending

Lately if I create or make a change to a Mobile Device Configuration Profile a number of devices continue to show as pending. Although in the history for the pending devices it shows that the config was applied. Jamf's suggestion was to exclude devic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Location Services can't be managed?

I've noticed there isn't an option to force the enablement of Location Services on a Mac. I've opened a ticket with Apple and they said this is by design for privacy. I can completely understand that on a personally owned Mac, but for a corporate own...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors